Xbox not recognising a keyboard and mouse as a second controller in fortnite

Discus and support Xbox not recognising a keyboard and mouse as a second controller in fortnite in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i watched multiple videos but they are sadly outdated and have something to do with xbox insider?i just want to play fortnite splitscreen with a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobertoGoose, Nov 8, 2021.

1. RobertoGoose
    RobertoGoose Guest

i watched multiple videos but they are sadly outdated and have something to do with xbox insider?i just want to play fortnite splitscreen with a keyboard and mouse and controller

:)

RobertoGoose, Nov 8, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I downloaded the game here on my console and after trying it a few times I managed to make it work as follows.

Start the game with the keyboard and mouse connected to the console and the controller turned off, I connected the account I wanted as a player and this account was connected to the keyboard and mouse.

Then I turned on the controller and the option to press Y and connect the second account appeared. After that start a game to check if it was working and it worked
  3. SammyVS Win User

With only one player can you use the keyboard and mouse?
  4. RobertoGoose Win User

i had them both plugged in at the same time and alternated it just made wichever i used(clicked a on the controller or moved the mouse)made it player one
  5. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

When you added the second player you made it using the controller and then tried using the keyboard and mouse?
  6. aly fader Win User

I want to play Fortnite split screen but I do have not two controllers. I have a controller and mouse &keyboard Can I play split screen with a mouse & keyboard and controller

Unfortunately, split screen mode in Fortnite requires two controllers to be connected to the console. It is not possible to play split screen with a combination of a controller and a mouse & keyboard. You will need to have two controllers to play split screen mode in Fortnite.

You will.have.to.purchase a.second controller keyboard.

You will be.hardpressed to find a game that supports keyboard and mouse on 2 players
    can i play it with two mouse and keyboards
Thema:

1. Xbox not recognising a keyboard and mouse as a second controller in fortnite - Similar Threads - recognising keyboard mouse

2. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  3. My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.: So, a little but ago i got scammed by putting in my account details and a code I was sent into a "giveaway" the scammer then transferred my Minecraft account to a separate email and now nothing...
  4. Xbox series x not recognising xbox one/series discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x not recognising xbox one/series discs: Hey y'all so i am tryna play metal gear solid V the phantom pain and my xbox isn't recognising the disc like the install the disc thing won't pop up. It cant also recognise other xbox one/series...
  5. Mp3 player not recognised by Xbox but WD HDD is

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mp3 player not recognised by Xbox but WD HDD is: Xbox series s not recognised mp3 but recognised WD HDD RECON IT NEEDS UPDATING or does not recognised Sony mp3player 6d8253a6-d4f1-4fb0-99b1-f80e1949d6de
  6. I don't recognise a charge I'm getting charged 12.99 for something and I don't know what...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't recognise a charge I'm getting charged 12.99 for something and I don't know what...: I don't recognise a billing and you keep taken £12.99 a months from me and I don't know what it's for 137e0cdc-d915-42a9-908a-0d973dd54a7d
  7. TV not recognising xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV not recognising xbox: My husband has an old Panasonic plasma tv that we were giving to my son (purely for the bigger screen). We have plugged the HDMI cord into the HDMI port in the TV but the TV is not recognising the...
  8. XBOX controller is not recognised by XBOX cloud gaming.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX controller is not recognised by XBOX cloud gaming.: I have an XBOX wireless controller connected via bluetooth to my laptop (status connected). It has been working for other games with no issues. However when I am trying to start Fortnite in Xbox...
  9. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...: The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing...
  10. Why does my Xbox not recognise any disc games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox not recognise any disc games?: Currently, all my disc owned games have exclamation marks next to them suggesting they’re unplayable. So when I insert the disc it doesn’t register them to start up, so if I click on the game in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. split screen fortnite series s keyboard and controller