XBOX LIVE ON XBOX ONE MULTIPLAYER ISSUE WITH COMCAST ROUTER

Discus and support XBOX LIVE ON XBOX ONE MULTIPLAYER ISSUE WITH COMCAST ROUTER in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Setting up port forwarding or the DMZ is for specific ports. The firewall is for generic traffic. If the the firewall is seeing the traffic as harmful... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shotgun Jackson, Jan 5, 2014.

1. XB1R Hypnos
    XB1R Hypnos Guest

Setting up port forwarding or the DMZ is for specific ports. The firewall is for generic traffic. If the the firewall is seeing the traffic as harmful in any way it's going to deny those packets from being properly sent and/or received. If the firewall is
    set to low it should still protect against the most common forms of attacks, however the firewall on a gateway/router isn't specifically designed to protect against malware or viruses. The firewall built into windows, or a software firewall of your own choosing,
    will do that job.

XB1R Hypnos, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Thanks for the detailed explanation. I appreciate all your help.. Thanks again

Shotgun Jackson, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Shotgun Jackson Win User

I lowere my firewall settings. I can now connect to MP successfully. However this is not ideal as I have many windows machines on this network. Also this begs the question what are port forwarding rules and the DMZ for?
  4. XB1R Hypnos Win User

Ok, perfect. So with that being the case our next step is to attempt a few things, some of which you may have already attempted. If they are then we'll skip on over them or possibly change the way they've been set up.

Currently do you have the Xbox One set up in the
    DMZ
    or with
    Port Forwarding
    ?

Have you set up a
    DHCP Reservation
    for the Xbox One console so it is being assigned the same IP address consistently or do you have the Xbox One getting it's IP address automatically, or even possibly have you set the IP address manually on the console itself?

Depending on the current set up for the previous 2 questions, my next suggestion would be to adjust the

Firewall
    on the TC8305c. For testing purposes our first test will be turning the firewall off completely and running the Test multiplayer connection again. Be sure to perform a full

power cycle
    on the console before testing, after setting the new settings on the TC8305c.
  5. Shotgun Jackson Win User

I found a new thread with this new error code.. I'm going to try those steps...
  6. calicheese23 Win User

Disable upnp and then re enable it. Reset gateway. Then hold down the front power button on the Xbox for ten seconds. You will see the green splash screen like you are starting it for the first time. Problem should be fixed now.
  7. XB1R Hypnos Win User

Alright, thanks for that information. Now onto the good stuff. I know from your previous posts that you have Comcast as your ISP, but what specific equipment are you connecting to? Are you connecting with just the equipment provided by Comcast or do you
    have additional equipment such as a router, switch, wireless extenders? I understand that it's not working wired as well, are you getting the same "were not sure what happened" message when testing wired? Also, are you currently attempting wired or wireless
    so I know which way to troubleshoot this.
Thema:

1. XBOX LIVE ON XBOX ONE MULTIPLAYER ISSUE WITH COMCAST ROUTER - Similar Threads - LIVE MULTIPLAYER ISSUE

2. Kicked off multiplayer live back to home screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Kicked off multiplayer live back to home screen.: While playing multiplayer live games I keep getting kicked off back to the Home Screen. I have done all the resets as I’ve seen on the forums. I have also returned my console to Best Buy and got...
  3. Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...: Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying you cannot play Xbox multiplayer you need Xbox live gold is required. Can someone answer my question?...
  4. Domino master multiplayer game tells me to sign in to xbox live. Why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Domino master multiplayer game tells me to sign in to xbox live. Why: When i attempt to play Domino Master In a multiplayer game im told to sign into xbox live. Why when I'm already signed in 0f155861-cc72-404a-836e-2a096d01b1b9
  5. What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...: What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live for online multiplayer gaming in 2023 december? Thanks for the help! :) e0847f0f-9c6d-45f3-a210-034bd52aa141
  6. Gears 5 live multiplayer. Loads Map but never allows me to enter the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 live multiplayer. Loads Map but never allows me to enter the game: I just spent the last 2 days installing and uninstalling then re installing xbox live for pc. I have played Gears 5 without issues recently. Suddenly it takes forever to log into xbox live, then...
  7. Will I still be able to play Black Ops 2 Multiplayer after Xbox Live Gold gets shut down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I still be able to play Black Ops 2 Multiplayer after Xbox Live Gold gets shut down?: I recently bought an Xbox 360 to play Black Ops 2 on. Now that Xbox Live Gold is being shut down, will there still be a way to play online? b6443732-c21f-4098-bb5d-124e738d98fb
  8. Does call of duty black ops 1 require Xbox live or Xbox live gold to use multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does call of duty black ops 1 require Xbox live or Xbox live gold to use multiplayer: I was trying to play cod blackopps and it said my account was unable to connect to Xbox live, I currently have Xbox live silver 5e7b41f8-1c36-4b25-9154-ab0426b94439
  9. Free more games multiplayer experiences from the requirements of Xbox live or gold...

in XboX Insiders
    Free more games multiplayer experiences from the requirements of Xbox live or gold...: Halo Infinite Multiplayer does not require any purchases to play. Though this is inconsequential for many Xbox players, there are many who can’t pay for a live subscription and greatly appreciate...
  10. Game Pass Gold Live cant play multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Gold Live cant play multiplayer: Gifted my grandchild a 3-month Gold Live Game Pass so she can play Halo Master chief collection and every time she trys to join multiplayer it goes right to a subscription screen to buy a Game...