XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...

Discus and support XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So... I know this has been discussed before, but I have not seen recent posts on the topic. Anyways, I have two xbox one headsets, the factory one and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by All Swaggy PJ, Dec 28, 2015.

1. XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...

So... I know this has been discussed before, but I have not seen recent posts on the topic. Anyways, I have two xbox one headsets, the factory one and then a turtle beach I bought. In both cases, I can hear what people are saying as well as game audio but
    people cannot hear me when I talk. Yet, the games pick them up and the mic/audio icon is displayed next to my name, however, when I speak no sound is shown / displayed.

I have updated both controllers, the console, done the hard resets etc. And nothing works. Does anyone have a suggestion? I do not want to buy another controller if this is not going to work. I originally did this when my factory headset stopped working,
    and the turtlebeach worked for less than a week. In any event, suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

All Swaggy PJ, Dec 28, 2015
  2. ASAP C0N
    ASAP C0N Guest
    Xbox one headset problem since April update

All of my friends mics work fine I can hear them but they cannot hear me

ASAP C0N, Dec 28, 2015
  3. JordanG92
    JordanG92 Guest
    DESPERATE for help !

Hi Guys,

Long story short, i posted a thread a month ago asking for help about a headset because the mic i was using just randomly stopped - both game and party chat i could hear but no one could hear me but it recognized that the mic was plugged in

So i sent it back to xbox and they are sending a replacement (waiting over a month for it back) i used kinect during this time which is painful because its hard to hear people over the game and the kinect wouldn't talk in game chat only party chat !

So i got turtle beach xo4 yesterday and the same problem happens - no one can hear me but i can hear them and it still recognized that its plugged in - tried different headsets on different controllers, all are updated & i dont know what to do - and my nat is open

Xbox customer support on the phone just sent a link of instructions to follow which i did but nothning helped, the chat support always cuts out & im tweeting them bu they take like an hour to reply every time in the conversation

Anyone know what to do (And no, a hard reset does not work nor does assigning the controller to a profile)

Would really appreciate some help !

JordanG92, Dec 28, 2015
  4. cracyjames
    cracyjames Guest

XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...

Dude I have the same problem, for like 3 months now. Everywhere I look there is no solution. I even called their support and they had no idea what to do. Looks like we're *** until Microsoft gets off its lazy butt and fixes an issue that has been reported
    for way over a year with no solution. Way to go Xbox and you wonder why Sony is currently beating you in the console war... Sad excuse for customer support

cracyjames, Mar 6, 2016
  5. what controller are you using, is there an adapter or is this one of the new controllers

Modified Soul, Mar 7, 2016
  6. I also have the same problem. I got a temporary fix when the dashboard UI changed by going into the console settings theres a new screen with a toggle switch where you have to turn the headset mic on. This worked for about a week but now I am back to
    havinmg no mic unless I use the kinect mic

Lord of XBones, Mar 7, 2016
  7. Ive bought 4 head sets and they work for one day BUT once the system has to turned off it all starts AGAIn everyone can hear me BUT I can hear no ONE!!!! WHY is this happening everytime I turn xbox one OFF HELP

zombiedude5237, Mar 7, 2016
  8. h00krB00tz
    h00krB00tz Guest

Some users have been experiencing this issue for nearly a year. I have tried every troubleshooting step listed here. Nothing has worked. The only sure fix is to purchase a new console (not send yours in for repair, that will not work).

This is completely ridiculous. It makes me want to buy a PS4.

h00krB00tz, Mar 8, 2016
  9. Try sending a voice message and listen to it after, if you can hear the recording that means the hardware is fine (controller/adapter/headset). If not then 1 piece of hardware needs to be replaced. Switch around with other available hardware pieces to isolate
    the faulty one (different headsets/controllers/adapters).

If it's not a hardware issue, try with another profile: if it works it means it's not connectivity/console software and it might be profile related (privacy settings maybe - set it to adult).

If it doesn't work with another profile then it can be either connectivity (try wired connection/open ports/enable DMZ) or console software (try the Offline Update Diagnostic Tool or restore to defaults).

Good luck!

SirSlackalot-F68F4E19-36BB-4824-A316-05A2C3458840, Mar 9, 2016
  10. h00krB00tz
    h00krB00tz Guest
    I have 2 controllers, 2 headset adapters, and 3 headsets. I have tried combinations of all.

