Xbox occasionally won't play games offline.

Discus and support Xbox occasionally won't play games offline. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every once in a while I will turn on my xbox, but not my router, and I will be told that I need to connect to xbox live to start a game. This has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MikeSchinlaub1, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Xbox occasionally won't play games offline.

Every once in a while I will turn on my xbox, but not my router, and I will be told that I need to connect to xbox live to start a game. This has happened with different games from different producers and none require a connection to play (like destiny).
    Every time I have been signed in (I have it set to instant on with no barriers) and they are all games that I have played offline before. I turn off the surge protectors when I'm not using them to save power, but I've been doing so for a while with no problems
    (if no power was the problem, then the first power outage would've killed the xbox so I know that isn't it). This has happened with Witcher 3 a few weeks ago and Fallout 4 today that I remember. I have tried turning it off and on and this didn't work. I have
    to turn on my router and connect to xbox live, after which I can switch back to offline with no problems. Sorry for the length but I try to be thorough.

:)

MikeSchinlaub1, Aug 14, 2016
  2. Games closing over and over again

Then just "go offline" and play them ,

Go offline

The Go offline option is for the offline gamer.. If you are connected to the wired network, only have to disconnect the LAN cable from the back of the console to go offline. However, if you use a wireless connection, the only way to disconnect is to go to
    the Network screen and select Go offline.

Note If you go offline, you'll occasionally have to connect to Xbox Live to get the latest system update so that you can play a newly released game

RobertBuckalew, Aug 14, 2016
  3. NautiDog421
    NautiDog421 Guest
    Xbox one won't play offline

I purchased a new Xbox One on Sept 18/17 while on land, and while connected to high speed internet, I installed, updated, and ran about 18 games (Xbox 360 backward compatible games). On Sept 28 I moved onto a ship with limited or no internet. My games
    played fine offline until today (Oct 7), and now the two games that I've been playing offline will not play. It keeps telling me to check my internet connection and to sigh in to xbox live, even though I am set to offline. I am signed into the xbox with
    my user profile, but not signed in to xbox live. The two games are Call Of Duty Ghosts and Rage. I've not tried the others yet because the discs are not handy.

When playing the games previously, if I did not go to offline mode, I would get the messages to check my connection (I was connected, but at dialup speeds, approx 5-20 kbps), so I found that going to offline mode always corrected the problem. Until today.
    No internet, no play.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

NautiDog421, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Xbox occasionally won't play games offline.

Hey there MikeSchinlaub1,

Sorry to hear about the issue with playing games offline. Please take a look at this guide and see if it helps out with this problem.

Using Xbox One Offline
    If it doesn't help out, can you please give us an idea of which games you're unable to use offline? Are these Disc versions or Digitally downloaded versions.

Thanks so much!

Mister Mascot, Aug 15, 2016
  5. Sorry for the long response time, I actually forgot about this. It is set as my home console with instant sign in/ no barriers. The only two games I can remember are Fallout 4 and Witcher 3. Both are disc versions. I have all available dlc for fallout and
    had several of the free ones for witcher (I have since uninstalled it) The console will not sign me in at all unless I connect to xbox live, but as I said it is a pretty rare issue. It's mostly just annoying for me, especially when I'm having internet problems
    at the same time. I have played fallout several times since with my router completely off with no problems. Again, sorry this took so long.

MikeSchinlaub1, Oct 31, 2018
  6. TheRohan Win User

If I buy a Xbox 360 in 2019 can I use it 100% offline?

Hey,

Yep this can definitely be done with a lot of games. Some required Xbox live to play and won't be playable but besides them you're all good. I still have my old xbox 360 setup offline and occasional play it, it's great fun.
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there MikeSchinlaub1,

Sorry to hear about the issue with playing games offline. Please take a look at this guide and see if it helps out with this problem.

Using Xbox One Offline
    If it doesn't help out, can you please give us an idea of which games you're unable to use offline? Are these Disc versions or Digitally downloaded versions.

Thanks so much!
  8. MikeSchinlaub1 Win User

Sorry for the long response time, I actually forgot about this. It is set as my home console with instant sign in/ no barriers. The only two games I can remember are Fallout 4 and Witcher 3. Both are disc versions. I have all available dlc for fallout and
    had several of the free ones for witcher (I have since uninstalled it) The console will not sign me in at all unless I connect to xbox live, but as I said it is a pretty rare issue. It's mostly just annoying for me, especially when I'm having internet problems
    at the same time. I have played fallout several times since with my router completely off with no problems. Again, sorry this took so long.
  9. RobertBuckalew Win User

Games closing over and over again

Then just "go offline" and play them ,

Go offline

The Go offline option is for the offline gamer.. If you are connected to the wired network, only have to disconnect the LAN cable from the back of the console to go offline. However, if you use a wireless connection, the only way to disconnect is to go to
    the Network screen and select Go offline.

Note If you go offline, you'll occasionally have to connect to Xbox Live to get the latest system update so that you can play a newly released game
  10. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Can I play Grand Theft Auto V offline on Xbox One S?

The Story Mode should be able to play while offline. You may need to reconnect occasionally for updates though.
Thema:

1. Xbox occasionally won't play games offline. - Similar Threads - occasionally won't play

2. Xbox series s won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't turn on: I replaced the power cord and power supply also the fan and still won't turn on 7234e759-6528-46c0-b8db-966648941b0b
  3. Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger: Simple issue If u press the right trigger and left trigger at the same time the left trigger doesn't register maybe 1 in every 10 times sure it's rare but it's annoying it's existed literally...
  4. XBox messaging still pops up occasionally after deleting feature on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox messaging still pops up occasionally after deleting feature on Windows 11: XBox messaging still pops up occasionally after deleting feature on Windows 11 I have done everything I've read on here to keep messages from popping up. Now there is no message, just a coupled...
  5. Occasionally Jigsaw crashes when inserting the LAST piece of a puzzle in Classic mode,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Occasionally Jigsaw crashes when inserting the LAST piece of a puzzle in Classic mode,...: Hello, on several occasions I have experienced a crash in Classic mode when inserting the last piece of a puzzle. When restarting Jigsaw the entire progress of the puzzle is gone, back to 0%,...
  6. Monitor occasionally loses signal after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Monitor occasionally loses signal after latest update: I encountered a weird bug. After the latest update when I start some games my monitor loses it's signal and the screen goes black. Monitor is set to 1440p@60hz in the Xbox settings.I tried every...
  7. Xbox X occasionally won’t acknowledge button presses.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox X occasionally won’t acknowledge button presses.: This is a difficult problem to explain so please bare with me. Occasionally when I’ve been on a game for several hours, When I go to close the game or shut down the console, The Xbox will...
  8. Microsoft store movie rentals occasionally have no audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store movie rentals occasionally have no audio: I've made purchases for movie rentals through the Microsoft store app on Xbox One that will sometimes have no audio when I attempt to play them. The movie trailer audio works fine, but the main...
  9. Occasion 360 Parental C.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Occasion 360 Parental C.: Hello, I purchased a used Xbox 360 (French Xbox i'm french) but the parental control is activated and nobody has the password, can you help me? 5de45b8e-ab48-47c0-9022-b8143d300dc5
  10. Console receives power...but does not start...Xbox led light working on occasion

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console receives power...but does not start...Xbox led light working on occasion: The Xbox one lights up, shuts off and reboots a few times until it looses power completely. I can tell that the Xbox looses power because I have an external hard drive plugged into the console...