Xbox login where it doesn't belong.

Discus and support Xbox login where it doesn't belong. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Why does xbox login show up on my Steam MSFS 2020 game? I would like to eliminate this unnecessary step. 0c2f0db7-e12b-4e49-a93d-9ebbad585d97 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BCDozier, Sep 17, 2022.

1. BCDozier
    BCDozier Guest

Why does xbox login show up on my Steam MSFS 2020 game? I would like to eliminate this unnecessary step.

:)

BCDozier, Sep 17, 2022
  2. BCDozier Win User

Thanks for answering my question.

I purchased MSFS 2020 when it first appeared on Steam. None of that Xbox nonsense was associated with the game then. Now, with the Covid-19 pandemic significantly reduced and time on my hands, I re-downloaded the program from my Steam account. That was about 6 months ago. I couldn't play the game because, although the Saitek yoke was detected, it would only let me configure an Xbox controller.

I tried again a couple of weeks ago and when it asked for me to sign in to Xbox I tried signing in even though I don't have an Xbox account. It signed me in!

Since then it hasn't asked me to sign in. I just get the irritating Xbox pop-ups but it let me configure the Saitek yoke.

So, it's apparent that Steam and MS have some sort of licensing agreement now that didn't exist in 2020.

And, as a side note, when I couldn't configure the Saitek yoke I contacted Steam tech support. They are useless. Their response was that 3rd party problems are not their problems.

3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Every major publisher requires you create an account for them. EA, Ubisoft, Sony, Activision, etc etc in additon to whatever PC storefront on console you have purchased it on

You need to log on as Stream is only used for authentication, all game information is stored on MS servers

Your problem was solved because you logging in let you access updates and controller profiles stored on those servers.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

I understood your message.

And how can I help you in this matter?
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

it is a microsoft game therefore requires a microsoft account to use it regardless of which store you purchase from, same goes with lots of other games that also require an ubisoft account, epic account, rockstar account the list goes on.
  6. BCDozier Win User

Thanks for answering my question.

I purchased MSFS 2020 when it first appeared on Steam. None of that Xbox nonsense was associated with the game then. Now, with the Covid-19 pandemic significantly reduced and time on my hands, I re-downloaded the program from my Steam account. That was about 6 months ago. I couldn't play the game because, although the Saitek yoke was detected, it would only let me configure an Xbox controller.

I tried again a couple of weeks ago and when it asked for me to sign in to Xbox I tried signing in even though I don't have an Xbox account. It signed me in!

Since then it hasn't asked me to sign in. I just get the irritating Xbox pop-ups but it let me configure the Saitek yoke.

So, it's apparent that Steam and MS have some sort of licensing agreement now that didn't exist in 2020.

And, as a side note, when I couldn't configure the Saitek yoke I contacted Steam tech support. They are useless. Their response was that 3rd party problems are not their problems.
Thema:

1. Xbox login where it doesn't belong. - Similar Threads - login where doesn't

2. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  3. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  4. Xbox app can't login

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app can't login: My Xbox app won't let me log in. Every time I start it up, I'm logged out. When I click to log in, the app immediately shows me my account and the "Let's start" button. When I click it, the app...
  5. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  6. Keeps saying “connection failed” failed to login to online services [Reason: Detrick-Lester]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keeps saying “connection failed” failed to login to online services [Reason: Detrick-Lester]: Can’t Connect. Keeps saying “connection failed. Failed to login to online services [Reason:DETRICK-LESTER]. My connection and speed are good. Just had the cable guy come out and look at my...
  7. Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen: I bought a game of the Xbox one shop that was a 360 game so when I play it I have to login to an Xbox live account. My account is already on it but I didn’t have the password on my Xbox so after I...
  8. Where do i enter my www.disneyplus.com Login/Begin 8-Digit Code?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where do i enter my www.disneyplus.com Login/Begin 8-Digit Code?: Here are the steps to activate www.disneyplus.com Login/Begin 8-Digit Code: Visit: https://www.disneyplus.com/begin/ 1. Launch the Disney+ app on your TV or device: Power on your TV or device...
  9. When I try to login with my Microsoft account it read direct me to the original page where...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to login with my Microsoft account it read direct me to the original page where...: When I try to login my account it goes to the Microsoft link and says sign in and then it takes me to the continue link then where I press continue it read direct me to the same page...
  10. How do I fix the issue when trying to login to the Xbox app on pc where it says "An illegal...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix the issue when trying to login to the Xbox app on pc where it says "An illegal...: When I tried to login to minecraft in the minecraft launcher it said "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. (0x8000000D)" which I searched up and...