Xbox live parties not working on PC unless I reset Xbox app and Xbox Live Services app

Discus and support Xbox live parties not working on PC unless I reset Xbox app and Xbox Live Services app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Basically the title. Xbox live parties do not work on PC (Windows 11) the first time. I have to go in and reset those two apps in order for them to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BOrange14, May 9, 2024.

1. BOrange14
    BOrange14 Guest

Xbox live parties not working on PC unless I reset Xbox app and Xbox Live Services app

Basically the title. Xbox live parties do not work on PC (Windows 11) the first time. I have to go in and reset those two apps in order for them to work. All my privacy settings are correct. Doesn't matter if I start the party through the xbox app or game bar, my friends just see "Connecting" and sometimes I get an error saying "something went wrong with your party, try again later"

:)

BOrange14, May 9, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi BOrange14, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, follow these steps:

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Then download the Gaming Services Repair tool:

https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool
  3. REN AERO Win User

Can't connect in a party

Dear
    ninjakat

Kindly try these Solutions.

Restart your PC and router.

Flush DNS.

Access Router settings and disable UPnP.

Disable VPN and Proxy.

Disable IPv4.

Use a wired connection.

Check the status of Xbox Live Service

Guide:https://windowsreport.com/teredo-adapter-windows-10-download/

• Check the permissions
      1. Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
      2. Choose Privacy.
      3. Select Microphone from the left pane.
      4. Under the “Choose which apps can access your microphone“, toggle on the
        Xbox app.
    • Restart the app and the associated service
      1. Close the Xbox app completely.
      2. In the Windows Search bar, type Services and open Services.
      3. Locate the Xbox Live Networking service, right-click on it and choose “Restart” from the contextual menu.
      4. Do the same for the IP Helper service.
      5. Close Services and open the Xbox app again.
    • Reset the Xbox app
      1. Open Settings.
      2. Choose Apps.
      3. Locate the Xbox app under the Apps & features and expand it.
      4. Click on the Advanced options link.
      5. Scroll down and click Reset.
    • Change the default playback device
    1. Here’s how to reset your playback and recording devices to factory settings:
    2. In the Windows Search bar, type Sound and open Sound from the results.
    3. Highlight the playback device, select the Advanced tab, and reset it to factory settings.
    4. Repeat this for the microphone.
    5. Save changes and exit.
    Link:https://windowsreport.com/xbox-party-not-working/
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

How can I sign in to games

Hello, Dovah77! I appreciate you trying the steps. Kindly also try to reset/ repair the Xbox app. Select Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Find the App named "Gaming Services" then select the Advanced options link under the name of the app (some apps don't have this option). On the page that opens, select Reset. Do the same for Xbox app.

Please also make sure all Xbox services are running:

Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Game Save

Xbox Live Networking Service

Gaming Services
  5. [Farscape] Win User

auto connect

xbox is the gaming service from Microsoft, all their first party titles access this as you are logged into your pc with a microsoft account that is also your xbox account.

with it connecting to live you get the challenges etc etc, i am not sure you can fully disconnect unless you sign out within the app or use a local account on your machine.
  6. PMathan Win User

Xbox apps don't work without Xbox live.

Live is only for authentication, after that the apps connect to the various 3rd party services. These are not delivered through the xbox live network. That's why if you are already logged in and live goes down you can still use 3rd party apps.
Thema:

1. Xbox live parties not working on PC unless I reset Xbox app and Xbox Live Services app - Similar Threads - live parties working

2. I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats: I have been having trouble communicating on xbox live. To start, i am not coms banned on anything Xbox Live, CoD, or Fortnite, yet i can not communicate with anyone on anything. I have a wireless...
  3. Help with Xbox live party’s, connecting only issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Xbox live party’s, connecting only issue: hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a perplexing issue that has recently arisen with my Xbox Series X/S. In the past two weeks, I've encountered a...
  4. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  5. Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.: Hello, I've been trying to use a 3rd party minecraft java launcher known as Modrinth. Unforunatley, every time I try to log in this happens: [img] could I please get a fix? ***moved from...
  6. Xbox live party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox live party chat: Hey so my daughter can’t connect to an Xbox live party with others she can be in one by her self but when someone else joins it kicks her out NAT is open as well tried hard reset and looked in...
  7. Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.: Hello, I've been trying to use a 3rd party minecraft java launcher known as Modrinth. Unforunatley, every time I try to log in this happens: [img] could I please get a fix?...
  8. Why can I not log into xbox live in shuffle party

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can I not log into xbox live in shuffle party: I can not log into xbox live in shuffle party because when I do a error code. The error code is (-2147024883). 0cfcfba2-1d6f-4048-87f7-cf2e0380b339
  9. Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?: So for the past 2-3 days, whenever I post a looking for group post in a party, as soon as I go back into the menu using the hone button, the party tab just says "party encountered an error" and I...
  10. Disconnecting from online games, but Xbox Live, party chats, live streams all stay up and...

in XboX Insiders
    Disconnecting from online games, but Xbox Live, party chats, live streams all stay up and...: I frequently disconnect randomly from online games on my xbox series S despite having zero lag aside from these abrupt disconnects. I am on ethernet and never had these issues until a few months...