xbox not registering on tv.

Discus and support xbox not registering on tv. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox one froze a couple different times and when i went to restart it the last time it stopped sending an audio/visual signal to my Television, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HankTheTank450, Dec 19, 2015.

1. xbox not registering on tv.

my xbox one froze a couple different times and when i went to restart it the last time it stopped sending an audio/visual signal to my Television, the light still come on , on the xbox one as if it is actually on. i sent it in for repairs about 1 month ago
    with the same issue, it worked fine for about 2 weeks and it just happened again. i've tried everything from switching hdmi cables to leaving the xbox unplugged over night. is there anything I can try to fix this?

:)

HankTheTank450, Dec 19, 2015
  2. abitmental
    abitmental Guest
    Powers up, no image or audio, controllers wont connect.

Hello Dezen Jr,

I've had a similar problem in the past and it was all down to the TV i was using.

The TV was not registering the XBOX when it was switched on so didn't switch over to the relevant HDMI port. I had to manually switch to the HDMI port by using the AV button on my TV's remote.

So probably a TV or HDMI cable problem imo.

abitmental, Dec 19, 2015
  3. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest
    plugging my xbox upto my TiVo box

@BAZ

Just outside manchester, used to have 60Mb and its registering @ about 112Mb (Mega bits, not bytes xbox not registering on tv. :) )

Suits me fine, as my Mrs can watch movies on demand on another TV while I play Titanfall

f00xm4n, Dec 19, 2015
  4. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Sky tv question ??????

Yep sorry OP but you are correct, you can only have one 360 console registered at a time now.

It was different in the past as it was just '2 devices', but I guess someone in their infinite wisdom decided to change it. You can still have

2 registered devices
    using Sky go, but you are restricted to just the one console at a time now.
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

Microsoft screwed me, this is the only help i got. contact me if this happened to you. time to do something

Few things.

Xbox one x doesnt have an external power supply. How did you determine that it failed.

How did you then establish that this damaged your pc and tv?

If your xbox is in need of repair, go to This link to register it.

As for the other stuff, tv and pc, not within scope of xbox forum really....
  6. Stratty101 Win User

XBOX won't connect to tv

I've tried resetting my xbox settings this evening but it's still not made any difference, tv's not registering the input. will try putting my harddrive in the other xbox
  7. abitmental Win User

Powers up, no image or audio, controllers wont connect.

Hello Dezen Jr,

I've had a similar problem in the past and it was all down to the TV i was using.

The TV was not registering the XBOX when it was switched on so didn't switch over to the relevant HDMI port. I had to manually switch to the HDMI port by using the AV button on my TV's remote.

So probably a TV or HDMI cable problem imo.
  8. BinaryXtreme Win User

Xbox voice commands for live tv not registering

Sorry to read you're having problems with your XBOX One. Have you tried unplugging your Kinect from the XBOX and restarting it? After that I'd recalibrate the Kinect making sure your volume on your television is set to a much higher volume than you normally
    have it adjusted to while viewing it. Please let us know if that helps and good luck.
Thema:

xbox not registering on tv.

1. xbox not registering on tv. - Similar Threads - registering

2. My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...: I looked into the xbox storage expansion slot and see that the groves are messed up 99f4ff2b-71f5-4976-ad6c-1290f1a79304
  3. Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...: My xbox is not detecting my external hard drive anymore. It was fine when I turned on the xbox this morning and started streaming. I could see all of my installed games and everything was fine....
  4. Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons: I connected my xbox controller to my pc and when i tried to play games with it the buttons didnt work right. For example I was playing a game on my computer and when i pressed the A button it...
  5. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  6. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  7. My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why: I bought an Xbox one a while back but i never use it because i have a ps5. But recently i’ve wanted to play my old 360 discs and they won’t register. is this a common issue? submitted by...
  8. random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...: I press the A button once and frequently any game on any system with any controller a double press is registered. All firmware and software updates are current. Systems power cycled. Batteries...
  9. My left stick doesn’t register

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left stick doesn’t register: When i push down my left stick doesn’t register. It also doesn’t click when I push down 262e882b-3a3b-4362-b049-5ce9cb4a578a
  10. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...