Xbox not letting me change where I want to download

Discus and support Xbox not letting me change where I want to download in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a hard time downloading games, it tends to be only game pass games that do this it seems that the file Xbox games is not being created... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ashton_184, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Ashton_184
    Ashton_184 Guest

Hi, I am having a hard time downloading games, it tends to be only game pass games that do this it seems that the file Xbox games is not being created on my D: drive but it is only on my C: drive

And yes, I went through general to change the default drive, but that drive doesn't have the Xbox Games file so that's the problem.

:)

Ashton_184, Sep 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's really odd...

Ashton let's try this instead:

A. Try installing an app or game directly from the Microsoft Store, after that do this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and give it a new try

B. Perform a clean boot for your pc and try again (in case a third party service is interfering with this)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

D. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Ashton

First, jus to confirm
    Is the desired drive formatted as NTFS?
    Double check this opening file explorer > my computer > right click on the drive > properties > next to file system

If everything looks good, try this:
    Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again
  4. Ashton_184 Win User

[​IMG]
    Well, it did all that you said but I still can't download games to my other drive, it keeps putting the XboxGames file to window C drive not windows D: drive
  5. FastTEF Win User

Xbox app failing to download apps

Alright hey and also how do I change where the Xbox app downloads games because it is currently glitched and won't let me change it. It's set to C:\PerfLogs and it won't let me change it. I don't know why it's set to that.
  6. Skibility Win User

How do i change my age on xbox live?

Could tech support or someone at Xbox change it? I want to download the division beta but it won't let me even though my parents authorized it on my xbox
Thema:

1. Xbox not letting me change where I want to download - Similar Threads - letting change where

2. Why wont my xbox let me change networks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox let me change networks?: My xbox series X doesn't want to connect to the internet. I've tried restarting both console and router, even tried to switch to wifi instead of a wired connection but when i try to set up a...
  3. Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!: I am trying to change the microsoft main alias on a different account so I can change it to this email because I dont use the other one and its just a hastle to remember the password and sign in....
  4. Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and...: Simply put, when i try to update my Minecraft skin, it just returns an "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." error. And as for the site, whenever i try updating it, it doesn't return...
  5. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  6. The Xbox app won’t let me change my account it only signs me on immediately

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Xbox app won’t let me change my account it only signs me on immediately: Every time I sign into the app on my windows PC it signs me into an account I don’t have an Xbox for. I wanted to switch my account but there’s no option. I’ve rest the entire app and deleted it...
  7. Sea of Thieves not letting me change Microsoft accounts (steam)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sea of Thieves not letting me change Microsoft accounts (steam): I used to use an old Microsoft account that my dad owned for games however I do not have access to that account anymore so I made this account. I wanted to play sea of thieves again but it keeps...
  8. What to do if it won't let you change your pfp

in XBoX Accessibility
    What to do if it won't let you change your pfp: So I do my pfp thing on xbox app and it just doesn't upload e9160ff1-9540-41be-893a-3cb0bdc2a0ab
  9. My xbox account thinks i am 8 years old and wont let me change the date of birth. Chat is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox account thinks i am 8 years old and wont let me change the date of birth. Chat is...: My account thinks i am 8 years old and wont let me change my dob. Please help...... 77d436cc-d644-4b52-b404-24d5e04ec9d1
  10. Why won't it let me change my skin on Minecraft Java?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me change my skin on Minecraft Java?: Every time I click "use" on a skin I uploaded to Minecraft, it gives me a little message in the corner that says "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." I've tried uninstalling the launcher...