Xbox Live Gold Prepaid Code Issues

Discus and support Xbox Live Gold Prepaid Code Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I recently redeemed a 1-month Xbox Live Gold Prepaid Code using Microsoft Rewards points. After I redeemed the code everything looked ready to go,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Keychainboy, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Keychainboy
    Keychainboy Guest

Hi,

I recently redeemed a 1-month Xbox Live Gold Prepaid Code using Microsoft Rewards points. After I redeemed the code everything looked ready to go, I was able to download the monthly Games With Gold, and under "my apps and games" it listed Xbox Live Gold
    under "my services and subscriptions". When I wanted to play Rainbow Six Siege with my friends, I got the pop-up advertising Xbox live gold. It took me to the purchase page even though I had already subscribed. I noticed the same thing occured for my other
    online games. I have already cleared the cache and redownloaded my account onto my Xbox One S. It has been over 12 hours and I get the same pop-up. Is there anything I can do to get it fixed? Does it take days for Gold to register on Xbox servers?

:)

Keychainboy, Mar 10, 2018
  2. B-Mitch905
    B-Mitch905 Guest
    Gold subscription does not except prepaid cards.edit

I have used prepaid visa/mastercards in the past and they have worked. I never tried for a gold sub though because I would never pay full retail price for a gold sub

B-Mitch905, Mar 10, 2018
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Mar 10, 2018
  4. Keychainboy
    Keychainboy Guest

It's now been 24 hours since I redeemed the prepaid code.

Keychainboy, Mar 10, 2018
  5. Hi there Keychainboy.

Please try
    removing your profile
    (please ensure you remember your account email and password before doing this step),

power cycling
    your Xbox One console and router/modem and then signing back in. Did that solve the issue?

Also, to clarify, are you able to play online multiplayer over Xbox Live or are you only taken to the page to purchase Xbox Live Gold each time?

Mister Cazador, Mar 10, 2018
  6. Keychainboy
    Keychainboy Guest
    I've already removed and re-added my account multiple times. Every game takes me to purchase Xbox live gold.

Keychainboy, Mar 11, 2018
  7. Thanks for the update on that. Let's have you try signing out of your profile one more time (no need to remove it this time) and then sign back in.

Are you still seeing that message when you try to play online multiplayer? If you're still seeing it, are you still able to play or does it stop you from accessing online multiplayer over Xbox Live?

Mister Cazador, Nov 1, 2018
  8. XBF Ezra G Win User

Why is it not letting me use my gift card

Hey BILLIE,

Thanks for making your post, just to clarify is the issue occuring with a Pre-Paid Microsoft Currency/ Xbox Live Gold gift card? Or a pre-paid Visa debit card?

If this is happening with a Pre-Paid Microsoft Currency/ Xbox Live Gold card please attempt to redeem it following this guide:

How to redeem an Xbox prepaid code

Hope this helps, thanks again!
  9. XBF Leo G Win User

trial code not working

Hello OliviaDavid,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We recommend checking the
    account subscriptions
    to make sure the prepaid code was redeemed successfully. Has the account ever used Xbox Live Gold before? Once an account has utilized the Xbox Live Gold subscription, the account cannot redeem prepaid codes for Xbox Live Gold trails.
    Be sure to let us know the results!
  10. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Gold 14 Day Trial Not Working On Xbox

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Was the 14 day trial applied to the account through a prepaid code? Has the account purchased Xbox Live Gold before? Any account that has previously used Xbox Live Gold is not able to use free trials. If
    there was an issue with a prepaid code, we recommend contacting the
    Xbox Support Team
    to investigate the code. Be sure to let us know the results!
  11. gds1972 Win User

shopping without credit card

12. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Live Gold being converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Hello ImGlob,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning if your Xbox Live Gold prepaid code will convert from 6 months to 2 months of

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
    . Smwutches is correct in stating that the prepaid code will convert from 6 months of Xbox Live Gold to 79 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Smwutches is also correct in stating that you will need to redeem the prepaid code for Xbox
    Live Gold after your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription expires in order to get the full amount of Xbox Live Gold time from the prepaid code. We hope this information helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox Live Gold Prepaid Code Issues - Similar Threads - Live Gold Prepaid

2. 12 month prepaid gold live on xbox series s redeemed but showing $0.00

in XBoX on Consoles
    12 month prepaid gold live on xbox series s redeemed but showing $0.00: Hi, redeemed 2 prepaid £15 gift cards and 12 month gold live. at first wouldnt accept them because of incorrect currency. It turned out 1 of the 2 countries in my account details was showing USA...
  3. Xbox live gold code from prepaid 6month Xbox live gold card not working...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live gold code from prepaid 6month Xbox live gold card not working...: I went to redeem the code for xbox live for 6 months. I entered the code, then it asked if i wanted to set up recurring payments and get an extra month free, so i agreed to that, then it said...
  4. Unable to redeem Xbox live gold prepaid card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to redeem Xbox live gold prepaid card: I purchased a 3 month Xbox live gold prepaid card this week for my xbox (that I just bought). However, when I set up my account and later entered the redeem code for xbox live it told me it had...
  5. What will happen if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription that I got from a prepaid card?

in XBoX on Windows
    What will happen if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription that I got from a prepaid card?: Hi, I recently redeemed a Xbox Live Gold subscription prepaid card and was planning on upgrading it to Ultimate for 1$, or trying to convert it to 4 months of game pass which I had heard from...
  6. Prepaid Xbox Live Gold wants to convert to ultimate, WHY?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Prepaid Xbox Live Gold wants to convert to ultimate, WHY?: Prepaid Xbox Live Gold wants to convert to ultimate why? I don't like the 3 months to 1 month conversion, or I'm wrong? Redeeming your Prepaid Xbox Live Gold 3 Month code will automatically...
  7. Accidentally deleted prepaid xbox live gold 3 month subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally deleted prepaid xbox live gold 3 month subscription: Accidentally deleted prepaid Xbox live gold 3 month subscription. Can I get it back please this was an accident. 124f3592-d767-4853-8206-09683c3d5e9a
  8. Prepaid live gold not working

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Prepaid live gold not working: Prepaid live gold not working. Went back to store twice where they told me to start wasting my day doing this . No error code, just goes to add another way to pay which is [Mod Removed-Profanity]...
  9. Microsoft stole my prepaid months of live gold gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft stole my prepaid months of live gold gold: I have converted my xbox live gold to game pass ulltimate by accident, so I cancelled the payment for ultimate, but it cancelled all the converted months too. I want my months back!!!...
  10. Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has...: Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has autorenew on a credit card? fdcc5aa8-6489-40eb-a3a9-036ff7a0eb7d