Xbox One 5 Day review

Discus and support Xbox One 5 Day review in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive had my Xbox One for 5 days now. I traded in my 360, and 15 games along with it, which I wasn't to happy about but, cash is cash and the 50% trade... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tha T1p, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Tha T1p
    Tha T1p Guest

Xbox One 5 Day review

Ive had my Xbox One for 5 days now. I traded in my 360, and 15 games along with it, which I wasn't to happy about but, cash is cash and the 50% trade in bonus paid for nearly half the system. I waited a day to purchase a game, so I could explore the system
    and it's features. Here's what I think so far. I Like the system, It's a little buggy, but it's brand new and I expected issues. Luckily no grinding disc drives!!

Pro's:

Voice commands - This lets you turn off your controller, and save battery life (one of my con's) during things like web browsing, watching movies, or certain apps. once in awhile it can't recognize a command, but I chalk it up to my Boston
    accent. (try saying Xbox, start a party, in a boston accent lol)

Graphics - I've heard people claim their isn't much of a graphics leap on this system compared to 360? Those people either need glasses, or work for Sony, because the graphics for Dead Rising 3 are pretty amazing for a launch title, and
    having just played Dead Rising 2 days before trading in my system the difference is completely noticeable and appreciated. Can't wait to see what Madden, and some future titles to drop will look like. Don't knock it til you try it.

Noise/Speed - The time it takes to switch between Apps, and games is pretty good. Also the system is extremely quiet while running even multiple applications at once. I sit quite close to it and never hear it running.

Auto Record/Game DVR - The only thing I don't like is the inability for me to manually delete clips that are automatically recorded, but after a certain period of time with nothing done to them they'll delete themselves. Playing the NBA
    live 14 demo i noticed the system intelligently recorded clips of me making great plays, without me even asking. I thought that was quite impressive. DR 3 has only recorded one clip on it's own, NBA did quite a few in the 2 games I played. I absolutely love
    that I can record on command with just saying "xbox record that". I can't count how many times I said I'd go to the theatre to edit and save a clip in call of duty, and then forgot before I turned off my system, no more of that non sense! And the Upload Studio
    app is a must have and makes editing game footage simple. I assume in the future they will expand on this ability.

Multi Tasking - Not needed many will say, but honestly I think it's pretty cool. The snap feature can be useful at times, and being able to check youtube while I play a game is pretty sweet.

Game Installs/Background Downloads - The game install (with a disc!) is not terrible, took just about an hour to install 30 gigs, and within 15-20 minutes I was able to start playing while it finished downloading. Also, the ability to download
    even while the system is off is pretty amazing, turning 4-6 hour downloads into not such a headache, just download it before bed, and it'd done when you wake up.

Con's:

Xbox Live - as a whole, not liking the xbox live system they have. The party chat is excruciating sometimes taking a half hour to join a friend, who the night before sat in a party all night with no issues with me. Same goes for matchmaking
    with dead rising 3, first 2 days no issues joining my buddies party an then him joining my game. Last 2 days all of a sudden he cant join or even receive party or game invites. I truly hope this is fixable problem in the near future because with the price
    of the system, I shouldn't have to wait to play with friends...never mind just one. Cant imagine trying to play call of duty with this issue.

Kinect Motion Sensor - I know optimum distance away from the sensor is about 6 feet, but some people don't have 42 inch screen TV's, I need to be a few feet away to notice detail and take in everything the screen has to offer. The sensors
    all but useless for using your hand to navigate and interact with the screen at about 3-4 feet, it freaks out all around the screen and doesn't move fluidly or in accordance with my own movements. If i move my hand behind me it works better but it's way to
    uncomfortable to bother with, got my controller.

Controller battery life - Seems to be quite terrible, but it was the duracells that came with the xbox. They lasted 5 days, 2 of which was spent watching tv/movies in which my controller was turned off. We'll see how long these generic dollar
    store brands last, if it ever lets me join my friends game again ;/

Game Resetting during Gameplay - I was in gamestop and heard a kid returning his FIFA14 because it kept kicking him to his home screen, or menu screen of the game and he said Microsoft told him to return his disc for a new one. This has
    happened to me twice now in Dead Rising 3, and my friend about 5 times. I've also heard multiple accounts of it happening in Ghost's as well. I pray this is fixable via an update, or just an issue with the first batch of next gen games because it'd be a huge
    let down if I have to send in my system less than a week after purchasing it because you can't play any of the games without the system resetting itself. This has only happened to me twice now, and wasn't really an issue because after playing Skyrim for so
    long savings not a problem for me, but it's a little annoying and sounds like a system problem, not a disc problem like microsoft told that kid with Fifa.

