XBOX Live Gold not transferring over to new region!!!

Discus and support XBOX Live Gold not transferring over to new region!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I purchased 12 month XBOX live Gold subscription using an XBOX live card from EB Games for my son for Xmas. I set up an Xbox Live account for him... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamWil15, Dec 27, 2015.

1. JamWil15
    JamWil15 Guest

Hi. I purchased 12 month XBOX live Gold subscription using an XBOX live card from EB Games for my son for Xmas. I set up an Xbox Live account for him and then redeemed the code. All good. For some reason the account was set up for the UK so I had to change
    the region to Australia. As a result I have completely lost the Gold subscription. Does not appear anywhere in account and keeps telling me to subscribe to gold again. Code won't redeem again because it says I have already redeemed! Please help!

:)

JamWil15, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Sean2383
    Sean2383 Guest
    Region Changing Problems

Hey Hawk,

I'm not too sure why your friend received a free months xbox live - this isn't something that happens to established gamertags when transferring region. Are you sure he didnt create a new gamer tag to enjoy a month xbox live gold? Or redeem a card of some
    kind?

If you already have gold membership when you transfer, it will transfer with you (provided gold services are available in the new region). If you don't have gold, you will stay a silver member.

Have you moved to a region where Gold is not available?

Sean2383, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Gold Codes

Not sure if you know this, but transferring any codes over Xbox Live is against the

Xbox Live Code of Conduct.
    If you do receive a code for Microsoft-related items such as, Gold Memberships, or game items, do
    not accept the offer. The Xbox Live Enforcement Team can easily find out you are transferring this over Xbox Live. I want you and every gamer to stay safe and have fun on Xbox Live. Just notifying
    you! XBOX Live Gold not transferring over to new region!!! :)

Enjoy gaming! XBOX Live Gold not transferring over to new region!!! :)

Vusl-35A459A4-3624-4FB4-B8DB-5784DDD3E7B1, Dec 27, 2015
  4. Sean2383 Win User

Region Changing Problems

Hey Hawk,

I'm not too sure why your friend received a free months xbox live - this isn't something that happens to established gamertags when transferring region. Are you sure he didnt create a new gamer tag to enjoy a month xbox live gold? Or redeem a card of some
    kind?

If you already have gold membership when you transfer, it will transfer with you (provided gold services are available in the new region). If you don't have gold, you will stay a silver member.

Have you moved to a region where Gold is not available?
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox live migration and games with gold

Currency doesn't transfer over but a gold subscription does.

It won't transfer if it's not a live supported country.

When did you change region & what region did you change it to?

Do you live in the region you've changed your account to?
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Lost my 2 weeks free Gold subscription

When you change region gold trials do not transfer over.
  7. ngocphi Win User

Until you add them to your Gold Family Pack, "Gamertag" will not have access to any Gold Family Pack features.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billi...hange-region#74a5e4979269444288b7e908c6d9ee08

Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack membership

Although your existing Xbox LIVE Gold membership will work in the new region as long as it’s supported there (see the previous section, “Xbox LIVE Gold Membership,” for more information), the associated Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack memberships will remain
    active but might not work like they should.

Even if these memberships stop working, if you have recurring billing, you’ll continue to be charged for your Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack memberships until you cancel at your My account page.

If Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack memberships are available in your new region, you can start a new membership once you’ve changed regions.

If you have trouble canceling your subscription online, contact Xbox Support.

i think this applies to everyone who is already in the family membership not someone who transfers regions

if you had created the family membership and not added someone this may apply you will have to contact support as this is a new tool
  8. RetroFx ✔️ Win User

XBox Live Gold - Added to wrong member in Family Account

Contact Xbox live support and they will transfer over the gold for you :)
Thema:

1. XBOX Live Gold not transferring over to new region!!! - Similar Threads - Live Gold transferring

2. Xbox Live Gold refund or transfer

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold refund or transfer: When purchasing a xbox live gold card for my kids, my elderly dad accidentally redeemed it to his Microsoft account. He doesn't even own an Xbox! What can I do about this?...
  3. Game sharing/transfer with new Xbox Live Gold membership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing/transfer with new Xbox Live Gold membership: My boys have been using the same Xbox One S under different profiles. We have purchased a new Xbox and will be purchasing another Xbox Live Gold membership so they can each have their own. Is it...
  4. Xbox live gold suscription transfer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live gold suscription transfer: Hello! I've activated an Xbox Live gold subscription and I would like to give it to another person. Is it possible to transfer a subscription to another email address?...
  5. Can you transfer Xbox live gold to another account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you transfer Xbox live gold to another account?: My daughter locked herself out of her entire xbox by forgetting all of her login info....so she created a whole new account. Problem is, i pay for her xbox live subscription on the one thats...
  6. Xbox live gold didn’t transfer to new xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold didn’t transfer to new xbox: I had bought xbox live gold the year membership a few months ago and got a new xbox for Christmas. The xbox live didn’t not transfer to the new xbox with my account. How do I get my member ship to...
  7. Can you transfer xbox live gold?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you transfer xbox live gold?: Hi! I'm about to transfer my original xbox one account to my xbox one all-digital edition. Does my xbox live gold transfer from my original xbox one as well? Or do I need to buy xbox live gold...
  8. transfer xbox live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transfer xbox live gold: Our Xbox died and I brought one on ebay second hand. How do I transfer my Xbox live gold account to the new console please? Thanks Amanda 78bf92a3-83da-4d06-8307-616364c0b270
  9. Transfer Xbox live gold to new account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Xbox live gold to new account: how do i do the action mentioned in the subject? The xbox has the worst user interface on the planet. It is basically a PC why can’t I plug a USB keyboad into it? My son had an account on a...
  10. Transfer Xbox Live Gold subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Xbox Live Gold subscription: When renewing my son’s Xbox Live Gold subscription it was connected to my Xbx account instead of his. For him to use it I have to be logged in to Xbox all the time, which unables me to limit his...