xbox live/internet

Discus and support xbox live/internet in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; xbox live/internet Hello there @amiemeredith, I hope everything is going well! Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by amiemeredith, Dec 24, 2020.

1. amiemeredith
    amiemeredith Guest

xbox live/internet

xbox live/internet
    Hello there @amiemeredith, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the internet situation, but I want you not to worry about it because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh.
    I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Code:
    Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
    :)

amiemeredith, Dec 24, 2020
  2. PsychoFlyBoi Win User

Console connected to Internet, cant contact XBOX LIVE

Thanks for explaining!

The Error matches with:

Router, ISP, or Xbox LIVE service problems - Internet Error: Your console is connected to the Internet but can't contact Xbox LIVE (Picture: The X between Internet and XBOX LIVE)
  3. x RossY 360 Win User

Xbox live on a 6mbs uverse connection?

4. XBF Zineb F Win User

xbox live/internet

Hello there @amiemeredith, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the internet situation, but I want you not to worry about it because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh.
    I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  5. taidara Win User

xbox live internet

Greetings vicelord!

Before we begin to troubleshoot, could you tell us if you are with Comcast/xfinity. Thank you!
  6. UndRgrnD TroopR Win User

xbox live internet

Yes I have Comcast/Xfinity. can not cconnect to xbox live but my PC connects to internet.
Thema:

xbox live/internet

1. xbox live/internet - Similar Threads - live internet

2. Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE: Hi, I've had this issue with my 360 experiencing trouble connecting to Xbox Live. The device is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and even over wi-fi was reading a strong connection...
  3. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  4. I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...: Please help [img] e26eafb7-5c77-4439-82c7-628498dfa87d
  5. Can a modded console connect to xbox live if there's no internet at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a modded console connect to xbox live if there's no internet at all?: Hello I'm contacting this community to discuss the modding of xbox consoles, if that's okay. Does anyone know if an xbox live account can connect to a modded console without internet?...
  6. My Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet and Xbox live for a few a couple seconds...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet and Xbox live for a few a couple seconds...: My series X will randomly disconnect from the internet and Xbox live for a few seconds before reconnecting back to live. I will happen anytime I’m playing games and it is getting annoying. I have...
  7. xbox 360 with good internet connection from laptop wont connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 with good internet connection from laptop wont connect to xbox live: when i go into my wired network settings, i click test xbox live connection. everything else connects good except for xbox live. ive tried both suggestions but both didnt work (note my connections...
  8. Why when I try to login to Xbox live I get internet failed ,xbox live blocked ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why when I try to login to Xbox live I get internet failed ,xbox live blocked ?: Why when I try to login to Xbox live I get internet failed ,xbox live blocked ? 030f0495-aaa8-4b7f-a1b7-76b0a2f98666
  9. Xbox 360 connects to Ethernet but not Xbox live/internet???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to Ethernet but not Xbox live/internet???: I have an Ethernet connected to my Xbox 360 (which hasn’t been set up in 3 years) we use this Ethernet cord for other consoles so we know it works but when I test the connection it says: Network:...
  10. only one of my profiles don’t have xbox live even though i have perfect internet

in XBoX Accessibility
    only one of my profiles don’t have xbox live even though i have perfect internet: i have xbox live on my account but out of no where it while disconnect on only my main account. my other accounts work fine so it can’t be my wifi. so i delete and then try to download it again...