Xbox Live servers or just wifi?

Discus and support Xbox Live servers or just wifi? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason when I woke up today my internet connection on my Xbox was disconnected, upon trying to reconnect it I got the typical "couldn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daniel Alfaro1, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Xbox Live servers or just wifi?

For some reason when I woke up today my internet connection on my Xbox was disconnected, upon trying to reconnect it I got the typical "couldn't connect to DHCP server" message. I tried every suggestion I was given (even though they have never worked before) and still nothing was working. Finally, I was able to reconnect my wifi by renewing my DHCP lease and getting another IP address that I put in manually. But it wouldn't let me sign into my account. After awhile, I was able to finally sign in, but now I can't play any games online or start parties. I tried restarting my console and it started the whole wifi connectivity thing all over again. It keeps cycling between those 3 issues.

1. Wifi won't connect

2. Wifi connects but can't sign in.

3. Wifi connects, can sign in, but games and parties don't work.

Can someone please let me know if they are also having issues with Xbox Live at the moment or if it's just my wifi. I don't have a router so any fixes regarding that won't apply to me. It's hard to tell because the wifi was working perfectly last night and all of a sudden nothing works at all.

:)

Daniel Alfaro1, Oct 7, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Daniel

I was double checking, and there isn't an outage reported for Xbox live services
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

So, could be an issue / outage with your current internet service provider / connection.
    But in order to isolate the issue a bit more.
    Can you try connecting the console to a different wifi network?
    For example sharing mobile data via wifi hotspot and connect your console in that way
  3. WeronikaZajkowska Win User

www.xbox.com/dns-help for more help

My dns server can not restore in to xbox live. This is mean my xbox can not get conect into the wifi.
  4. adzphill Win User

Xbox Live dropping out every ~40mins, please help.

hmmm. live just dropped out after 25minutes using wifi hotspot through my phone. i just reconnected and will try again...it is possible at all that the xbox itself could be doing this or possibly on xbox servers side of things?
  5. XxScrufyNinjaxX Win User

Errorcode 0x8b050033

are you connect to Xbox live servers?

though you may be connect to the WiFi it may not have connect to Xbox live

Are you able to update the console?
  6. denis97g Win User

Xbox one lags terribly on xbox live

Hi! is the xbox connected via wifi or ethernet? Make sure that your son is playing on servers of the same region you live in or this can cause lag.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live servers or just wifi? - Similar Threads - Live servers wifi

2. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  3. SOUTH AFRICAN XBOX LIVE SERVERS?

in XBoX on Windows
    SOUTH AFRICAN XBOX LIVE SERVERS?: Hi there.. ive asked in 2022 when are we getting xbox live servers.. its 2024 and still no south african or even african servers.. what is going on? When are we getting our own servers?...
  4. Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers: I just came home for winter break from college, and I brought my Xbox series x with me to play games. I was not experiencing any issues before I had come home to my parents house, but now when I...
  5. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  6. If I want to connect to the server in Minecraft, do I have to join xbox live gold?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I want to connect to the server in Minecraft, do I have to join xbox live gold?: Hello, If I want to connect to the server in Minecraft, do I have to join xbox live gold? 9e4b7919-3170-4b14-9fdd-c03c79e7bbad
  7. Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X: I have gone through many forums and I haven’t found a solution that works. For some reason I can no longer connect to Xbox live when trying to play any 360 game I have either purchased or...
  8. Problem connection to live configuration servers in Forza H 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem connection to live configuration servers in Forza H 4: Hi, I have just recieve a notice when i try to connect to forza live, i get this message.. Unable to connect to the Live configuration servers. Why do I have this problem ? I have never had...
  9. Call of Duty: WaW (Xbox live servers)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty: WaW (Xbox live servers): For some strange reason I am only able to find a xbox live match when choosing a Team Deathmatch lobby. The servers are not allowing me to search for other available lobbies on other game types. I...
  10. Why is server down on my xbox360 live rockband3 game and why cant i download all my stupid...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is server down on my xbox360 live rockband3 game and why cant i download all my stupid...: Why is my sever down on my rockband3 game i cant buy no more songs on my rockband3 music store and i cant download. All my stupid songs from my rb2 and rb3 games onto my stupid rockband4 game that...