Xbox not detecting set-top box. But tv is. Also I tried a few HDMI cables.

Discus and support Xbox not detecting set-top box. But tv is. Also I tried a few HDMI cables. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/swaste2000 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/swaste2000, May 9, 2021.

1. Xbox not detecting set-top box. But tv is. Also I tried a few HDMI cables.

/u/swaste2000, May 9, 2021
  2. kenli729 Win User

Connecting Time Warner Cable digital dvr, slingbox and xbox one

i managed to make this set up work. I used component cables to connect the set top box to the sling box. i also used HDMI to connect set top to sling box, and another hdmi cable to connect to the xbox.

I connected the xbox directly to the TV with an hdmi cable and a toslink cable from the xbox to the home receiver. It works fine, but i'm seeing a degradation in video and crushed blacks in live tv.
  3. Adi Unnithan Win User

No Audio

I had this exact same problem and struggled with it for a while with my Comcast RNG110 set top box - no audio when going through TV, but all other audio from the XBox One worked. Tried changing a bunch of settings in my set top box and nothing worked. I
    figured it was an HDMI cable issue but I didn't have another HDMI cable so I simply switched the cables (the HDMI cable that ran between the set-top box and the XBox now runs between the XBox and the TV and the one from the XBox to the TV now runs between
    the XBox and the set-top box). Everything works perfectly now!
  4. Adi Unnithan Win User

Xfinity / Comcast cable box (RNG110) No audio

I had this exact same problem and struggled with it for a while with my Comcast RNG110 set top box - no audio when going through TV, but all other audio from the XBox One worked. Tried changing a bunch of settings in my set top box and nothing worked. I
    figured it was an HDMI cable issue but I didn't have another HDMI cable so I simply switched the cables (the HDMI cable that ran between the set-top box and the XBox now runs between the XBox and the TV and the one from the XBox to the TV now runs between
    the XBox and the set-top box). Everything works perfectly now!
  5. GruntKiller57 Win User

HDMI Input not working | Xbox One S

It is my Uverse set-top box. In trouble shooting I plugged that same HDMI cable directly into another port on my tv and have had 0 issues with the set-top box in weeks. It's only experiencing issues with the Xbox One S. It's also the same box and HDMI cable
    that I used with my Xbox One since release day and I never had any issues.
  6. IGhostI v1 Win User

XBOX ONE and what it means for us without cable boxes?

[quote user="BENOCIDE"]

You wont be able to use your direct tv only a set top box(cable box) with hdmi because youll be plugging the hdmi from the set top box to the xbox.

[/quote]

Please do not misinform. Xbox One will be able to be use via HDMI pass through on cable boxes AND satellite boxes from DishNetwork and Directv....
Thema:

Xbox not detecting set-top box. But tv is. Also I tried a few HDMI cables.

1. Xbox not detecting set-top box. But tv is. Also I tried a few HDMI cables. - Similar Threads - detecting set top

2. Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates: recently my xbox one x hard drive has failed, i have purchased a new one, i formatted the new hdd and plugged it into the console, i made a usb, formatted to ntfs, installed osu1, i tried doing...
  3. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  4. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  5. I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...: I wannt to ask if there are some ways to fix this. 2fb0ffc0-ecdd-48a1-9290-bc94a26c4c47
  6. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  7. New Device Detected but can't set it up

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Device Detected but can't set it up: [img] Hi, I was gonna play MSFS but when I plugged in my controller (not a Xbox controller, its like a Nintendo Pro Controller). I keep getting this message and there is no response when I try...
  8. VRR is greyed out when display settings are set manually vs. Auto-detect.

in XboX Insiders
    VRR is greyed out when display settings are set manually vs. Auto-detect.: [IMG] submitted by /u/hellegaard1 [link] [comments]
  9. My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing?: My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing? Hi Shadows, Thanks for coming to the forums. IPv4 and IPv6 are two different internet protocols. They are not a certain...
  10. Auto-detect limits to 640X480 resolution - 4k set manually

in XboX Insiders
    Auto-detect limits to 640X480 resolution - 4k set manually: [IMG] submitted by /u/nj12nets [link] [comments]