Xbox live password changed cannot access account

Discus and support Xbox live password changed cannot access account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, So this will be quite a lengthy post as I am struggling to access my gold account (not this one). My brother has moved away from home due... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AridTulip45, Jan 5, 2014.

1. AridTulip45
    AridTulip45 Guest

Hello all,

So this will be quite a lengthy post as I am struggling to access my gold account (not this one). My brother has moved away from home due to family issues and now won't give access to the Xbox Live account (he does not pay the £40/year). This means I cannot
    login to change the settings to stop auto renewal, nor can I use the account that has a lot of gamerscore and saved games.

I can give all the account details if required (the Live username is Arcen259). I have called up Xbox Support and they can't change the password. Do I now have to pay auto-renewal forever?

Earlier on he TRIED to change the email that the account was registered to and now I get all the emails but it won't let me login with that email (only receive verification of payment emails).

I can give all the information (bill payer of the account, primary email, email he tried to change it to etc) if that helps. I am really struggling to change the registration of the account which is now even harder as I cannot login as the primary account as
    I don't have the password.

If you need any verification please ask! I am struggling to do anything and am worried as the auto renewal is due on the 25th of January.

Thanks

:)

AridTulip45, Jan 5, 2014
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile

Xbox LIVE password overview

It is possible to download your Xbox LIVE profile to several different consoles. You may need to do this if you have more than one Xbox 360 console, or you want to play games at a friend's house. In such a situation, you may want to password protect your Xbox LIVE account so that no one else can sign in using your profile.

Set the console to remember your password

Once you have downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to a console, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. The Remember Password option is usually off by default. This means that you will be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE.

If you don't want to be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE, select the Remember Password option.

Change the password protection on your profile

You are required to set the Remember Password option after you download your Xbox LIVE profile. However, you can change the password protection on your Xbox LIVE profile any time.

If you don't need a password to sign in:

Sign into your Xbox LIVE profile. After you have entered your Microsoft account password, select the Remember Password option.

If you choose the Remember Password option, you will not be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you need a password to sign in:

You can restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile on any console using your Microsoft account password.

Steps to follow

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Under Settings, select Account and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select Require Password Here

You will be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to another console and it is not password protected, or someone has compromised your password, you can change the password from a remote location so that no one else can access your profile.

Change your Microsoft account

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Go to Account Information and, next to Password, click Change.

You can also use your console to change your Microsoft account password.

Note: If the Xbox LIVE profile you downloaded does not require a password to sign in (You selected the Remember Password option), you will not be able to restrict someone from signing into your Xbox profile even if you change your Microsoft account password.

You can remove your Microsoft account password so that other people cannot access your Xbox profile on other consoles. This will ensure that a password is required before signing into your Xbox profile.

Remotely set a profile password from a computer:

1) Sign into your Xbox LIVE account.

2) Under Settings, select Account, and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select On All Other Consoles.

Once you have done this, a password will be required to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile on all other consoles.

xboxfelix, Jan 5, 2014
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Jan 5, 2014
  4. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest

Hello, please have the account holder contact Xbox Phone Support to verify that he/she is the account holder and simply tell them you would like to turn off auto-renewal. Thanks! Xbox live password changed cannot access account :)

iNb4 Ownage, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Mister Fitzer Win User

switching my live id on my xbox

If you cannot access your account or
    change your password
    , you'll need to call phone support for further assistance at 800-4MY-XBOX.
  6. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Hello, please have the account holder contact Xbox Phone Support to verify that he/she is the account holder and simply tell them you would like to turn off auto-renewal. Thanks! :)
  7. Mister Gwyther Win User

windows live ID blocked

Hey there. If you cannot access your account, there is no way to change the WLID on the account. If your Live account was blocked, or you forgot your password, check out
    http://live.com for support.
  8. KindGryphon Win User

Account/Game Sharing

No but you can change your password so that they cannot access the account anymore
  9. bowski477 Win User

How to remotely remove account from a device

You cannot remotely removed the account but you should change the password on the account. That will require the new password for anyone to be able to access the account and your info.
Thema:

1. Xbox live password changed cannot access account - Similar Threads - live password changed

2. Can't download Xbox Live Profile on to Xbox 360 Bad Password/Bad Credentials Error 80072741

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download Xbox Live Profile on to Xbox 360 Bad Password/Bad Credentials Error 80072741: Hello, I recently bought a used 360 and I cannot download my Xbox Live Profile. I have tried deleting profiles, clearing the cache, formatting the HD, redoing the initial settings and have changed...
  3. Need help with my Xbox live password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with my Xbox live password: Neef help with my Xbox live password ed379731-7adc-4f70-b077-5b5c4baf159c
  4. How can I recover a Xbox 360/Live account that I’ve forgotten the email and password for?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover a Xbox 360/Live account that I’ve forgotten the email and password for?: I’ve already attempted every means to getting ahold of an actual person with Xbox Live. This is why I’m here and I’m hoping I get the solution I need. I put a lot of time and effort into my...
  5. How do I recover my old Xbox Live account username/password???

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my old Xbox Live account username/password???: My desktop dies a few months ago and I had to get a new hard drive. When I installed windows 10, it created a new account and I lost all of my old statistics...How can I recover my old account and...
  6. Xbox Live account password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live account password: My Xbox 360 error code is 8015D002. I found a page with a solution to how I could not log in with my password. The page claims my Xbox 360 is asking for my Xbox Live account password. Do I need an...
  7. Xbox live login, Can’t reset password!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live login, Can’t reset password!!: I’ve recently bought a Xbox again after a few years. I can’t remember my password to login, I know my gamertag etc. I’ve tried to send security codes to my recovery emails and I get nothing. I had...
  8. Cancel Xbox live without username and password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cancel Xbox live without username and password: A few months ago my Xbox was factory reset to default settings. When trying to log back in, I realized I had forgotten the username and password I entered when I first purchased the system. I went...
  9. I forgot my Xbox 360 4-digit password that is locked on my Xbox live account. Help please

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my Xbox 360 4-digit password that is locked on my Xbox live account. Help please: It’s not working because I made this password like two years ago and I forgot it ae3823d8-e2ca-43bb-9a6b-896442aee20a
  10. after password change cannot log in on xbox live app . user action required

in XBoX on Windows
    after password change cannot log in on xbox live app . user action required: i recently changed my microsoft password. and after i open up my xbox live up game pass ultimate (PC) it says cant log in to xbox live user action required for authentication . even with the...