NON DISC Intalls - really hope this isn't a sign to come with DLC for games, although I highly doubt DLC will be 10-20 GBs. Downloading a 9 Gig demo took about 4 hours, and I have pretty decent connection speed. It was a bit disheartening
    but when I bought DR3 and installed the disc, the install with a disc was considerably faster.

All in all if I love the system, I just hope the xbox live and game joining issues are worked out soon, because then it's going to lose value for me real quick. limited budget only allows for so many games, and it sounds like it's more than just one game
    having the issues. on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 7.4 so far.

and if anyone has any tips on how to fix the issue of me sending game invites to a friend in your party, but it never delivers, or tells you it failed to deliver please let me know!! thanks.

:)

Tha T1p, Dec 31, 2013
  2. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    Lofty Who, Dec 31, 2013
  3. UnchargedTerror, Dec 31, 2013
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

Xbox One 5 Day review

As far as the 9 gig demo you downloaded what is your download speed? I downloaded Fifa 14 in about 2 hours. As far as invites go the system is broken. I can party chat with anyone, except the one friend I have who actively plays Ghosts. Ive never had a failed
    invite but if I find a solution I will let you know

x24hrs2livex, Dec 31, 2013
  5. Deathnad
    Deathnad Guest
    I've also never had any issue with party chat game invites (only used on Forza and COD). One thing I've noticed is that sometimes the games can go into a "quick start" mode or not close/shutdown when the system is turned off. I've experienced reduced functionality
    of the games when this happens. Try to go to menu then close/quit the game then relaunch and see if you still have problems.

Deathnad, Dec 31, 2013
  6. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    You can manually delete the clips by going to clip and pressing menu button ( 3 lines) then select delete.

RippenHarra, Dec 31, 2013
  7. Thanks for taking the time to share your review.wow its nearly a year ago now, the xb1 was on the tip of everyones tounge,my real life m8s (that work in gaming)and myself were all saying from day one,the xb1 heavily relys on a quality internet connection,so
    much of it runs on the cloud and there is loads no matter how much you know about computing tech,that we dont know is runn7ng on the cloud.

-

Therefore many of these cons or problems I read about I am positive its got to do with peoples isp,I live 20 meters from an internet exchange,and the couplinks were replaced and external wireds and cables were checked by a bb engineer,it cost a blimmin nuff,not
    long befor I got my xb1, as many of my friends did.

-

And you can have as much upload chucked at you,but it wont make a damn bit of difference, if the external isnt correct,isps h8 replacing couplinks, after all this im on vdsl atm tillm11th of jan,but even with actual speed 16mbpd dwn and 1.2 mbps up,I do
    not suffer 90% of any of these cons and problems I read about.

-

The dr3 demo took 5 minutes to dwnload,which just doesnt add up with my actual speed,what does add up is my external wiring is bang on,and distance to where the internet comes from,its ben the same for years.-

-

In general all this really grinds my gears because so many people are being royally ripped off by isps,that wave high speeds at ya and unlimited,but the reliabilty is crap and they wont fork a penny out to the phone companys so the custormers expectations
    are ruined and on the whole they have problems that shouldnt even be happening on a new console.

-

xPsycoticBreakx, Dec 31, 2013
  8. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest

Xbox One 5 Day review

I'd just like to say FIFA has sent me back to the dashboard but normally it's just as I, loading the game, battlefield 4 sends me back a lot during a game, never had a problem with dead rising I think it's happened with Forza aswell. My disc downloads have
    never took more then a hour and that includes dead rising 3 with the 5gb update iv learned that if u let a game install fully before u play it then it downloads/installs faster

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 1, 2014
  9. Awesome point m8,iv never come acroos a pc game that allows you to play befor fully installed,maybe there are some now?it says outright leave alone till complete,exactly how iv treated the xb1,im so hoping this driver update is for ram,it would make such
    a different if a full 8,was dedicated to the gaming.

xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 1, 2014
  10. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    We'll there has been updates for Forza and I ain't even seen the a a my Xbox did them while I was off it

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 1, 2014
  11. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    While I agree with some stuff here, I would have to say that I find the controller battery life fairly reasonable. My first set that came with the xbox one lasted me well I've a week of solid play. I'm actually finding it a lot better than the 360 controller
    was with AA Batteries and now that I have the charge kit I only have to plug it in roughly once a week. Also without trying to start a war, from what I've heard it's a lot better than the playstation time of 6 hours. And as for the download thing it took me
    about one and half hours to download FIFA 14 and I don't have the greatest connection. So I find that reasonable.

DuFFuL, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Deathnad Win User

Xbox One 5 Day review

I've also never had any issue with party chat game invites (only used on Forza and COD). One thing I've noticed is that sometimes the games can go into a "quick start" mode or not close/shutdown when the system is turned off. I've experienced reduced functionality
    of the games when this happens. Try to go to menu then close/quit the game then relaunch and see if you still have problems.
  13. x24hrs2livex Win User

Xbox One 5 Day review

As far as the 9 gig demo you downloaded what is your download speed? I downloaded Fifa 14 in about 2 hours. As far as invites go the system is broken. I can party chat with anyone, except the one friend I have who actively plays Ghosts. Ive never had a failed
    invite but if I find a solution I will let you know
  14. xPsycoticBreakx Win User

Xbox One 5 Day review

Awesome point m8,iv never come acroos a pc game that allows you to play befor fully installed,maybe there are some now?it says outright leave alone till complete,exactly how iv treated the xb1,im so hoping this driver update is for ram,it would make such
    a different if a full 8,was dedicated to the gaming.
  15. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Xbox One 5 Day review

We'll there has been updates for Forza and I ain't even seen the a a my Xbox did them while I was off it
  16. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Xbox One 5 Day review

I'd just like to say FIFA has sent me back to the dashboard but normally it's just as I, loading the game, battlefield 4 sends me back a lot during a game, never had a problem with dead rising I think it's happened with Forza aswell. My disc downloads have
    never took more then a hour and that includes dead rising 3 with the 5gb update iv learned that if u let a game install fully before u play it then it downloads/installs faster
Thema:

Xbox One 5 Day review

1. Xbox One 5 Day review - Similar Threads - review

2. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  3. My cousin got me suspened and I want to get unsuspected and I already put a case review in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My cousin got me suspened and I want to get unsuspected and I already put a case review in...: I just want to get un suspened 864e3ad9-3f79-4de8-99fa-4d9c66a980e1
  4. My Xbox Year in Review does not show all the games i have played this year

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Year in Review does not show all the games i have played this year: Hi. My Xbox Year in Review does not show all the games i have played this year. There are only two games, although this year I've played several releases, like Hi-Fi RUSH (see the last...
  5. How to get a human to review a ban?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to get a human to review a ban?: How do I report someone if they message me kys but seperate into 3,one letter messages because Xbox sends me a message saying the report cannot be acted on (probably ai that can’t see the seperate...
  6. How to file a case review

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to file a case review: Hey I was suspended today because of my gamerpic leaving me at 8/8 strikes I feel like the series of suspensions I received were injust bias and overall unfair someone please help me how do I...
  7. Xbox Year In Review - it’s broken?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Year In Review - it’s broken?: Hello, I’m posting in here because there’s been no support or anything like that for the Year In Review nor do I think it’ll be fixed but as someone who poured 90 hours into Hogwarts Legacy...
  8. why can i only submit one case review?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can i only submit one case review?: ive been permanently banned and wasn't given any reason as to why, i was having a private discussion with my friend and then i got kicked out of my account and was told ive been permanently...
  9. My Xbox year in review includes my dad's played time, how do I fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox year in review includes my dad's played time, how do I fix this?: This is a strange situation but watching my Xbox Year in review I realize that many games on my review are games my dad played (with his account). The strangest part is those times don't show up...
  10. Can't review a game I have on disk.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't review a game I have on disk.: Xbox series x Robocop disk I can't review game . Bug? 92b7c0ae-9244-4229-8db6-59c0821fb90a