I have also deleted and recovered my account, and done a factory restore.

I have tried a wired and wireless connection. All Xbox ports are forwarded.

I have not tried the offline update diagnostic tool. Will attempt this tonight. Any other suggestions? Appreciate your help!

h00krB00tz, Mar 10, 2016
  11. I have read post after post about this going back a months and months, still no resolution. I have tried everything Microsoft has suggested. Multiple headphones (Microsoft and Turtle Beach), NAT open settings changed on router, updates for everything, and
    still I can hear others and they can't hear me.

Please please please if someone knows of a fix, let us all know. There must be thousands of us having this problem.

deadshot1018081, Mar 10, 2016
  12. john9870
    john9870 Guest
    hi had the same problem 2 headsets none worked but Kinect worked fine anyway I got both headsets working now went into settings > system > storage > clear local xbox 360 storage data not sure if will work for everyone but that's how I fixed mine

john9870, Mar 12, 2016
  13. XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...

My issue is, one my main profile the Mic won't work at all. On different profiles, it's perfect. I've changed my settings to fit my needs but that doesn't seem to help. Idk what tf to do.

Desert Snow 244, Mar 14, 2016
  14. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey everyone! Really sorry to hear about the headset trouble.

It's possible that this issue is different for each of you and because this thread was created in December we want to make sure we get to all of you. So that we can best help out please create individual threads describing your issue, we're happy to help
    out!

Mister Maka, Oct 31, 2018
  15. Modified Soul Win User

XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please HELP!

what controller are you using, is there an adapter or is this one of the new controllers
  16. Mister Maka Win User

XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please HELP!

Hey everyone! Really sorry to hear about the headset trouble.

It's possible that this issue is different for each of you and because this thread was created in December we want to make sure we get to all of you. So that we can best help out please create individual threads describing your issue, we're happy to help
    out!
  17. SirSlackalot-F68F4E1 Win User

Try sending a voice message and listen to it after, if you can hear the recording that means the hardware is fine (controller/adapter/headset). If not then 1 piece of hardware needs to be replaced. Switch around with other available hardware pieces to isolate
    the faulty one (different headsets/controllers/adapters).

If it's not a hardware issue, try with another profile: if it works it means it's not connectivity/console software and it might be profile related (privacy settings maybe - set it to adult).

If it doesn't work with another profile then it can be either connectivity (try wired connection/open ports/enable DMZ) or console software (try the Offline Update Diagnostic Tool or restore to defaults).

Good luck!
  18. Lord of XBones Win User

I also have the same problem. I got a temporary fix when the dashboard UI changed by going into the console settings theres a new screen with a toggle switch where you have to turn the headset mic on. This worked for about a week but now I am back to
    havinmg no mic unless I use the kinect mic
  19. john9870 Win User

hi had the same problem 2 headsets none worked but Kinect worked fine anyway I got both headsets working now went into settings > system > storage > clear local xbox 360 storage data not sure if will work for everyone but that's how I fixed mine
Thema:

1. XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ... - Similar Threads - Mics working hear

2. My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this?: My mic is getting audio from Xbox however my mic is not inputting into my Xbox to chat in parties online. It was working fine a few days ago. I’ve tried all the things that were suggested,...
  3. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...: I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but...
  4. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  5. My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them.: My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them. 4b2d8013-33ca-4983-95b1-57523e89935c
  6. I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?: I looked on YouTube and asked my friends that have a headset for their Xbox to help me, but they couldn't. 638ae866-5b7b-49d0-83e5-5b1fa6d6b872
  7. My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party: Hi I’ve had this problem for a while and it’s as simple as I can’t talk in party. I bought a new mic thinking that it was that but I still can’t talk. I’ve checked if my mic is on mute which it...
  8. My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.: The headphones I use were working a couple days ago, but now they don't work. I can still hear, but any sound I make through my mic won't come through on party chat. I've checked with other...
  9. My mic is not working…I can hear my friends and the game but my mic will not work I’ve...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic is not working…I can hear my friends and the game but my mic will not work I’ve...: I can hear my friends and games but my mic will not work… I’ve never had so many problems with a gaming system until I got an Xbox… :( 35697690-d321-4454-8186-7cbaff7069e6
  10. My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...: My mic hasn’t worked in game chat or party chat for about a week or two I have tried 3 different headsets and 2 different controllers but it won’t work I checked my settings and they seem to be...