Xbox live gold For Bought Physical games

Discus and support Xbox live gold For Bought Physical games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have this problem, I want to play a game that requires a disc, it was bought from a video game shop and the game is for xbox, so, I turn the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FrozasFrozas, Feb 27, 2020.

1. FrozasFrozas
    FrozasFrozas Guest

So I have this problem, I want to play a game that requires a disc, it was bought from a video game shop and the game is for xbox, so, I turn the game on and press "a" to start loading it and then I get a pop up kind of thing asking me to buy xbox life and
    a week ago I could play no problem and my account existed for about 2 years if I am correct. I know it is not new and it was on my xbox for several months now, what the hell is going on? Why do I have to pay money to use something I bought???

The game is multiplayer only (Overwatch)

:)

FrozasFrozas, Feb 27, 2020
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

Gaming consoles - Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch - have paid online services. Those fees maintain the servers used to play the games and connect the players together. It's no different than if you buy a PC game that has online multiplayer
    components - you must purchase the service (in this case, Internet access) that connects you to the other players.

Console games with single-player components can be played without an online subscription, but any multiplayer content will be unavailable until such a subscription is purchased. "Overwatch" is a multiplayer-only title, which is why it requires an Xbox Live
    Gold subscription, just as playing on PlayStation 4 would require a PlayStation Plus subscription and playing on Nintendo Switch would require a Switch Online subscription.
  3. XBA_Hype Win User

its always been the way some games especially those that are specifically online play will require an Xbox live gold membership.

heres a handy link -> Connecting to Xbox live
  4. AridLizard Win User

So I have this problem, I want to play a game that requires a disc, it was bought from a video game shop and the game is for xbox, so, I turn the game on and press "a" to start loading it and then I get a pop up kind of thing asking me to buy xbox life and
    a week ago I could play no problem and my account existed for about 2 years if I am correct. I know it is not new and it was on my xbox for several months now, what the hell is going on? Why do I have to pay money to use something I bought???

The game is multiplayer only (Overwatch)
    the game may have included a subscription to Live Gold as some multiplayer games include either a 1 or 3 month subscription to get you started.

check https://account.microsoft.com/services/ to see if you have a recent subscription that has ended.

if this is the case you may have also incurred a past due balance that will need to be cleared before a new subscription can be purchased
  5. FrozasFrozas Win User

I get the lightbulb thing but, if the disc was for a pc I would not need the subscription which is confusing well atleast such things dont exist for mobile and please dont make them exist.
  6. annix Win User

You should also note on the rear of the box thay it says Xbox Live Gold is required for multiplayer. This is sort of like purchasing a lightbulb, yeah you own the lighbulb, but you need to pay your electricity bill for it to work. Online multiplayer uses
    Microsoft's Xbox Live service, which is a premium subscription.
Thema:

1. Xbox live gold For Bought Physical games - Similar Threads - live gold Bought

2. I bought xbox live gold 1 month then a 3 month and none of them are going through what is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox live gold 1 month then a 3 month and none of them are going through what is...: xbox live gold not working 2d99fcab-bff0-4f66-b104-50bf8080a913
  3. I bought a xbox live gold supscription, but it is not updated on my xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a xbox live gold supscription, but it is not updated on my xbox: I bought a Xbox Live Gold subscription for my son on his gamertag, but it is not updated on his Xbox, although I have confirmation that the purchase went through....
  4. I just bought Xbox live gold and it’s not letting me play 2k23 park

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought Xbox live gold and it’s not letting me play 2k23 park: This is some bs I hate this type of stuff I need your help asap b982c54d-c961-425b-9500-87db5e702c6e
  5. I remember last year when I bought the 12 month Xbox gold live card I entered 17 character...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I remember last year when I bought the 12 month Xbox gold live card I entered 17 character...: I bought my Xbox live from Amazon, same as last year. The codes are not 25 characters long, they are 17 and once you enter it in Microsoft.com/redeem, they send you a 25 character code. Is that...
  6. I bought an Xbox live gold card at Walmart and I used selfcheckout and I don’t think it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought an Xbox live gold card at Walmart and I used selfcheckout and I don’t think it was...: I bought an Xbox live gold card at Walmart and I used selfcheckout and I don’t think it was activated because the code isn’t going through, can some one help me? 2edba3a0-a6f3-41b6-8871-9b629e75943c
  7. Somebody please help me. I bought xbox Live gold ultimate so I could play online on forza...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Somebody please help me. I bought xbox Live gold ultimate so I could play online on forza...: Somebody please help me. I bought xbox Live gold ultimate so I could play online on forza horizon 4 but I don't know why forza horizion 4 keeps saying I need xbox live gold...
  8. Bought an xbox live gold card and said it was already redeemed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought an xbox live gold card and said it was already redeemed: I recently bought a card from walmart, nothing seemed off about it but when I put in the code it said it was already redeemed? When i put the code in on the website it also says it was already...
  9. I bought Xbox live gold but it got converted to game pass ultimate but I only wanted Gold...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox live gold but it got converted to game pass ultimate but I only wanted Gold...: Hi so a few days ago I got a Xbox live gold card for 12 months but when I entered the code on my Xbox it all got converted to 4 months of Xbox game pass ultimate and I didn’t want that is their...
  10. Compre Xbox Live gold pero no puedo jugar online[I bought Xbox Live gold but I can't play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Compre Xbox Live gold pero no puedo jugar online[I bought Xbox Live gold but I can't play...: Se termino el periodo de gratuito de game pass y no me deja jugar online con xbox gold [Translation - Game pass free period is over and it won't let me play online with xbox gold]...