Xbox not connecting to internet but connected to wifi

Discus and support Xbox not connecting to internet but connected to wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, hopefully someone can help me with some settings. (Xbox One S) The last few days Elder Scrolls Online has been freezing at startup, so I had to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Piper2021, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Piper2021
    Piper2021 Guest

Hi, hopefully someone can help me with some settings. (Xbox One S)

The last few days Elder Scrolls Online has been freezing at startup, so I had to keep rebooting.

Yesterday it would try to load then keep going back to the home screen.

Did a bit of research, so I tried to delete it. It wouldn't delete. So I tried 5o delete some other games, nope they wouldn't delete either.

So system reset.

Now even more problems.

It is happily connected to my WiFi, by isn't going any further.

I can't add a user, it trys to update my language but errors. With 0x80072ee2.

I've done a network test and it says it is working.

But on the detailed network statistics it says :

Download speed not available

Uploaded speed not available

Packet loss 0% (although it was 100% when I tried last night )

MTU not available

Latency 156ms

Wireless strength 94%

I've done 2 resets now, both the same.

Any help really appreciated - just renewed my Live Gold subscription too.

:)

Piper2021, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Problems with Internet on my xbox one

I suggest that you connect directly to the xbox then wifi, sometimes wifi connection can be unstable then a connected one and then go to test network setting and check if is connected to the internet.
  3. Dumor90 Win User

Xbox live keeps disconnecting

Wifi still 30 feet away I also having proplem connect Xbox and my internet my wifi green not blinking and my wifi in other room and still having proplem connect to the internet I using d link router.
  4. SeargentWebb Win User

Can't connect to Xbox live?

Is your xbox connected through and ethernet cable or is it connected through wifi because if its wifi then you might need to check the security settings to of your wifi router and that is what might not be allowing it to connect to the internet and if so
    try using an ethernet cable for a more stable and sure connection.
  5. Piper2021 Win User

Thank you for your help. This worked. :)
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Please perform an extended power cycle on your console and reset your network hardware before trying to update it again.

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
Thema:

1. Xbox not connecting to internet but connected to wifi - Similar Threads - connecting internet connected

2. Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE: Hi, I've had this issue with my 360 experiencing trouble connecting to Xbox Live. The device is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and even over wi-fi was reading a strong connection...
  3. my Xbox 360 E will not connect to Spectrum internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox 360 E will not connect to Spectrum internet: So I got my 360 E a few years ago and a few months ago I tried connecting it to the internet but it won't connect, I tried hotspot and I gave up. 54ecfb1f-40e9-47a7-90ca-0c97461ff619
  4. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  5. My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.: My xbox X has not been used in 6 weeks. I turned it on today and it said I it was August 2019, though it had been used previously in 2024. I connected to the internet after chaanging the date...
  6. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  7. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  8. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  9. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  10. Xbox unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to connect to internet: I have a xbox 360 with me and I have been trying to connect to xbox live for past couple of months but have failed miserably. It is showing ICMP error each time I try and connect and have no clue...