Xbox Menu and party chat lags and stutters when running Series X optimised games

Discus and support Xbox Menu and party chat lags and stutters when running Series X optimised games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been having problems where the xbox menu with the friends list and party chat are, it seems to lag and freeze when you open it when playing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Racerz7600, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Racerz7600
    Racerz7600 Guest

Xbox Menu and party chat lags and stutters when running Series X optimised games

I've been having problems where the xbox menu with the friends list and party chat are, it seems to lag and freeze when you open it when playing optimised games for series x. But it's fine when running xbox one games. It also lags and stutters the party
    when talking to people I dont think it's a known issue atm and I'm wondering if other people are having the same issue.

:)

Racerz7600, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Racerz7600 Win User

Well I have a wired connection and I'm not lagging when it happens
  3. SoftiJamie Win User

That happens to me when I have a bad internet connection.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hi,

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox was only optimised for Xbox One X it hasn't been optimised for the Series S or X hardware. On the Series S it runs in Xbox One Backwards compatibility mode. As such, it runs at around 900P (around 1600x900). This means it will look quite soft looking on a 4K display, although it should not affect the colours or the contrast.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is not great on the Series S, especially on a 4K display. FIFA 23 is Series S|X optimised, which is why this game looks a lot better.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Can you use external hard drives on xbox series s

Hi,

Series X|S optimised games can only run on either the internal storage or expansion card. You can 'store' Series X|S on a USB hard drive/SSD for later but you can't play them from these drives as they're not fast enough.

Xbox One games that are not optimised for Series X|S can be run from USB Storage.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
Thema:

1. Xbox Menu and party chat lags and stutters when running Series X optimised games - Similar Threads - Menu party chat

2. What do you think of the performance of the "Guide" menu?

in XboX Insiders
    What do you think of the performance of the "Guide" menu?: For example, from the different sections you think the performance of the friends section. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  3. Anyone remember the old Xbox One menu sfx?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone remember the old Xbox One menu sfx?: Video of the sfx I just found my old original Xbox One and turned it on when suddenly I found myself on the old menu. Before I connected the console to the internet to update it, I navigated...
  4. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  5. Can't get Xbox One s to load into troubleshoot menu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get Xbox One s to load into troubleshoot menu: I have an Xbox One S that only loaded to a green screen and occasionally loaded to profile menu and would freeze. While trying to get it to load into troubleshoot mode, I now just get a black...
  6. My clips and 30s vids dont show up in the xbox friend chat menu even though i clipped them....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My clips and 30s vids dont show up in the xbox friend chat menu even though i clipped them....: 1: Nothing to see here even though i clipped many things: https://imgur.com/a/J2Nu0uc ( cant paste images in here) 2: All my clips which dont show up/ both 30s second ones and full clips:...
  7. Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing: Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda just disappeared overnight. I don't get an...
  8. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  9. OG Xbox One does not shut down via Xbox button menu.

in XBoX on Consoles
    OG Xbox One does not shut down via Xbox button menu.: Hi everyone I have an OG Xbox One and it doesn't shut down when asked to via the Xbox button menu on the controller. I have to go to settings, Energy Management and then choose "fully shut down...
  10. Xbox series X unsupported mode on tv can't get menu for xbox settings to come up on tv....

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X unsupported mode on tv can't get menu for xbox settings to come up on tv....: XBOX SERIES X -UNSUPPORTED MODE STUCK ON SCREEN. CANT GET XBOX MENU TO COME UP. PLEASE HELP ITS STUCK 69f39e34-6d04-4bad-a076-9758beac45ac