XBox live rewards issue while converting rewards to currency

Discus and support XBox live rewards issue while converting rewards to currency in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have some rewards points which were suppose to be moved to my xbox live account. but i have a message which says : Your account needs updating to... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by saurav2204, Jan 2, 2017.

1. saurav2204
    saurav2204 Guest

I have some rewards points which were suppose to be moved to my xbox live account.

but i have a message which says : Your account needs updating to make a deposit!

when i click on the link provided it moved to payment and billing page. Can you guide me what needs to be updated there.

:)

saurav2204, Jan 2, 2017
  2. Latin Lex
    Latin Lex Guest
    Microsoft Points Convertion

Can someone pls convert my reward points into currency in my account I can't figure it out and xbox keeps telling me the forums can fix it.GamerTag I have 7,800 reward points that are not converting into my account every 15 and 30 pls help!

Latin Lex, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Will my account be suspended because of the transition from Xbox Rewards to Microsoft Rewards?

So a while back, (over two years ago, I think) my Microsoft Rewards account was suspended because there was multiple Microsoft accounts that were used on my computer. Now that the Xbox Rewards Program is converting to Microsoft Rewards, will my Xbox Rewards
    account become suspended too? Will I get a second chance?!

...please.

SPARTAN 106473, Jan 2, 2017
  4. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest

Hello saurav2204,

After reviewing your account, it appears that you are currently being affected by a known database issue which is interfering with the information on your account. What is happening is that your billable account information is being incorrectly communicated
    to our servers. Since this data is necessary to determine where to place your deposit, the process is aborted. This missing information is also why our system is incorrectly asking you to update your data. Since this issue is currently being caused by a
    database not under our control, we have escalated the problem, and it is currently being worked on by another team. At the current point in time, they have not yet provided us with an approximate solution date. Since this error is causing your information
    to not be received, adjusting your information will not solve this issue. The prompt asking you to check your information is a generic troubleshooter that will not work for this particular situation. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask for your patience
    while our other team works on a solution.

XBLRewards8, Jan 4, 2017
  5. XBLRewards8 Win User

Hello saurav2204,

After reviewing your account, it appears that you are currently being affected by a known database issue which is interfering with the information on your account. What is happening is that your billable account information is being incorrectly communicated
    to our servers. Since this data is necessary to determine where to place your deposit, the process is aborted. This missing information is also why our system is incorrectly asking you to update your data. Since this issue is currently being caused by a
    database not under our control, we have escalated the problem, and it is currently being worked on by another team. At the current point in time, they have not yet provided us with an approximate solution date. Since this error is causing your information
    to not be received, adjusting your information will not solve this issue. The prompt asking you to check your information is a generic troubleshooter that will not work for this particular situation. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask for your patience
    while our other team works on a solution.
  6. XBLRewards8 Win User

Gem to credit conversion rate

Hello ohno itstheCoPz,

Since being introduced in October, Gems have never had a Credit or currency value assigned to them. They can only be spent on purchases from the Vault. However, we realize that users have grown attached to their Gems, so when you are transitioned to Microsoft
    Rewards, they will be converted into points. Note that Microsoft Rewards points and Xbox Live Rewards Credits are not the same. Your Gems will not be converted into Xbox Live Rewards Credits if you choose to remain in the Rewards programs, but will be converted
    into Microsoft Rewards Points.
  7. XBLRewards8 Win User

Rewards Query #4

Hello brianone1,

We currently see that your previous deposit failed due to a currency mismatch issue between your UK Rewards Account and your US Microsoft Account. However, due to recent data policy changes, we can not currently see your current Microsoft Account region
    settings. If you have successfully changed your Microsoft Account region, then your deposit should no longer have a currency mismatch issue.

We do not contact users after the transition. While there will be a deposit of any un-deposited (pending) Credits, we will not be in communication for that process. The deposits will be processed automatically, and would appear on your commerce page (https://commerce.microsoft.com/) similarly
    to other Xbox Live Rewards deposits (a refund with a negative amount). However, you are correct that this should result in a deposit of those funds. If you would like your deposit as currency, and not Microsoft Points, then you may wish to pursue this option.
    Note that as stated in the FAQ, if we are unable to complete a deposit, any pending Credits will be converted into Microsoft Points. This opt out deposit should occur around the time your region is fully transitioned to Microsoft Rewards.

If you resolve your issue, your deposit will complete successfully. Otherwise, you will receive an error notice on your statement email, similar to before. If your currency mismatch issue has not been resolved by the time of the transition, your Credits
    will be converted to Points, as mentioned in the FAQ:

What about my current Xbox Live Rewards Credits and MyVIP Gems balance?

If you have any pending Rewards Credits in your Xbox Live Rewards account on May 31, 2018, or if you are expecting your MyVIP deposit for purchases made in May 2018, Xbox Live Rewards will convert them into your local currency and deposit them in your
    Microsoft account by the end of June 2018. You will then have 1 year to spend that currency on digital items from the Microsoft Store.

