Xbox Media Remote Home Button Doesn't Work

Discus and support Xbox Media Remote Home Button Doesn't Work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bought a second Xbox Media Remote because I figured my current ones Xbox button wasn't working anymore. But it does work to turn on my Xbox One X, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ClearyMonkey, Nov 5, 2021.

1. ClearyMonkey
    ClearyMonkey Guest

Bought a second Xbox Media Remote because I figured my current ones Xbox button wasn't working anymore. But it does work to turn on my Xbox One X, but it no longer brings up the guide when the button is held.

Hence why I bought a replacement. But it turns out, the same issue.

So anyone else having this issue?

I found someone else online having the same issue, but no luck with an answer. https://xbox-forums.com/threads/guide-button-on-xbox-media-remote-not-working-beta.453486/

Seems like it's a system thing, since 2x devices work overall the same but issue.

:)

ClearyMonkey, Nov 5, 2021
  2. ClearyMonkey Win User

Hi Samy.

Thanks for the note.

Just tried it today and the feature is working again. So good to know the Xbox team was on it.

Thanks for the response.
  3. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you?

A few days ago someone else was having the same problem, after trying some trobleshooting and it didn't work I went to check the system update notes and it's a known issue, engineers are aware and working on a solution.
  4. Elcloak Win User

Still isn’t working for me

I bought a new remote too, just to find out the same problem is occurring. Can anyone help?
  5. Leo Invictus Win User

xbox one media remote

Hi.

When you are using an app and want to get back to the Xbox home screen with the media remote, tap the Power On/Home button (the big "Xbox" button at the top) to reveal the guide and select "Home."

If you wish to completely close an app, press the Power On/Home button to access the guide, navigate the guide to highlight the app you wish to close, tap the Menu (hamburger) button, and navigate to "Quit" on the context menu.

This support page has more information about the Xbox media remote:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...-remote-info#064ff1f1d91d461e8939ca2fed2cd717
  6. SpyerMe Win User

Media Remote no longer works with YouTube and Netflix apps after 11/15 console update

I have the same problem with Netflix and the media remote. The only buttons that still work are the Xbox home key, and the Play/Pause key. Media remote buttons work fine navigating the Xbox menu so I know it works fine but when using Netflix I cannot FF,
    rewind, skip, select, etc. This started happening after the November update. If I uninstall Netflix app and reinstall it the remote will work fine until I power off the console at night. The next day when I use power up and use Netflix the remote is back to
    not working again. I use energy-save power settings.
Thema:

1. Xbox Media Remote Home Button Doesn't Work - Similar Threads - Media Remote Home

2. Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB: Hello, everyone! I have a Logitech webcam connected to my Xbox Series S via USB port. The webcam is a C930e model. I've captured some treasured moments, but I'm unable to copy them to an external...
  3. Vlc media issue help help help help help

in XboX Insiders
    Vlc media issue help help help help help: I have no idea where there located on internal drive but they are there, not a single thread on any browser pertaining to this issue. I want to free up 10gbs of videos off my xbox. I never wanted...
  4. My external solid state drive is showing as media only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external solid state drive is showing as media only.: I have a 4 terabite solid state drive that us type-c 3.1 and I've looked at the support pages and I did what was there and it didn't work, it still shows as a media only drive....
  5. My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this: My xbox series x keeps disconecting me from virgin media and multi player does anyone know how to fix this issue. 7339beda-3336-43b2-9fc1-d30f4714b04b
  6. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  7. Xbox Series X Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8007045d) When Watching Media Via USB.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8007045d) When Watching Media Via USB.: When tryin to watch movies stored on an external harddrive, I quite often recieve this message. It happens randomly and not all the time. When it does happen it can be 10min after the media has...
  8. Xbox Series X - PDP Media Remote Volume Control

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X - PDP Media Remote Volume Control: Hello, I recently upgraded from the Xbox One X to the Series X earlier this month. In the same time, I have decided to cut the cord on cable and only go with streaming services. The Series X will...
  9. Need help connecting PDP media remote. Tried everything from PDP’s website and my tv’s...

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help connecting PDP media remote. Tried everything from PDP’s website and my tv’s...: Need help connecting PDP media remote. Tried everything from PDP’s website and my tv’s website but nothing ia working. Please help e5484eff-9781-4e72-855f-5aa26da24bb3
  10. Media Remote Controlling multiple consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Media Remote Controlling multiple consoles: Is there an investigation happen to solve media remote controlling two xboxes in the same room? Is it possible to deactivate the ir receiver on one console? submitted by /u/sl1kr1ky [link]...