Xbox Live Gold Tenure issues

Discus and support Xbox Live Gold Tenure issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive been a xbox live gold member for about 8 years now, and up until last week it showed my tenure on my profile on my xbox one. But for a couple days,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by THE B0SSH0GG, Jul 7, 2014.

1. THE B0SSH0GG
    THE B0SSH0GG Guest

Ive been a xbox live gold member for about 8 years now, and up until last week it showed my tenure on my profile on my xbox one. But for a couple days, I had to resort to a silver membership due to some money issues. My gold expired on June 28th, and I renewed
    it on July 2nd. And now my tenure is no longer displayed on my profile. Is there anyway to get it back? Or is it gone for good?

:)

THE B0SSH0GG, Jul 7, 2014
  2. Tenure not updating

Hey there Frost Fleury!

Sorry to hear about the account issues, glad to hear that you were able to eventually redeem you Xbox Live membership. As far as the tenure issue, what did your tenure display prior to your membership renewal?

Just to clarify, Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox Live Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox Live Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox Live Gold
    time has finished. You can find more information on tenure by checking out our Tenure Sticky.

Please let us know if further assistance is needed and we will be here to help.

Mister Quimby, Jul 7, 2014
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    xbl tenure

Hi,

Microsoft has changed how tenure is calculated. See below:

HassanB, Jul 7, 2014
  4. Ghostunit67
    Ghostunit67 Guest

I had almost the same problem as you, my account was for about 2 months on a silver membership. I bought a Gold membership about 3 weeks ago, and my tenure returned last week on my Xbox One profile. It take a few days that the tenure Icon will be showing
    up.

Ghostunit67, Jul 8, 2014
  5. There is a big topic on this issue on page 2 my 7 years tenure disappeared for 2 months and it finally reappeared last week.

penny84-CD44F3FB-318C-4FE4-9867-83DEBB58ED35, Oct 31, 2018
  6. iLuvGunsAndRock Win User

My tenure got reset.

Hello there!

There is a new update regarding tenure - here is a quote explaining the new update:

"Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time
    has finished.

For your first year of Xbox LIVE Gold you will see a '0' and increase to '1' year of tenure when that year is up! For example, if you've had Xbox LIVE Gold for 3 years and 6 months, you'll see a tenure of '3' next to your Gamertag."

However, there is an issue (of which is on-going) that is being looked in to currently. If you have a look at Miss Kleo's Updates on the

Xbox LIVE Tenure Issue
    - any new updates about progress of the issue will be posted there! Also, Official support may post here and tell you whether your tenure is correct or if you are facing this issue.

Hope this helps!
  7. Mister Quimby Win User

Tenure not updating

Hey there Frost Fleury!

Sorry to hear about the account issues, glad to hear that you were able to eventually redeem you Xbox Live membership. As far as the tenure issue, what did your tenure display prior to your membership renewal?

Just to clarify, Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox Live Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox Live Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox Live Gold
    time has finished. You can find more information on tenure by checking out our Tenure Sticky.

Please let us know if further assistance is needed and we will be here to help.
  8. iLuvGunsAndRock Win User

Tenure Reduced by 2! AGIAN!

Hey there bud!

There has been a recent update regarding tenure, here is a quote explaining this new update:

"Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time
    has finished.

For your first year of Xbox LIVE Gold you will see a '0' and increase to '1' year of tenure when that year is up! For example, if you've had Xbox LIVE Gold for 3 years and 6 months, you'll see a tenure of '3' next to your Gamertag."

However, there is an issue (of which is on-going) that is being looked in to currently. If you view Miss Kleo's Updates on the

Xbox LIVE Tenure Issue
    - any new updates will be posted there! Also, Official support may post here and tell you whether your tenure is correct or if you are facing this issue.

Hope this helps!
  9. iLuvGunsAndRock Win User

Wrong tenure on my xboxlive account

Hey there man!

There has been a new update regarding tenure, of which basically is if you have had a XboxLIVE account for 3 years for example, but only had gold membership for 2 years, your tenure will be set to 2. However, there is also an issue about this. You can review
    the forum thread updates regarding this issue
    HERE
    . However, here is a example of the tenure update from that same forum thread

has finished.

However, since you say, you have always been a gold member, then you're most likely experiencing the issue that is being faced by multiple users at the moment, and is currently being fixed.

Hope this helps!

Link
  10. iLuvGunsAndRock Win User

My Tenure Is Still Wrong

Hey there man!

There has been a new update regarding tenure, of which basically is if you have had a XboxLIVE account for 3 years for example, but only had gold membership for 2 years, your tenure will be set to 2. However, there is also an issue about this. You can review
    the forum thread updates regarding this issue
    HERE
    . However, here is a example of the tenure update fromt hat same forum thread

has finished.

Hope this helps!

Link
Thema:

1. Xbox Live Gold Tenure issues - Similar Threads - Live Gold Tenure

2. Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.: It's been 8 months since the rollout began and I never got it on my profile and I'm on the alpha skip ahead builds on console, I don't know if it's a bug or not? submitted by /u/mtaraylz...
  3. Xbox gold live 3 month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gold live 3 month: Bought a 3 month xbox live gold for my son for Christmas and last month I tried to add it to his console and it would not put it on. Just last week I tried to add it and it said code was not...
  4. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  5. How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?: I still don’t have the Xbox Live Gold profile badge that Xbox gave everyone in September. I have had an active Gold account for many years with no pause. c5b2669f-5fe1-44dc-b9cc-7fa51bea073a
  6. How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...: I need help so I don’t lose my full subscription 94d1d692-146c-48bf-b16a-73f1dd8755b2
  7. I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this: I have xbox live and gold but still can't access gta 5 online nor cod y is this 1ad954fd-c0ed-4a0e-86e0-2de687f621c2
  8. I bought xbox live gold 1 month then a 3 month and none of them are going through what is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox live gold 1 month then a 3 month and none of them are going through what is...: xbox live gold not working 2d99fcab-bff0-4f66-b104-50bf8080a913
  9. Problems with Xbox Live Gold badge

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with Xbox Live Gold badge: Good morning. I've been waiting for a couple of months for the Xbox Live Gold badge to be added to my profile.. What should I do? I have been using the services that Xbox has for many years....
  10. Pls I get an Xbox live gold instead of an Xbox Giftcard. How can I sort this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pls I get an Xbox live gold instead of an Xbox Giftcard. How can I sort this: I mistakenly bought an Xbox live gold card instead of the normal Xbox gift card and now I’m finding it difficult to use it.. any help cb48f477-3a5e-4dab-a79c-22228f23b73d