If Xbox Live Rewards is unable to deposit into your account for some reason, as long as you have not opted out to make the transition to Microsoft Rewards, any undeposited Xbox Live Rewards Credits and unredeemed MyVIP Gems will be automatically converted
    to Microsoft Rewards points and be added to your Microsoft Rewards account to redeem for whatever you choose from the Microsoft Rewards catalog. See the next question for when to expect your Rewards Credits and MyVIP Gems if you have opted-out of making the
    transition to Microsoft Rewards.

Since the Microsoft Rewards program is separate from Xbox Live Rewards, we do not have any insight into how their program operates. However, since they do not seem to have the same Credit deposits as currency as our program does, this currency mismatch issue
    will unlikely persist in the same way on your Microsoft Rewards account.
  8. XBLRewards8 Win User

xboxrewords

Hello wolf rageing,

From the FAQ:

What's the difference between Microsoft Rewards points and Xbox Live Rewards Credits and MyVIP Gems?

One Microsoft Rewards point is equal to one Xbox Live Rewards Credit. Microsoft Rewards points can be redeemed whenever you want for the rewards you choose from the Microsoft Rewards catalog, including Microsoft Store digital gift cards. Xbox Live Rewards
    Credits are automatically converted to your local currency every two weeks and deposited in your Microsoft account, while MyVIP Gems could be redeemed for items in the MyVIP Vault.
  9. XBLRewards8 Win User

Xbox live rewards points

Hello ANGEL BUBAROV,

As was stated in the transition FAQ, which is now available at (https://rewards.microsoft.com/explore/xbox-to-ms-rewards-faq):

What about my current Xbox Live Rewards Credits and MyVIP Gems balance?

If you have any pending Rewards Credits in your Xbox Live Rewards account on May 31, 2018, or if you are expecting your MyVIP deposit for purchases made in May, 2018, Xbox Live Rewards will convert them into your local currency and deposit them in your Microsoft
    account by June 30, 2018. You will then have 1 year to spend that currency on digital items from the Microsoft Store.

You will be able to see your deposit as currency on the Microsoft Commerce page. Your deposit was made on the 19th. They are not converted to Microsoft Rewards Points.
Thema:

1. XBox live rewards issue while converting rewards to currency - Similar Threads - live rewards issue

2. 1 year Xbox Live Gold Membership Reward Gone?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    1 year Xbox Live Gold Membership Reward Gone?: Every year I have saved my points to get the 1 year Xbox Live Gold Membership. I always have that set as my goal and I was just looking and noticing that it's not there. Did they take this away?...
  3. One year live gold reward via points?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    One year live gold reward via points?: What happened to the one year live gold reward in points? It was there earlier this year and I was working toward this year and not it is not. 7ecc7ff6-b98d-4449-9fb6-d9b8844a2e2f
  4. Xbox Live Gold Reward

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold Reward: If I have xbox live on a yearly subscription and I redeem it with my points does it simply add on to the time I had? 7d6cb74a-50b3-4c07-9c51-2b940cd33d6e
  5. One Year Xbox Live Gold Membership by redeeming Microsoft Reward Points

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    One Year Xbox Live Gold Membership by redeeming Microsoft Reward Points: My goal was set to redeem my Microsoft Reward points for a One-year Xbox Live Gold Membership, and it disappeared sometime in the last few days. How can we get this back as an option?? This has...
  6. I used my Bing points for 12 months live Xbox subscription reward but cannot redeem code I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I used my Bing points for 12 months live Xbox subscription reward but cannot redeem code I...: As the title says. I get a text saying "Hold off extending this right now" on the screen. Then it says something that I'm at my limit and it could take two to five years? So what does that mean? I...
  7. Reward Points & Xbox Live Membership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reward Points & Xbox Live Membership: Can i share my xbox live membership with family members ? If so how ? Also if i have xbox live or a month how do i share with my family ? HELP O and y caant i use my microsoft balance to purchase...
  8. I have not received Octobers Xbox Live and Game pass quest reward

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have not received Octobers Xbox Live and Game pass quest reward: Hello. It is past the 4-6 weeks after the promotion has ended and I still have not gotten a message from Xbox Live with any reward yet. The Xbox Live quests is to play Trove, Livelock, and...
  9. i redeemed my reward points for my 1 month xbox live card and never got the email with the ...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i redeemed my reward points for my 1 month xbox live card and never got the email with the ...: last night i used allmy points to get a monthly xbox gold live card code and i got the confirmation code of me redeeming them but i havent recieved the email with my xbox live code its been a day...
  10. Need to redeem Xbox live reward points

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need to redeem Xbox live reward points: I have purchased a lot of games digitally from the Xbox store and now that you guys have the rewards program on Xbox I was wondering if I could possibly get some of the points from the recent...