Xbox live Gold Share / Epic games account PROBLEMS!

Discus and support Xbox live Gold Share / Epic games account PROBLEMS! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so my boys both have an xbox each, xbox accounts with different gamer tags and separate email addresses. They share a live gold account via family... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by G®, Jul 12, 2020.

1. G®

Hi, so my boys both have an xbox each, xbox accounts with different gamer tags and separate email addresses. They share a live gold account via family share from Son 1's xbox. Son 1 has an epic games account linked up so that he could play his ps4 friends,
    all has been fine. I now need to link Son 2's account to a separate Epic games account, I create the epic games account with his email address that he has on his console, all is good... I then try to link his xbox account to the epic games account and it says
    that it is already linked to a different epic games account. Presumably it means Son 1's live gold is already attached to Son 1's epic games account and so therefore it's the end of the road. Surely I don't need to pay for two separate live gold accounts
    in order for them to both have linked up epic games accounts? Please can you help. ���� Thanks. ����

:)

2. StuartATrueRed Win User

If they are both using the same console, then this will be easy to sort out. With Son 1's account, log in and make the console the home Xbox. That will then allow Son 2 to use Son 1's Gold subscription at no extra cost. Instructions here

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

You will need to link Son 2's account to a separate Epic account. You can only link one account to an Epic account.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

It's still an easy fix, just a little different. Just log in with son 1's account on son 2's Xbox, and make the console the home Xbox. That will then let Son 2 use son 1's Gold with no extra cost. It just means that Son 1 has to be logged into Xbox Live
    all the time on his console to be able to play his games. There is also no such thing as family share. That is why you have to set up the home console to share games and subscriptions.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

we will treat this as two seperate accounts.

son 1 has an epic account, this is usually created automatically when you sign in to an epic games title.

son 2 should have an account auto created when logging into an epic games account, if you dont know the login details for this then head over to epic games website and log in, select the xbox logo and sign in with the xbox live account for son 2 and follow
    the instructions.

if all else fails contact epic games.

you dont need 2 lots of gold.
  5. Win User

They have an xbox each. Otherwise I wouldn't need to use the family share live gold. Thanks though. 👍��
  6. Win User

Mate I appreciate your help and perhaps my terminology hasn't helped the situation but that is clearly what they already do, share an Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

I've now deleted his epic Games account so in 14 days I will start again and hopefully it will just work itself out .
Thema:

1. Xbox live Gold Share / Epic games account PROBLEMS! - Similar Threads - live Gold Share

2. How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?: I have xbox live gold on one of the accounts on my xbox, but when I access a different account on the same Xbox I can no longer use the online features. I have already set my home xbox and all the...
  3. Issue with sharing XBOX live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with sharing XBOX live Gold: Hi, We have an Xbox Live Gold on an XBOX account which also have an XBOX Series X as an Home XBOX. No other users on that XBOX can use the XBOX Live Gold. Tested two different games (Battlefront...
  4. xbox live gold didn’t share with one of my accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live gold didn’t share with one of my accounts: So I have xbox live gold in one of my accounts on my xbox, but when i set it as my home xbox, it didn’t share with one of the accounts on the xbox. So what can I do to get it on that account?...
  5. Want to share my Xbox Live Gold membership with my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to share my Xbox Live Gold membership with my son: I have an Xbox Series X. My son has an Xbox One. I want to share my Xbox Live Gold membership with him. It appears my only options for sharing the membership is to make my Xbox the "primary"...
  6. Xbox Live Gold not sharing with Game share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold not sharing with Game share: Why isn’t game share working for me. My friend has account set as home xbox on my xbox s so he can share his Gold membership, however his membership isn’t being shared with me. Ive made sure the...
  7. Can I share my gold live membership with my xbox360/xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I share my gold live membership with my xbox360/xbox one: I have both xbox 360 and xbox one.... my son activated his golf live membership on the xbox one.. and he has all the features..... my other son plays xbox 360.. we sign on with the name log in......
  8. XBOX ONE SETUP for TWO XBOX Ones - to share Xbox Live Gold Account and 5 Profiles to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE SETUP for TWO XBOX Ones - to share Xbox Live Gold Account and 5 Profiles to play...: I recently bought another Xbox One. The first one is in our Family room (Family Room Xbox) and had Profiles for me, J, A and wife. The second one was installed in our office (Office xbox). I had...
  9. Is there anyway to share xbox live gold on xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to share xbox live gold on xbox 360?: Hello, So I have some codes that allow free xbox live gold, but before I use them I want to know if there is any way to share it with all accounts on my xbox 360....
  10. How many accounts can I share my xbox live gold subscription with?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many accounts can I share my xbox live gold subscription with?: Hello I have a Xbox in my home. So far I had 2 accounts on the console and my Xbox Live gold membership was able to share between the 2 accounts. I have just added a 3rd account. I still have a...