Xbox Live Gold Trial Not Working

Discus and support Xbox Live Gold Trial Not Working in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Sent here by Microsoft live chat support. Hope this is the right place to post this. I did the free trial for Xbox Live Gold that came with my... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by ClaytonTumey, Sep 18, 2018.

1. ClaytonTumey
    ClaytonTumey Guest

Sent here by Microsoft live chat support. Hope this is the right place to post this.

I did the free trial for Xbox Live Gold that came with my console. It shows that my subscription will now automatically renew on 10/18/18, which is fine. My problem is that I'm unable to play Fortnite because it doesn't seem to be connecting to Xbox Live
    for whatever reason. The game keeps trying to kick me back to the screen to purchase Xbox Live Gold.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Fortnite, and I've tried a few other things found via Google to no avail.

Please help.

:)

ClaytonTumey, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Bought console with 14day live gold trial which never worked. Known issue affects so many.

What do you mean by the trial not working?

Trials do not give you a full gold membership,they only give you limited access to some xbox live gold features & a lot of games will not let you play online with a trial.

A lot of people do not realise this & think that the trial is not working when in fact it is.

Daft Badger, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    48h trial malfunction

Trials only give you limited access to some xbox live gold features.

Some games will not let you play online multiplayer with trials,you would need a full gold membership.

There's nothing to fix,the trials are working how they should.

Daft Badger, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Trials do not change your account status to gold. They will only work with some aspects of online multiplayer and will not work with all games or game modes.

Smwutches, Sep 18, 2018
  5. ClaytonTumey
    ClaytonTumey Guest
    I don't understand. The trial itself is specifically for Gold according to what I clicked earlier (and according to my current account status).

In the "Manage" tab, it shows that my account is currently at Gold and will automatically renew on 10/18/18 (i.e., one month from today).

ClaytonTumey, Sep 18, 2018
  6. You could try removing your profile from your console, then add your profile back to your Xbox, that might fix the issue.

StuartATrueRed, Sep 19, 2018
  7. ClaytonTumey
    ClaytonTumey Guest
    I tried that, and I'm facing the same problem.

When I "Press 'A' to Start" the game I'm wanting to play, it shows "checking system privileges" and then throws me to the screen to purchase Xbox Live Gold.

This system already has Xbox Live Gold (and even shows as much in the home screen).

ClaytonTumey, Sep 19, 2018
  8. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest

Hello ClaytonTumey

If the issue seems to be the subscription, try a quick power cycle to see if the change has not yet registered.

This process would to

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
      Note Pressing the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Restart console.
    4. Select Yes to confirm.
    For further support, reach out to our customer support line by scheduling a callback through the
    Support.Xbox.com.

Let us know if you have further questions!

XBF Javier R, Sep 19, 2018
  9. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest
    Hello, ClaytoTumey

Thank you for contacting Forums support!

Trial subscriptions are limited to certain points in gaming, since it is only a "trail".

Gaming may be possible for certain games online, but not all.

Are other games able to work? Did Fortnite work in the beginning for the trial? Make sure to check for updates, Fortnite updates every Tuesday, Thursdays, and sometimes Wednesdays . Make sure to try to uninstall and re-install the game if it still shows
    no updates.

If that doesn't works Please contact Xbox support to trouble shoot the subscription to see if that will fix it!

Xbox support

Please let me know if that works!

Thank you!

XBF Jeremy Z, Sep 19, 2018
  10. ClaytonTumey
    ClaytonTumey Guest
    I power cycled last night and again this morning at the suggestion of the live support chat. That didn't work. They referred me to this forum for further assistance. Nothing is working, and it's frustrating having two groups simply referring me back
    and forth between each other.

ClaytonTumey, Sep 19, 2018
  11. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    Hello Clayton!

I understand how frustrating be referred back and forth can become. Based on my experience I recommend

Contacting us Here
    to request a callback. Xbox phone support has advanced troubleshooting for gold subscriptions that I believe will solve this issue quite easily.

Hope this helps and let us know the results!

XBF Chris J, Nov 3, 2018
  12. XBF Brad A Win User

Free Xbox Live Gold Games Unable to Download

Hello Cianka,

that is why unable to get the backward compatible games. They will not work with the 14 day trial unfortunately. In this link

describing Xbox live gold
    there is a section explains the trials.

With an Xbox Live Gold 2- to 14-day trial, you can get Xbox One Games with Gold, and discounted Gold deals.

If it was a one month trial you could get the backward compatible games.

