Xbox One 5.1 Surround Sound Issue - Denon AVR X1000

Discus and support Xbox One 5.1 Surround Sound Issue - Denon AVR X1000 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a Denon AVR X1000. When I plug my Xbox One into it I only receive sound out of the left and right speakers. I have the sound... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pb7_701, Sep 7, 2014.

1. pb7_701
    pb7_701 Guest

Hi,

I recently purchased a Denon AVR X1000. When I plug my Xbox One into it I only receive sound out of the left and right speakers. I have the sound system set up for 5.1 and can confirm that it works with other sources than the Xbox.

I have tried changing the Xbox settings to 5.1 and 7.1 with surround sound selected, have tried a different hdmi cord just in case - but still can't get it working.

Please help.

:)

pb7_701, Sep 7, 2014
  2. steve76s
    steve76s Guest
    Xbox 360 does not play in surround sound mode.

I have a Denon AVR-2313CI, Xbox is hooked up with HDMI cable. The sound setting is set to Dolby Digital 5.1 and still no surround sound. What gives? PS3 works perfectly fine, but not the Xbox, any fixes???

steve76s, Sep 7, 2014
  3. skyzoo5
    skyzoo5 Guest
    7.1 surround sound

You may have to access your AVR's menu to make sure your surround (back) speakers are on. Even though I have mine set-up to automatically detect the surround sound of the media I'm playing I have to go in my menu settings to ensure my surround back speakers
    are on. Example would be, I play a movie that is 5.1 and my AVR will see that it's Dolby Digital. Well the back surround speakers aren't used in 5.1 so I go into my AVR menu and set my back surrounds as default when ever a 5.1signal is detected. I have
    a Denon AVR 4806CI

skyzoo5, Sep 7, 2014
  4. skyzoo5 Win User

7.1 surround sound

You may have to access your AVR's menu to make sure your surround (back) speakers are on. Even though I have mine set-up to automatically detect the surround sound of the media I'm playing I have to go in my menu settings to ensure my surround back speakers
    are on. Example would be, I play a movie that is 5.1 and my AVR will see that it's Dolby Digital. Well the back surround speakers aren't used in 5.1 so I go into my AVR menu and set my back surrounds as default when ever a 5.1signal is detected. I have
    a Denon AVR 4806CI
  5. KSPslice Win User

Sound output

You should select MULTI CH IN as your surround sound mode on the Denon. This will provide surround sound, if you choose either 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed audio on the Xbox One. This is the option that is available because is it an uncompressed PCM multi-channel
    source that is coming into the AVR. Just make sure you don't have STEREO selected as your mode on the Denon. This should provide higher quality sound than DTS as it is uncompressed.

This is if you use HDMI for your audio. If you use an optical cable then your only options are stereo uncompressed and DTS Digital Sound. Then your only option is to use DTS for surround sound. It sounds like you are using HDMI as your receiver is giving
    you the option of multi-channel sound.
  6. Sal O Win User

Xbox One sends choppy audio signal to receiver

I have a Denton AVR 4306 and the best audio has been with DTS Surround and Surround Sound Beta enabled, no audio issues at all. I seem to remember 5.1 uncompressed not sounding very good,
  7. BiggShooter Win User

Xbox One unable to detect that my receiver supports DD5.1, DD7.1 or DTS

I have a Denon AVR-3311CI and it accepts HDMI audio. I've always used / run the HDMI cable from my Xbox 360 to my Denon 3311CI (GAME - IN), and then another HDMI cable from my Denon 3311CI (MONITOR - OUT) to my Panasonic Plasma (HDMI 1). The Denon AVR-3311CI
    would display DOLBY DIGITAL!!

With the Xbox One, I am running the HDMI cable from the Xbox One to my Denon AVR-3311CI (GAME - IN), and then the HDMI cable from my Denon AVR-3311CI (Monitor - OUT) to my Panasonic Plasma (HDMI 1). The Denon AVR-3311CI displays MULTI-CHANNEL with 5.1
    UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO selected. NO DOLBY DIGITAL like the Xbox 360.

I just ordered a Denon AVR-X4000 AV Receiver to replace my Denon AVR-3311CI AV Receiver. I plan on using the Denon AVR-3311CI in another room with my second Xbox One console.

Hopefully Microsoft will get their ACT together and start fixing some of these issues. I think the console should've waited another year before it was released, as I'm guessing it will take about a year before things "seem" right.

Just my two cents.
  8. vXAudioOutlawXv Win User

What is your setup?

Sanyo 32" LCD 1080i HDTV

Denon AVR-1602 Surround Sound Unit

x2 Kenwood 160 Watt 5 Speaker Towers

x2 SONY 80 Watt Double Speaker Boxes

Xbox 360 - PlayStation 3
Thema:

1. Xbox One 5.1 Surround Sound Issue - Denon AVR X1000 - Similar Threads - Surround Sound Issue

2. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  3. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  4. How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S: I’m trying to get my Series S to work on my 5.1 surround sound system and not having any luck. This set of instructions...
  5. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  6. How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?: Toshiba TV Series X Yamaha receiver I have the Receiver(HDMI out) connected to the TV(HDMI in) and the Receiver(HDMI #1) connected to the Xbox(HDMI out). It was working perfectly fine, I was...
  7. Lost audio all of a sudden on DTX Surround Sound.

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost audio all of a sudden on DTX Surround Sound.: So I was using my Xbox series s with my Vizio 4k tv that supports DTX Surround Sound and all of a sudden it stopped working. The only way it works is if I'm in the settings for the audio. After I...
  8. Do all apps, stream and surround sound?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do all apps, stream and surround sound?: Some apps aren’t streaming in surround sound. 366850d2-02f4-472a-878b-50183e8cd4dc
  9. No digital surround sound output from Xbox series X ever since connecting Xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    No digital surround sound output from Xbox series X ever since connecting Xbox wireless...: Recently bought the Xbox wireless headset for my series x. At first everything was fine…5.1 surround system working fine when headset is off, and then sound via headset once I turn that on. After...
  10. How to Game/Party Chat on Xbox Series X while using Surround Sound System?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Game/Party Chat on Xbox Series X while using Surround Sound System?: I am looking for suggestions on what headset or setup to use with Xbox Series X to chat, in-game and Party, without blocking game audio from 7.1 Surround Sound Receiver Speakers. I was thinking...