Xbox on Windows PC keeps checking for updates and cannot download or delete other games

Discus and support Xbox on Windows PC keeps checking for updates and cannot download or delete other games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On the Manage installs page, any interaction like pause a current task, delete a game and download a new game will show preparing at 0 progress. New... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Houze Liu, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Houze Liu
    Houze Liu Guest

Xbox on Windows PC keeps checking for updates and cannot download or delete other games

On the Manage installs page, any interaction like pause a current task, delete a game and download a new game will show preparing at 0 progress. New download can be added to install Queue but no progress can be made. There is a Checking for updates ... notification at the head of the page.

The following methods have been tested but not work for me:

Delete registry keys and reinstall game service:

Main command is get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices|remove-AppxPackage -allusers

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ws-10-pc/e95a5537-ac40-4d5a-8128-d782ed260abd

Change different regions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-updates/50fca359-21e0-48eb-8dd9-c1818d5babf8

sfc /SCANNOW does not find any violations when the game services is deleted and installed.

:)

Houze Liu, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Houze Liu Win User

Screenshot from windows 11. Under the default XboxGame folder, two new folder named with hex hash has been created with xvx file. Can not change downloading folder now.

[​IMG]
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

Have you already performed a clean boot? Kindly open the Microsoft Store, then click on the profile picture in the top right corner. A pop-up box will appear allowing you to sign out then once signed out, kindly sign in again using the account that have your games then open File Explorer using the Windows key + E shortcut.

In the address bar paste the following line:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

If there are Accounts and Cache folders available make sure that you delete them. After removing the cache, try to start the Xbox app again.
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

5. Houze Liu Win User

My windows is up to date. At this situations, the reinstall of gaming services does not fix the problem.
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi Houze, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Let’s try some steps to isolate your issue. Kindly check if you have any pending updates using this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... or select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage

Restart your PC then try again.
Thema:

1. Xbox on Windows PC keeps checking for updates and cannot download or delete other games - Similar Threads - Windows keeps checking

2. On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...: I am using Windows 11 and an Xbox One controller. For a few weeks now, I have had the problem, that the controller would stop being recognized by the system. The symptoms of that are Controller...
  3. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  4. One of my windows store games keeps dissapearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One of my windows store games keeps dissapearing: One of my games (Ark survival evolved) wich I downloaded from the windows store keeps dissapearing, and by dissapearing I mean it doesn't apear in my library, and when i search for it in the...
  5. Windows 11 Xbox App keeps signing me into wrong account no matter what I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Xbox App keeps signing me into wrong account no matter what I do: Every time I launch the xbox app it signs me into the wrong account. When I press sign out it automatically signs in again to the wrong account. There is nothing I can do. I have reset the store...
  6. Microsoft edge keeps refreshing every time i change the window

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft edge keeps refreshing every time i change the window: Guys idk why every time i change the window on microsoft edge it keeps refreshing and restarting mainly instagram and discord, is there any tips to solve this or its natural?! Thank you submitted...
  7. Why does me Xbox controller keep blinking when plugged into my windows 10 computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does me Xbox controller keep blinking when plugged into my windows 10 computer: Hello, Whenever I try to USB connect my controller to my computer it always flashes, it also vibrates but when I go to see if its connected its not, I have tried many solutions to try and fix my...
  8. Gears of War Ultimate Edition on Windows 10 - Taskbar Keeps Appearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War Ultimate Edition on Windows 10 - Taskbar Keeps Appearing: The game is in full screen but the taskbar keeps appearing when I move the mouse to the lower part of the screen and clicking to shoot sometimes clicks on apps. I can't defeat the Locust by...
  9. My cursor keeps going off-screen whenever i play minecraft windows 10 edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My cursor keeps going off-screen whenever i play minecraft windows 10 edition: I bought a brand new laptop about 2 months ago and I installed Minecraft windows 10 I tried playing and my cursor kept going off screen and if I clicked while it was off screen it would pause my...
  10. Microsoft keeps asking me to enter a Windows Hello PIN I have never set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft keeps asking me to enter a Windows Hello PIN I have never set up.: So I downloaded the Minecraft launcher from the Microsoft Store and when I wanted to log in with Microsoft there it would ask me for a windows hello pin that I never set up. The account i wanted...