Thanks,

Brad
  13. FearedNightmare Win User

Free Month goldmembership gone

Hello

Unfortunately it is intended that Trials do not stack
    with existing memberships. It's also mentioned on the support page Xbox Live Gold trial memberships

Notes

• The Xbox Live Gold trial membership is associated with a single gamertag.
    • You can't add an Xbox Live Gold trial membership to an existing membership.
    • Only three trial accounts are available per console. This limitation cannot be reset.
    • After a user has created three trial accounts on their console, the user no longer receives a message that provides the opportunity to create an Xbox Live Gold trial account.
    • To sign up for the Xbox Live Gold trial membership, you must add a payment method to your account.
    This also works in a vice versa way meaning that if you have a trial membership it will be lost if you purchase a gold membership
  14. ngocphi Win User

Xbox one S - 14 day xbox gold trial

It would help if you read it correctly

14day trials aren't gold trials

Games with Gold available if I'm on a 30-day Xbox Live Gold credit card trial?

You're eligible. You must have a current Xbox Live Gold membership or an Xbox Live Gold trial that requires a credit card.

What kind of Xbox Live Gold trials are eligible?

You're eligible if you're on an Xbox Live Gold one-month free trial.

If you're on a 14-day prepaid code trial, you're not eligible. You must have a current Xbox Live Gold subscription or trial that requires a credit card.

What if I'm on a 14-day prepaid code trial and I upgrade to Xbox Live Gold during the trial period to take advantage of a free game offer? Will I get the game?

If you upgrade to Xbox Live Gold during your non-renewing trial period, your Xbox Live Gold membership won't start until the end of your free trial. You won't be eligible to download a currently offered free game until your trial period ends and your paid
    membership begins
  15. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Live Gold Trial?

Hello Akira,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in utilizing an

Xbox Live Gold free trial
    . The Xbox Live Gold free trial is offered through some games or console bundles. Keep in mind, you can't add an Xbox Live Gold trial if you already have an Xbox Live Gold subscription. If your account is unable to utilize the Xbox
    Live Gold free trial, we suggest purchasing Xbox Live Gold in order to utilize online features or Games With Gold. We hope this helps!
  16. Daft Badger Win User

Bought console with 14day live gold trial which never worked. Known issue affects so many.

What do you mean by the trial not working?

Trials do not give you a full gold membership,they only give you limited access to some xbox live gold features & a lot of games will not let you play online with a trial.

A lot of people do not realise this & think that the trial is not working when in fact it is.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live Gold Trial Not Working - Similar Threads - Live Gold Trial

2. 14 day xbox live gold trial redeemed but not active

in XBoX on Consoles
    14 day xbox live gold trial redeemed but not active: Hi, yesterday i redeemed my 14 day xbox live gold trial on my uncle's xbox one. When playing in my xbox360, the 14 day xbox live gold is not active and i can't find it in my subscriptions. How...
  3. Had xbox live gold free month trial, but only got half a month?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Had xbox live gold free month trial, but only got half a month?: My and my little brother recived an xbox one x as a gift, in the box it came with a one month free trial of xbox live but the free month expired after only geting about half of what we were told...
  4. Xbox live gold trial code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live gold trial code: Hi there, Recently I bought a Xbox One X comsole and as always we received a code for a 14 days gold trial. The carton with the code says the code must be redeemed by 01/31/2021, but when we...
  5. 14-day free Live Gold trial is not showing up anywhere on my account.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    14-day free Live Gold trial is not showing up anywhere on my account.: Hi, all. I just purchased a brand new console that came with a free month of the Game Pass and a 14-day free trial for the Gold membership. The Game Pass is showing up under my "Services and...
  6. Will my xbox live gold disappear when I start a 14 day free trial for the xbox gamepass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Will my xbox live gold disappear when I start a 14 day free trial for the xbox gamepass: I want to know if my gold will be cancelled when I cancel my 14 day free trial for the xbox gamepass c9f783c0-77d6-4f1a-aa41-6d58694580b6
  7. Xbox live gold trial

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live gold trial: I have a factory reset xbox one I bought and was wondering why I couldn't get the gold live free trial since I'm signing on with a new xbox profile and everything. Why don't I get the free trial?...
  8. Prueba gratuita de Xbox live Gold[Translation-Xbox live Gold free trial]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Prueba gratuita de Xbox live Gold[Translation-Xbox live Gold free trial]: Cuando me creé una cuenta de xbox live me preguntaron si queria activar una prueba gratuita de Xbox Live Gold dd un mes, pero yo di por echo que la podia reclamar cuando quisiera, y aqui viene el...
  9. 14-day free trial of xbox live gold expired, but i'm still able to play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    14-day free trial of xbox live gold expired, but i'm still able to play online: I used a code to get a 14-day free trial of Xbox live gold. I don't remember when I redeemed it but I checked yesterday and It said it would expire that day. So I checked back today and it still...
  10. Xbox live gold free trial

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold free trial: Hey i didnt get a free trial. When i got my xbox iwas hoping yall could help f4c4a5a2-1ba9-4655-af3a-d9943d6c466f