Xbox needs to be factory reset in order to turn on every time its turned off

Discus and support Xbox needs to be factory reset in order to turn on every time its turned off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright this has been a devolving problem over the last year or so, every time my xbox turns off i have to factory reset it or it just sits on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trip4Free, Jul 29, 2020.

  1. Trip4Free
    Trip4Free Guest

    Xbox needs to be factory reset in order to turn on every time its turned off


    Alright this has been a devolving problem over the last year or so, every time my xbox turns off i have to factory reset it or it just sits on the loading green screen forever. it also often says the storage is inaccessible fairly often and will no longer
    save until i restart it dooming me to once again reset it. it stared almost a year ago only needing it to be reset once in a while but more recently has devolved to every single time it turns off... ive searched and searched but as usual with xbox "support"
    to no avail whatsoever, does anyone know how to fix this or is it just doomed and some sort of hardware failure? growing tired of reentering all my various info whenever i want to game or even watch netflix. notable call it side effects one time a buddy sent
    me a party invite which froze my whole xbox causing me to need to completely wipe the whole thing and re-download everything to get it to start up again, another time i tried to pause a game installing which froze it and did the same thing, opening the keyboard
    also sometimes crashes the thing and almost always takes 2-5 mins.

    :)
     
    Trip4Free, Jul 29, 2020
    #1
  2. FiveDinosaur792 Win User

    Can someone assist me i have a blank screen but i don't think it is the black screen of death trouble shoot not displaying on my monitor as well (and the monitor is fine on the normal Xbox one)

    You might need a factory reset, but first try turning off you xbox by the plug and let it cool down. Its been very hot lately perhaps it overheated.
  3. Paul1708 Win User

    Xbox one keeps factory resetting self

    Hello

    That would be really strange if it was factory reseting every single time you turned it off.

    Are you sure it isnt just signing you out of your account all the time?

    The only time it would force a factory reset is if you left the insider program and that would just be the once.
  4. Jonathan Hatt Win User

    Turned off during factory reset

    I ended up upgrading to the XBox Series S
  5. WattyNuela Win User

    Turned off during factory reset

    Thanks for the information. May I know if the console reached a higher update % or still the same?

    If it's still the same, try to do a physical power cycle

    "Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

    Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

    Plug the console power cable back in.
    Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on."

    You can find the same steps in the article below
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  6. WattyNuela Win User

    Turned off during factory reset

    I understand
    Let's try waiting in this case a while.

    If in the end you see that the update does not continue to progress. Try to free up space on your PC (at least 8GB) and perform the offline update
Thema:

Xbox needs to be factory reset in order to turn on every time its turned off

Loading...
  1. Xbox needs to be factory reset in order to turn on every time its turned off - Similar Threads - needs factory reset

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  5. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  6. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  7. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  8. need someone smarter then me lol

    in XboX Insiders
    need someone smarter then me lol: dumb question/post and I know and its in beta lol but I read battlefield 6 should work for disc to digital but mine always says congrats it worked!! but it don't work but I got the GTA remake to...
  9. Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...: Just wondering what ring I would need to update my Xbox to get the update on Monday? (I’m not sure it’s been announced yet? ) submitted by /u/falkirkboi [link] [comments]
  10. Why i need inernet to do a factory reset the second time?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why i need inernet to do a factory reset the second time?: I did factory reset the second time for my xbox one with the accs i had for years but i canceled cable and did not realize i need inernet to do the initial set up again why i need inernet to do...