Xbox Network Latency Hardwired

Discus and support Xbox Network Latency Hardwired in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright, so I recently hardwired my Xbox and I’m still getting about 60ms latency when the connection test. While I recognize my connection is stable,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CarsonSU, Oct 17, 2022.

1. CarsonSU
    CarsonSU Guest

Alright, so I recently hardwired my Xbox and I’m still getting about 60ms latency when the connection test. While I recognize my connection is stable, it possible I’d like to reduce the latency as I expected a greater jump in this stat. I currently have it set in port forwarding with a static IP address using the 3074 port. My DNS is set to the nearest and fastest server I could find. I though about setting up a DMZ network but I would rather see if there is something I am miss or anything I can do before had to reduce my latency. Thanks for the help!

:)

CarsonSU, Oct 17, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You are pinging the Xbox data center which may or may not be close to you. Geographically or in terms of network hops. You likely won’t see any significant reduction in this number.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today CARSONSU

The latency test is only a measure to test your current network. But the result may vary depending on the game that you're playing. Because not all games uses the same servers and not all servers are located at the same distance from your ISP server (this is the thing that causes latency / high ping)

As your latency is below 100ms you're good to go.
    But you can try to see if you can improve it using a different DNS address:

go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the latency is better at the next console startup.

(You can test with 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary)
  4. Heartful Wolf Win User

latency

Speed test.net

Hardwired pc to router

12 ping

452 download

104upload.

Xbox speed test

541 download

98 upload

77ms latency

0% packet loss.
  5. Brendan.W Win User

Remote Play, Latency high. How to solve?

I am getting the same thing when running the remote play tests. Latency is constantly above 150ms, even though latency to Google servers is less than 11ms.

I have a 100mbps down and 40mbps up connection, testing when nothing else is using bandwidth on my network. Xbox hardwired to gigabit ethernet. Even tried directly to my fibre NTU and still can't get the latency to be less than 150ms to Xbox servers, but to other internet servers, it's less than 20ms consistently.

The really odd thing with latency is it ALWAYS reports 156ms as the latency to Xbox servers for me, it never varies from 156ms to Xbox servers. This is extremely unusual, and I suspect false, as latency changes constantly within a few milliseconds. So I'd expect to see it vary a few milliseconds each time. This has to be a Microsoft / XBox server issue as I am not getting anywhere near even 50ms latency to Google or Cloudflare servers.
  6. Intenzitey Win User

Issue when playing games online(Ex. Halo, Cod etc.). I am always a second behind, people always see me first. My shots never register until a second after etc.

Well it's not you're network connection. How is your Xbox connected? Hardwired or Wireless?
Thema:

1. Xbox Network Latency Hardwired - Similar Threads - Network Latency Hardwired

2. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: I recently bought a refurbished xbox online from gamestop and it wont connect to the wifi. Sometimes if I'm lucky itll connect but I found out I need to switch to IPv6 I have IPv4 but I dont know...
  3. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  4. Xbox 360 network and live pro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 network and live pro: Hi! Dear helping hands, I’m having an issue accessing my Xbox live account referring to (Mod Removed) Console number: (Mod Removed) ✓ We tried many solutions we have found on the net. ✓...
  5. Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's: My son (9) currently plays Fortnite with his older brother (11), one on Switch the other on PS5. There are no issues with cross-network chat with this setup. We've recently purchased a Series S...
  6. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  7. I have a network setup it pops in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a network setup it pops in and out: What does it mean when it says a network is not setup but I have one setup? 317bffea-92f9-42bb-b48e-6a7f41161174
  8. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  9. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...: Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x? 27f76be7-c89f-405b-89cc-afe45fbfbf6f
  10. High latency on xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    High latency on xbox network: Hello my name is nabil its been over a year or so thats need soultion to this problem gave me depression fifa or ea fc is the only reasone i play or bouth the game done evrything have my internet...