Xbox Live Gold codes in other countries

Discus and support Xbox Live Gold codes in other countries in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My sister is currently living in Singapore and is considering Live Gold for her 360. Can she buy a code for a 12 month subscription (or 3 month) from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ViolentTheses, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Xbox Live Gold codes in other countries

My sister is currently living in Singapore and is considering Live Gold for her 360. Can she buy a code for a 12 month subscription (or 3 month) from the US and have it work with her Xbox. It's a US Xbox she brought with her. I don't thin I they've
    got very connected it to the Internet. They also apparently have some sort of VPN router or som thing that can make their Internet connection look like a US one (to get US Netflix and Comcast Xfinity).

:)

ViolentTheses, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Jarjar
    Jarjar Guest
    Xbox One anniversary coming soon!

this made my day I was given a Xbox Live gold code
    Hi

Jarjar, Jan 5, 2014
  3. xbox live in U.S.A

Unfortunately issues will arise not only when using subscriptions from other countries, but accounts from other countries, too. In order to play on LIVE without issue in the US, you would need a US Gamertag and gold subscription.

Mister Fitzer, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

No. Live codes are region locked so she would have to buy it in Singapore.

Daft Badger, Jan 5, 2014
  5. I thought live codes were not region locked on account credit and MSP were

The Viral Cyrix, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    Prepaid Gold membership codes should be multiregional but prepaid cash and points are region locked. If she has a US credit card attached to her account it shouldn't be a problem buying membership and adding money to her account if it is an American account.
    Interesting how she can spoof her internet connection to think it is an American connection as it shouldn't be possible to access region locked apps.

Auswulf, Jan 6, 2014
  7. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Changed last year.Live sub codes are now region locked.

Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Auswulf Win User

Prepaid Gold membership codes should be multiregional but prepaid cash and points are region locked. If she has a US credit card attached to her account it shouldn't be a problem buying membership and adding money to her account if it is an American account.
    Interesting how she can spoof her internet connection to think it is an American connection as it shouldn't be possible to access region locked apps.
  9. Daft Badger Win User

Changed last year.Live sub codes are now region locked.
  10. The Viral Cyrix Win User

I thought live codes were not region locked on account credit and MSP were
  11. Daft Badger Win User

No. Live codes are region locked so she would have to buy it in Singapore.
  12. TheVet96 Win User

Microsoft Store

Hello Master Liu Kang!

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the regions of the store for digital codes.

Making sure your Xbox digital subscription is valid for your country

Important changes for Xbox Live customers who purchase digital codes from the Microsoft Store or other third-party resellers:

• To ensure that pricing for the Xbox Live Gold subscription service reflects the local market economies, all Xbox Live Gold subscription cards will now only be redeemable in the country purchased and cannot be redeemed in any other country.
    • If you’re purchasing an Xbox Live Gold subscription card online, we strongly recommend that you purchase the card from the country that you live in to avoid potential issues. This includes purchases from third-party online resellers who advertise lower-priced
      codes than retail value.
    Below is the link to everything about making sure you only buy codes or subscriptions in your region.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/bill...ur-xbox-subscription-is-valid-in-your-country
Thema:

1. Xbox Live Gold codes in other countries - Similar Threads - Live Gold codes

2. Where is the cheapest and most reliable place you can buy a digital Xbox Live Gold code?

in XboX Insiders
    Where is the cheapest and most reliable place you can buy a digital Xbox Live Gold code?: Where is the cheapest and most reliable place you can buy a digital Xbox Live Gold code? submitted by /u/ThaEmceeToby [link] [comments]
  3. Can I redeem a Xbox Live 24 Month Gold game code before my current membership has expired?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I redeem a Xbox Live 24 Month Gold game code before my current membership has expired?: Can I redeem a Xbox Live 24 Month Gold game code before my current membership has expired? I am getting a message that it will be converted to a shorted time span, doesn't make sense...
  4. Code 0x803f800b Despite owning game and updated xbox live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Code 0x803f800b Despite owning game and updated xbox live gold: As the title states, I already own Forza Horizon 5 Premium bundle and I just renewed my subscription to Xbox live gold , but when I launch the game it gives me a code 0x803f800b "Looks like you...
  5. Не могу активировать код Xbox Live Gold|Can't redeem Xbox Live Gold code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Не могу активировать код Xbox Live Gold|Can't redeem Xbox Live Gold code: Не активируется карта оплаты Xbox Live Gold "К сожалению, произошла непредвиденная ошибка. Сведения о ней зафиксированы, мы постараемся выяснить еЁ причину. Попробуйте активировать свой код ещЁ...
  6. Xbox Live Gold Code Doesnt Work, Geoblocked

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live Gold Code Doesnt Work, Geoblocked: Hey guys, I have a problem. As I am a student and wanted to save some money for xbox live gold, I purchased 12 months xbox live for turkey, since it was around 20 dollars cheaper. I red about the...
  7. Xbox LIVE Gold 12 Month card, invalid code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox LIVE Gold 12 Month card, invalid code: I bought an Xbox LIVE Gold 12 Month card yesterday afternoon. I entered the code just now on my Xbox, but says the code is invalid. I've re-entered the code using the controller keypad and...
  8. Refunding an Xbox Live Gold Code

in XBoX Accessibility
    Refunding an Xbox Live Gold Code: Hello, yesterday I bought an Xbox Live Gold in Media Expert online shop and used that code. Then I bought an Xbox Ultimate Game Pass for one month and my Gold was converted into Ultimate. So, as a...
  9. Problem: GamePass Ultimate 4 month subscription instead of xbox live Gold 12 month (code)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem: GamePass Ultimate 4 month subscription instead of xbox live Gold 12 month (code): Hello, I am coming to you because I encountered a problem. I recently purchased a 12 month xbox code from Instant Gaming along with a friend. For this friend no problem, whereas for me, this...
  10. Xbox Live Gold Digital Code Validity Period

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold Digital Code Validity Period: hello, I want to buy and save a Xbox Live Gold: 12 Month Membership [Digital Code] via Amazon offical, But I am not sure if the digital code has an expiration time. please tell me how long this...