Xbox Live: How do I switch from a hotmail email to an outlook email on my account?

Discus and support Xbox Live: How do I switch from a hotmail email to an outlook email on my account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created an xbox live gamer tag a long time ago (around 2009). It is currently associated with a hotmail email account. I have created a new email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by kbro28, Feb 24, 2022.

1. kbro28
    kbro28 Guest

Xbox Live: How do I switch from a hotmail email to an outlook email on my account?

I created an xbox live gamer tag a long time ago (around 2009). It is currently associated with a hotmail email account. I have created a new email that is an outlook email account. How can I switch from my hotmail email to my outlook email on my xbox live account?

I've tried changing aliases on my hotmail microsoft account but it says that the alias I'm switching to already has an account and when I try to change aliases on my outlook microsoft account, it says that I can't use the hotmail domain. When I go onto xbox live with my outlook account, it doesn't register an xbox profile so I don't understand why I'm having issues.

:)

kbro28, Feb 24, 2022
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

Transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another

Unfortunately this is not possible and since your email is a Microsoft email (Live, Hotmail or Outlook) you can't switch the email to another one and have the account not be connected to that email anymore, technically.

You can switch the login emails around but you CAN'T switch TO a Microsoft email when you do this (Live, Hotmail or Outlook). You can switch to another email provider but you can't switch between Microsoft emails as they're permanently connected to that
    account they were created on. For example, you can't switch this account's email login to another Microsoft account because that email is attached to a Microsoft account already.

The only solution is to start over and have him create a new account and have the account that owns all the games to be set as the my home xbox account on the xbox one so that the new account can play all the games that account owns BUT the saves and any
    progress will not move over and some DLC will not share, also.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  3. BenDaBon Win User

Change email of Xbox account with another mail

Since outlook is already a Microsoft server email it is not possible to use the outlook email you can add another email alias that is not a Microsoft server email (@outlook.com, @live.com, @msn.com) or you can create a new outlook email in the process of
    adding an alias to the account at account.live.com/addassocid and it will put that new outlook account on the hotmail account or you can use any non MS email account.

Now keep this in mind you can have multiple aliases that you use to sign into accounts with (if they are not already a Microsoft account)

If you do add a new alias to your hotmail account and decide to remove your hotmail email from the account that will render the hotmail account null and void and you will never be able to get it back.

so do not remove the hotmail email from the account if you ever think you will need it for anything in the future
    Ok, so if i create an alias and i remove my hotmail email i will not be able to use the hotmail email, but will i lose all the data and achievements of the xbox account? (i hope not...)
  4. AridLizard Win User

Migrating Xbox Accounts

please note that if your email address is a Microsoft email (@live, @outlook, @hotmail, etc) it can't be removed from an Xbox account
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Change email of Xbox account with another mail

Since outlook is already a Microsoft server email it is not possible to use the outlook email you can add another email alias that is not a Microsoft server email (@outlook.com, @live.com, @msn.com) or you can create a new outlook email in the process of
    adding an alias to the account at account.live.com/addassocid and it will put that new outlook account on the hotmail account or you can use any non MS email account.

Now keep this in mind you can have multiple aliases that you use to sign into accounts with (if they are not already a Microsoft account)

If you do add a new alias to your hotmail account and decide to remove your hotmail email from the account that will render the hotmail account null and void and you will never be able to get it back.

so do not remove the hotmail email from the account if you ever think you will need it for anything in the future

Ok, so if i create an alias and i remove my hotmail email i will not be able to use the hotmail email, but will i lose all the data and achievements of the xbox account? (i hope not...)
    You will not the only thing that you would be doing is changing the email address that you use to sign into the account with.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Changing Email Addresses

I am trying to change the address from a Hotmail account to a gmail account, is this possible?
    Yes, you can change TO any email address that is not Hotmail, Outlook nor Live mail. You just can't change TO one of those emails - as they are permanently connected to microsoft accounts.

You can switch any email to a Gmail just fine.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live: How do I switch from a hotmail email to an outlook email on my account? - Similar Threads - Live switch hotmail

2. Can't switch accounts on Xbox Live / Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't switch accounts on Xbox Live / Minecraft: On my PC, I'm signed into my main microsoft account. That means whenever I sign into my Xbox Live account on Minecraft it immediately suggests that I should sign into that account (as shown below,...
  3. XBox Live Account switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox Live Account switch: Currently, my XBox Live account is associated with my original *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** account. This email address/account gets hundreds of spam/phishing,...
  4. How do you switch your live stream destination from Twitch to Lightstream? I've tried...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you switch your live stream destination from Twitch to Lightstream? I've tried...: I've recently had overlays made so I can have my stream more professional looking. I can't remove twitch as my destination to replace it with Lightstream. 6406af0e-8a95-4c06-aea6-458d65db5121
  5. Log out of Xbox live on switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Log out of Xbox live on switch: I had changed my gamertag on xbox live and when i went back to playing ori and the blind forest on switch my old gamertag was still there. How do i get the new name to appear? I tried deleting and...
  6. Xbox Live account switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live account switch: My son has been using my email for his Xbox profile since the beginning, as he was too young at the time & did Not even have an email. He has since then grown and has his own email. How can i keep...
  7. I can't switch my account in xbox, xbox live, xbox console companion and microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't switch my account in xbox, xbox live, xbox console companion and microsoft store: I have 2 microsoft accounts, and i use 1 for microsoft store and another for xbox and xbox live, but the microsoft store account is logged in the xbox app and i can't switch because when i logout...
  8. 12 month Xbox live subscription switch to ultimate game pass for one month but no...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    12 month Xbox live subscription switch to ultimate game pass for one month but no...: So I had an xbox gold live subscription for 12 months in August, 2020 and in November I wanted to try out Ultimate Game Pass for a month and see how it is. However, after the Ultimate Game Pass...
  9. Xbox live for Minecraft switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live for Minecraft switch: Why do I need Xbox live to play multiplayer minecraft on my n i n t e n d o switch? Shouldn't you only need that for Xboxes? I was really excited to play multiplayer once i logged my microsoft...
  10. Xbox live needing constant verification login on Switch - Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live needing constant verification login on Switch - Minecraft: Hi, Recently every time my son starts Minecraft via his Nintendo Switch his Xbox live account is not logged in, Upon clicking to log in the game sends us to the verification procedure via...