Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all

Discus and support Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all I was just playing rainbow six siege for about an hour in the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by SeekNDstroy5650, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all

Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all
    I was just playing rainbow six siege for about an hour in the morning and then got off for about 3hours came back powered the Xbox one on and started to play again after about 20-30 minutes it made a loud pop sound that scared the crap out of me and then
    everything shut down if know anything about what might of happened please put it in the comments down below thx Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all :)

:)

SeekNDstroy5650, Jan 20, 2018
  2. WaxierBoot19
    WaxierBoot19 Guest
    Power issue

The power brick made a loud popping noise and then shut off. The power brick is yellow when it is plugged into the wall but if I plug it into the xbox there is no light on the power brick at all

WaxierBoot19, Jan 20, 2018
  3. Loud pop, will not come back on.

Last night my xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down will not turn back on, when I plug power supply to the wall the light is orange when I plug it into console the light turns off. Help?!

BizzareCashew00, Jan 20, 2018
  4. TechSGT1 Win User

xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down

I don't mind the way the instructions are worded, EXCEPT the one that says:

"Connect the power supply directly into a wall outlet. Do not use any surge protectors or extension cords, because they can affect the performance of your power supply."

This would be a LOT easier to do, and I would DO It if the darn power supply cord was long enough so that 2 things were possible:

1. You should be able to leave the power brick on a STABE surface, and not have to worry the thing falls off the surface: The Cord is TOO SHORT to allow me to plug the cord directly into the wall, and the brick can hit the floor unexpectedly (as has happened
    to me TWICE.

2. The Power cord is not as LONG as the 360's cord: I understand the fact that the new brick has some special surge protection, but in addition to the fact that the cord is too short, the cord connected to the brick can come loose, and fall out of the
    brick - I HAVE to use surge supressors in here, because I live in an older building with a generator, and would much rather have it plugged to a suppressor, and have the spike knock out the surge protector, rather then an XBOX One Power Supply.

How does one TELL/ASK XBOX to make a better power Brick/Longer Cord: at least 6 foot would be good, that way the thing stays on the FLOOR???

Brian
  5. Kenny H. Win User

6. Kenny H. Win User

Hey there. I would first try those steps again, but leave it unplugged a little longer. I would wait at least 5 minutes.

If you have a friend that also has an Xbox One, see if you can borrow their power supply, so that you know that it is a working power supply. If not, try to take it back to Gamestop and exchange it, in case the one you got is bad.

If it still doesn't work after that, and you went through all of the troubleshooting listed on that page, it sounds like you will need to get your console repaired. If you need to do that, you can start an order at
    http://myservice.xbox.com.
  7. WTom1 Win User

> I HAVE to use surge supressors in here, because I live in an older building with a generator, and would much rather have it plugged to a suppressor, and have the spike knock out the surge protector, rather then an XBOX One Power Supply.

Adjacent protector can make Xbox easier. It is not designed for constant spikes (ie from a generator). Its near zero design is for a single spike. Repeated spikes can, in rare cases, cause it to become the source of a fire. Meanwhile, protection routinely
    designed in all electronics makes spikes from a generator irrelevant.

Best power strip is one without protector parts AND with the always required circuit breaker.

Receptacles must be located so that one is always within 6 feet of anything along the wall. If not, a new wall receptacle is required (per code).
  8. NikkiGorgeous Win User

Failure Resident Evil Zero

I just purchased this game two days ago and my xbox just instantly crashed at the same spot. Loud ringing noise and totally shut down my console
Thema:

1. Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all - Similar Threads - powering made loud

2. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  3. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  4. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  5. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  6. Not powering on properly!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not powering on properly!: Have an xbox one s. Bought it brand new from retailer. After purchase has stayed in the same place and not moved, there's no visible damages or wear etc So powers on and the xbox light on the...
  7. My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?: I turned on my xbox and just reliazed that the power button is not on even though I didint touch the settings. I cleared the area as I just moved it from one from to another. [img]...
  8. Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port: Hi all, So I have a series x/s controller that I've had for a while now that I mainly use on my pc by connecting it with a USB C cable but a few days ago it didn't turn on, I've tried connecting...
  9. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  10. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...