Xbox messages return after being deleted and blocked

Discus and support Xbox messages return after being deleted and blocked in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So cleared my messages inbox on my xbox one console, but when i turned it on today all messages have returned and even a message from a female who i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by adypritchard, May 3, 2021.

1. adypritchard
    adypritchard Guest

So cleared my messages inbox on my xbox one console, but when i turned it on today all messages have returned and even a message from a female who i have blocked keeps coming up to be read again and again. Can anyone advise what to do as it's very annoying and there no help from xbox support to be found on any page about this. I have tried to sign out and sign back in after deleting the messages but they come back.

Unsure what to do next lol.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

:)

adypritchard, May 3, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @adypritchard, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Daft Badger Win User

There have been several people reporting the same or similar thing over the past week which would suggest there's a problem at Microsoft's end with the messaging system which does happen from time to time.

There's not much you can do other than just wait for it to be sorted.
  4. adypritchard Win User

Daft Badger Thank you for reply, i am going to try what Zineb said in his reply and go from there, it's just annoying as the messages pop up every day lol.

Regards

Ady
  5. adypritchard Win User

Zineb Thank you for reply, i will try this today and see how things go.

Regards

Ady
  6. Geri M. Win User

Message thread on xbox disappeared after being blocked.

Hello XapplesausX,

Good day and we hope that you are well today.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down. Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path?

Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox messages return after being deleted and blocked - Similar Threads - messages return being

2. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  3. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  4. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...
  5. Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...: My son and I play Minecraft and have progressed through the game and spent hours building. If I cleared local saved data, would it be erased? I have and X-box series S. I only have Minecraft on it...
  6. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  7. Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...: I had these really good captures from my game I wanted to share with others in a club I was in. Instead I am repeatedly met by an error message saying something went wrong, and this is still...
  8. Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?: I dont even know how to explain it. One minute it was fine and then the next minute, xbox app and my actual xbox stopped showing me my chats. I can't see them, recieve or send any messages and I'm...
  9. Ability to see child's spending or to add money just returns error message!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ability to see child's spending or to add money just returns error message!: I use the the family security for quite a long time and found it very useful to monitor my 10 year olds usage. Just recently, whether i use the app or through a browser, it wont let me view my...
  10. How am I supposed to make Warranty Return Request when I just get an error message

in XBoX on Consoles
    How am I supposed to make Warranty Return Request when I just get an error message: Hi, I've spent most of my Sunday failing to get a Warranty Return Request set up. I have my device correctly shown on my Microsoft account with the serial number etc, and it's in Warranty until...