Xbox Mobile App Crash On First Time Start Up, Can't Continue with App after Downloading Update

Discus and support Xbox Mobile App Crash On First Time Start Up, Can't Continue with App after Downloading Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just received my Xbox Series X. I was completing the first time sign up process on my phone, however during this process the app crashed and i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Clayha, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Clayha
    Clayha Guest

Xbox Mobile App Crash On First Time Start Up, Can't Continue with App after Downloading Update

Hi, I just received my Xbox Series X. I was completing the first time sign up process on my phone, however during this process the app crashed and i can't "continue with app" after downloading the first update as there is no resume feature in the app. Has anyone else experienced this or have a fix?

:)

Clayha, Feb 4, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Skip the set up with app option and set it up directly from the console. Or you can perform a factory reset and then use the app again.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.
  3. Clayha Win User

What i ended up doing is the hard rest, but when it asks to use the app to start (entering the numbers), i skipped this bit. It then went to the update section again, but it started the validation section which it did not do before and after that everything worked smoothly.

During the validation part of the update, it will ask to continue with app, but eventually this changes and gets ignored. You just end up doing it all manually and through a pc link to sync your account.
  4. RachelYoung4 Win User

How do you get to this from the update screen? Ours did the same but we force-reset it and now it just stays stuck on the “please continue on app” screen
  5. D1Zeeeeeee Win User

Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I can't sign in to my account. Every other MS app allows login. How can I log in to these apps?

My Motorola is up to date, and I can sign in to My XBox on my mobile as well as the XBox app on PC. I also have no trouble with MS rewards or Outlook app on my mobile. But I absolutely can't access XBox or Gamepass apps from my mobile. I click continue, nothing happens, I click it more than once after waiting several minutes, it says I tried to access it too many times.
  6. Lamkiaa Win User

Borderlands Update Seemingly Breaks Game

It is an Xbox 360 console. I have cleared the cache a few times, yes. Whenever I re-downloaded the update after clearing the cache, the same issue persisted.

Also it is not just the issue of no sound, the game crashes the console completely on start up with the update.

Continuing without the update the game is fine.
Thema:

1. Xbox Mobile App Crash On First Time Start Up, Can't Continue with App after Downloading Update - Similar Threads - Mobile App Crash

2. Xbox mobile app bonus points

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox mobile app bonus points: Why are my rewards for points suddenly way lower for the past 2 weeks? The reward points I received have been consistent for about 6 months since I started using the Microsoft rewards program....
  3. Can you use cloud gaming on the mobile app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you use cloud gaming on the mobile app?: I downloaded the app to use cloud gaming, but it seemed that it was only to play stuff through your console, which was not what I wanted 6fef2441-f1fb-4501-a894-e9acbde87546
  4. Xbox mobile app crashes when editing a clip.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox mobile app crashes when editing a clip.: The mobile app crashes when editing a clip. Already tried to reinstall, clear cache but still nothing. Im on android, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. 23d9e2f6-22ab-4020-9f38-80193775c4a6
  5. When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...: How could I fix this? Is this happening to anyone else? e8b85cdc-dd13-4c2f-946c-220b4ee3eedf
  6. What gta v is removed from Xbox game pass mobile app i request to return grand theft auto v...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What gta v is removed from Xbox game pass mobile app i request to return grand theft auto v...: I request please add gta v and rdr 2 in xbox game pass app a1df3992-4a61-4c94-834e-e5ecc75c2c38
  7. Custom pfp from mobile app isn't an option due to app freezing

in XboX Insiders
    Custom pfp from mobile app isn't an option due to app freezing: Why can't I change my profile picture on the Xbox mobile app without it making the Xbox mobile app freeze for no reason submitted by /u/No-Avocado6642 [link] [comments]
  8. mobil app and group calls, wrong mic picks up the sound :/

in XboX Insiders
    mobil app and group calls, wrong mic picks up the sound :/: If this is the wrong place to ask for help this post can be deleted :3 im a pc gamer, i dont have an xbox x3 But i have a few friends that do and use it as there main platform for gaming. I...
  9. How do you delete comments in the xbox mobile app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you delete comments in the xbox mobile app?: wheres the option to delete comments posted in the xbox mobile app, are yall really that ban-happy to ban people? i had to report my own comment as an attempt to get it removed....
  10. I cant sign into microsoft authenticator mobile app

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant sign into microsoft authenticator mobile app: im trying to sign in to the mobile authenticator app, but my number 1 problem is: i cant access a authenticator code, because im trying to sign into authenticator. and number 2 problem: the phone...