Xbox Live - Low Upload Speed and Multiplayer Issues

Discus and support Xbox Live - Low Upload Speed and Multiplayer Issues in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, First of all, thank you for having accepted me as part of this group, and thank you for the support that you are giving to the Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Zotoss, Feb 29, 2020.

1. /u/Zotoss
    /u/Zotoss Guest

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thank you for having accepted me as part of this group, and thank you for the support that you are giving to the Xbox users.

I have joined this group because recently (approx. 10 days ago) an issue started affecting my online experience with Xbox.

I have already contacted the Xbox Costumer Support (via email), and after an exchange of few emails and some suggestions they provided, they recommended to write here, as the issue is still there.

The issue is the following.

I have Fiber connection, and using all other services besides Xbox Live, I can get a constant download and upload speed which are very similar. Very constant and very similar, always. Same values I constantly get using Speedtest, either using a device connected via Ethernet cable, or connected using Wireless.

It was the same for Xbox Live until one week ago.

I kept running the detailed network statistics once every week and always getting the same values for download and upload, for almost one year.

Last week, when I did the test I got a very low upload speed of 5 / 6 Mbps, while normally I get 250 / 260 Mbps (same as the download speed).

Indeed, since last week the multiplayer experience has gotten much worst, with more difficulty to find good games in the FPS I normally play, and occasional spikes in the multiplayer experience (the scene ''freezes'' for one/two seconds and then restart).

This never happened before in one year of multiplayer.

Please note all other services I normally use do not show this degradation in the service.

Few notes for your attention:

• The Xbox is connected via Ethernet cable to the router. I use Cat. 6 cable, 1 meter long.

• The router does not have any firewall active, or any other VPN active.

• I have opened up all necessary ports in the Port Forwarding for Xbox. Router is updated with latest firmware.

• When I play with Xbox Live, I disconnect all other services from the router to get the connection as best as possible.

Most importantly, until one week ago Xbox Live was not showing this problem, and I did not change anything in my settings.

I already done a full power cycle both on my router and Xbox, without any improvements.

As suggested by the Costumer Support also cleared the MAC alternate address, and reset the console to factory settings, but no result.

The Costumer Support run some tests, and after a week of emails exchange, they confirmed that on the same days that I started noticing this issue, Xbox Live servers have been updated.

In their the issue could be related to this update, and they suggested me to write here, raising the issue, and asking for being fixed.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Xbox nickname: Zotoss

submitted by /u/Zotoss
    [link] [comments]

/u/Zotoss, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Apollonius X420 Win User

Internet Issue

Hello . I am also having issues with Xbox Live. I have troubleshooted all of my personal devices ( modem, router, cat 5 cable ) and everything is good. I will do a speed and ping text outside of Live and I have good download speed, good upload speed
    , and low latency ( less than 50ms ) . When I run a detailed network statistics test on the Xbox 1 the download and upload speeds are good but the latency is 1156 ms , 986 ms , etc etc etc. I am constantly lagging while playing multiplayer and it
    has ruined my experience. Also, I have adjusted my router settings and placed my Xbox 1 into the dmz so that all ports are open for communications.

PLEASE HELP !
  3. Mister Fitzer Win User

Error Status Report

Hey mate, the upload you listed is extremely low for trying to use LIVE, and is likely the source of your connection issues. Please call your ISP and ask them about a better speed for LIVE.
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

Bad lag all weekend on XBL

Hey mate, it appears that your upload speed is a little low for gaming on LIVE. If other posters in this thread have a similar upload speed, I suggest calling your ISP to see if anything's changed on their end, or if there's anything they can do for their
    connection.
  5. W1LD SEVEN Win User

Lag!!!!!!!

Only thing anyone can suggest is move up to a better package with your provider or move to another provider. Your download/upload speeds are way to low for playing on xbox live.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Bought came and says "Cannot download item" at 100%....

your ping is kinda low i like 45ms

but your upload speed is really low
Thema:

1. Xbox Live - Low Upload Speed and Multiplayer Issues - Similar Threads - Live Low Upload

2. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  4. Xbox live streaming provider - something went wrong

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox live streaming provider - something went wrong: Trying to stream on xbox series s. When pressing the streaming button in the menu I get an error “sorry something went wrong, please try again later”. Have had this for months now. Xbox updated...
  5. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  6. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  7. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  8. I got suspended for Xbox live until 4/3/2025?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got suspended for Xbox live until 4/3/2025?: Okay unbanned me and my account bed318cb-6b51-4394-9dad-deb95da3f12c
  9. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  10. No/Low Connection with Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    No/Low Connection with Xbox Live: First off, I believe I have an excellent connection. Recently I started playing Xbox 360 again about a couple months ago. I purchased the 3 Month XBL Membership card. I began with Advanced Warfare...