Xbox Media player can't play MKV files.

Discus and support Xbox Media player can't play MKV files. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; According to this .... https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-video/mkv-support MKV is supported but at this moment I don't see the 'Play To'... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EthanC0807, Jul 25, 2015.

1. EthanC0807
    EthanC0807 Guest

According to this ....

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-video/mkv-support

MKV is supported but at this moment I don't see the 'Play To' on my PC to stream.

It seems my Xbox one is updated. I can't see what I am doing wrong unless it is their side. I am in Hong Kong.

:)

EthanC0807, Jul 25, 2015
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1?

Hi, Xbox Media player seems to play my MKV files pretty well, maybe give that a shot.

EggsBoxJuan, Jul 25, 2015
  3. FX45guy2006
    FX45guy2006 Guest
    Media Player error 0xc00d36c4 streaming MKV from PC

Maybe someone could at least confirm for me whether this is even a use-case that is expected to work?Is it expected that you can stream MKV video using the Media Player app on Xbox One from a Win8.1 PC media library?

I have subsequently tried to re-pro the issue on a fresh build of Win8.1 on a different PC on my home network, using the same MKV files, and same Media Streaming options. In this case Media Player app on XB1 does not even list the MKV files within this media
    library. Maybe this is the default behaviour instead?

On the PC hosting the MKV files with which the Media Player app gives error 0xc00d36c4, I once had some third-party MKV codecs installed (CCCP) so that I could watch MKVs in Media Player 12 for Windows 8. Once MS added MKV support to the Video app in Win8.1
    I uninstalled these third-party codecs. Could this be the only reason that the Media Player app on XB1 sees the MKV files in this media library, and it isn't even supposed to?

FX45guy2006, Jul 25, 2015
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1?

Hi, Xbox Media player seems to play my MKV files pretty well, maybe give that a shot.
  5. FX45guy2006 Win User

Media Player error 0xc00d36c4 streaming MKV from PC

Maybe someone could at least confirm for me whether this is even a use-case that is expected to work?Is it expected that you can stream MKV video using the Media Player app on Xbox One from a Win8.1 PC media library?

I have subsequently tried to re-pro the issue on a fresh build of Win8.1 on a different PC on my home network, using the same MKV files, and same Media Streaming options. In this case Media Player app on XB1 does not even list the MKV files within this media
    library. Maybe this is the default behaviour instead?

On the PC hosting the MKV files with which the Media Player app gives error 0xc00d36c4, I once had some third-party MKV codecs installed (CCCP) so that I could watch MKVs in Media Player 12 for Windows 8. Once MS added MKV support to the Video app in Win8.1
    I uninstalled these third-party codecs. Could this be the only reason that the Media Player app on XB1 sees the MKV files in this media library, and it isn't even supposed to?
  6. Echo4Ent Win User

Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive

7. Sakeretsu Win User

Play you mkv files on your xbox video player, it works!

You could just get a media player like WD play and it will read the mkv file straight away. Higher quality no conversion.
  8. MaccaD1981 Win User

External Hard Drive no longer detected (Summer Update)

My Usb stick worked fine yesterday, watched an MKV file. Now today it does not work - says no files found, yet I have changed nothing. Very annoying. I just bought an Xbox one 3 days ago, primarily to use as a media player! Now I can't play any media files,
    yet the Xbone is 3 years old and this is still a problem?
Thema:

1. Xbox Media player can't play MKV files. - Similar Threads - Media player can't

2. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  3. Can't Cast to Xbox via Windows Media Player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Cast to Xbox via Windows Media Player: I've been used to casting my music from my Andriod phone onto my Xbox via Groove Music. I had stopped for a couple of months, but recently wanted to cast again but this time Groove Music has been...
  4. Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game): I know I must be the only one who uses the Media Player app on a regular basis, but after the latest system update, it keeps restarting when switching back after a game. This was not the case...
  5. Can't find DLNA server since Media Player update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find DLNA server since Media Player update: Hi Media Player was upgraded yesterday. Since then it can't find my DLNA server - I simply get the no devices found message. I've tried all the usual restarts etc. This problem only started with...
  6. Help! I can't find my Media Player app!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I can't find my Media Player app!: its not under My Games and Apps menu and I dont have the option to download it. e822cfa1-d579-4f34-bbc9-c09fcdfc85a5
  7. Getting error code 0xc1010107 (0xc00d36c3) from Media Player, can't play video files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting error code 0xc1010107 (0xc00d36c3) from Media Player, can't play video files: This is still a problem. No other info was provided and error code look up yields no result. I read someone suggested converting the files using a different audio codec. I'm sorry, reconverting...
  8. Xbox One Media Player can't see files on Windows Media Server

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Player can't see files on Windows Media Server: I have two xbox ones, one in my basement and one in my bedroom. The xbox one in my basement can see and play files on my Windows Home Server media server just fine, but my Xbox One in my bedroom...
  9. Xbox One can't find MS Surface 2 on windows media player.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One can't find MS Surface 2 on windows media player.: I want to change the background on my Xbox one. Now I know I could get up and use a USB drive, but I don't want to get up. When I go to the media player on Xbox one it detects the desktops in my...
  10. Can't find Xbox One Media Player app to install?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't find Xbox One Media Player app to install?: Hello, i am pulling my hair out here, i uninstalled my Xbox One Media Player app as it wasn't seeing my network, but i can't find it to reinstall the app again, where is it, how do i install the...