Xbox Live Gold Sharing isn't working properly

Discus and support Xbox Live Gold Sharing isn't working properly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I use an Xbox Live Gold subscription on my dad's account. I can play online perfectly fine, however I can't download any of the free games without... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ayarax, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Ayarax
    Ayarax Guest

I use an Xbox Live Gold subscription on my dad's account. I can play online perfectly fine, however I can't download any of the free games without having to go on my dad's account.

:)

Ayarax, Jul 17, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

It actually is working properly. Only the account that purchases the subscription can access benefits like Games with Gold, Deals with Gold, etc.
  3. Dakashi Win User

Game sharing isn't working properly

I checked and we are game sharing fine. I also have tried doing a hard reset and removing his account and re adding you. I don't know what else to do.
  4. XBF Meryem R Win User

Game sharing isn't working properly

Hello @Dakashi, I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe you have but a little issue with changing profiles on your console. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The first step you will need to follow is to ensure that your home console is set up correctly, so please follow the link bellow:

Designate a home Xbox | Xbox Support

After you make sure that the account you have the game o is set up correctly please sign out or switch profile, then sign in with the account that does not own the game.

The second step is to make sure that you are signed in with two different profiles.

Please make sure that the profile that does not own the game is the one signed in on the console you made the home xbox. As for the account that owns the game can be signed in on the other console.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  5. Jadigafer7 Win User

Won't allow me to upload captures to OneDrive.

I find that the upload to OneDrive function does not work properly in a lot of cases. To work around it I instead upload the capture to Xbox Live first and then I share it to OneDrive (same method as sharing through messages or to a feed, instead select
    OneDrive as the shared destination). After I have confirmed the capture was properly "shared" (uploaded) to OneDrive, I delete it from Xbox Live and my Xbox.

Not exactly, the most user friendly work around, but it seems to do the trick.
  6. Terrin I Win User

XBox Live Gold and XBL Gold Sharing is no longer working properly

Okay, trying that...

Confirmed that she does not have a home Xbox set.

Choosing "reset and keep my games & apps" per your suggestion... It'll be more work, but telling it not to copy system settings and instead starting fresh in case one of those was the issue...

Confirmed that it is my home XBox. Doing first test (there were two issues that I reported in this comment) by me starting a game (ESO that I get this a lot). Hey, that seemed to work... it did not ask me if I wanted to buy game pass.

Second test. I signed out and signing in my wife... Confirmed that it is still not her home XBox. Starting BL3 (what she's beein playing of late)... Hey, that worked too!

I just hope this "fix" still works when the XBox OS updates again.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live Gold Sharing isn't working properly - Similar Threads - Live Gold Sharing

2. How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?: I have xbox live gold on one of the accounts on my xbox, but when I access a different account on the same Xbox I can no longer use the online features. I have already set my home xbox and all the...
  3. Issue with sharing XBOX live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with sharing XBOX live Gold: Hi, We have an Xbox Live Gold on an XBOX account which also have an XBOX Series X as an Home XBOX. No other users on that XBOX can use the XBOX Live Gold. Tested two different games (Battlefront...
  4. xbox live gold didn’t share with one of my accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live gold didn’t share with one of my accounts: So I have xbox live gold in one of my accounts on my xbox, but when i set it as my home xbox, it didn’t share with one of the accounts on the xbox. So what can I do to get it on that account?...
  5. Want to share my Xbox Live Gold membership with my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to share my Xbox Live Gold membership with my son: I have an Xbox Series X. My son has an Xbox One. I want to share my Xbox Live Gold membership with him. It appears my only options for sharing the membership is to make my Xbox the "primary"...
  6. Xbox Live Gold not sharing with Game share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold not sharing with Game share: Why isn’t game share working for me. My friend has account set as home xbox on my xbox s so he can share his Gold membership, however his membership isn’t being shared with me. Ive made sure the...
  7. Can I share my gold live membership with my xbox360/xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I share my gold live membership with my xbox360/xbox one: I have both xbox 360 and xbox one.... my son activated his golf live membership on the xbox one.. and he has all the features..... my other son plays xbox 360.. we sign on with the name log in......
  8. XBOX ONE SETUP for TWO XBOX Ones - to share Xbox Live Gold Account and 5 Profiles to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE SETUP for TWO XBOX Ones - to share Xbox Live Gold Account and 5 Profiles to play...: I recently bought another Xbox One. The first one is in our Family room (Family Room Xbox) and had Profiles for me, J, A and wife. The second one was installed in our office (Office xbox). I had...
  9. Is there anyway to share xbox live gold on xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to share xbox live gold on xbox 360?: Hello, So I have some codes that allow free xbox live gold, but before I use them I want to know if there is any way to share it with all accounts on my xbox 360....
  10. How many accounts can I share my xbox live gold subscription with?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many accounts can I share my xbox live gold subscription with?: Hello I have a Xbox in my home. So far I had 2 accounts on the console and my Xbox Live gold membership was able to share between the 2 accounts. I have just added a 3rd account. I still have a...