Xbox Live Gold auto-renew

Discus and support Xbox Live Gold auto-renew in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I haven't used my Xbox for some time now so decided to cancel my subscription. There is nothing wrong with it - I have a new job that is taking up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NotYouKelvin, Jan 7, 2016.

1. NotYouKelvin
    NotYouKelvin Guest

I haven't used my Xbox for some time now so decided to cancel my subscription.

There is nothing wrong with it - I have a new job that is taking up much of my time.

So before Christmas, I logged on to cancel the auto renewal.

It said my card had expired therefore I assumed I didn't need to do anything - the transaction would simply be declined.

I found out yesterday that the transaction DID go through.

So, how do I get you to refund the money? (I have now turned auto renew off, which I should have done in the first place)

Or do I speak to my bank as technically, they shouldn't have allowed the transaction to pass. I believe if I query it they will refund me (that is normally the case with a direct debit but I'm not sure about this).

Thanks in advance.

:)

NotYouKelvin, Jan 7, 2016
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Jan 7, 2016
  3. big problem need help

support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

Turn off auto renew.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 7, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hello Captain,

You will want to speak with Phone Support as they are the best-placed to deal with this and should be able to help you out:

support.xbox.com/contact-us

maxen, Jan 7, 2016
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    As Maxen already told you, contact support to handle that. But:

[quote user="Captain C0deye"]It said my card had expired therefore I assumed I didn't need to do anything - the transaction would simply be declined.[/quote]

Do NOT do that in the future.

Microsoft (and other companies with automated billing systems) uses a lot of automation in the billing process. If a payment is attempted but can't be made due to an expired card, your account will be flagged for a payment violation, and you won't be able
    to use prepaid cards, or use any other paid Microsoft services like Groove Music or Xbox Video for example.

Depending on the country and the amount Microsoft was unable to withdraw, it might even go as far as to taint your credit history, making it difficult to get phone plans, loans or bank credit in severe cases.

So do NEVER assume that a subscription will simply end just because your card expires. Instead, most companies will automatically flag you as a non paying customer, and you don't want that on your credit report. ;-)

Arminator, Jan 7, 2016
  6. Sinulog16
    Sinulog16 Guest
    In addition to what AnimatorX said, the system will send you a notification email week or month before the subscription renews so that the account user will be aware for its renewal. Furthermore, if the payment instrument was not able to settle or pay the
    renewal charge on the day it renewed, the system will provide one month allowance to pay it.

By any chance, the card was not able to pay the renewal charge for two months, it will be suspended and will later on be canceled. Your payment instrument then can no longer be used to make purchases online.

Sinulog16, Oct 31, 2018
  7. RobertReido Win User

2 Months for £2

No, your gold membership will not be affected even if you turn off Auto-Renewal.

PLEASE NOTE: If you deactivate Auto-Renewal. Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will end on the date of expiration.
  8. M4RV 71 Win User

2 Months for £2

No your gold subscription will not get cancelled if you turn auto renewal off.

This support thread shows you how to turn auto renewal off

This paragraph in that support thread also states that your gold membership will run until the end of the paid period if you turn auto renewal off:

Important: Important: If you turn off auto-renewal, your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will expire at the end of your paid membership time. Until then, you can continue to enjoy all the benefits of Xbox LIVE membership.
  9. THEOWENKILLER Win User

big problem need help

Turn off auto renew.
  10. MB5656 Win User

Account has Been suspended. Need help!

yes you can cancel auto renewal go here:

support.xbox.com/.../renew-xbox-live-gold-account

hope that helps :)
  11. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Quick Question about the 1 month 1 dollar Gold program

Thema:

1. Xbox Live Gold auto-renew - Similar Threads - Live Gold auto

2. Refund for Live Gold auto renewal

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refund for Live Gold auto renewal: Hi, Just noticed a 49.99 charge through PayPal for Xbox Live Gold dates 16th February. I did not know it was set to auto renew. I would not have purchased at the moment as I barely have the money...
  3. Xbox Live Gold Auto-Renewal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold Auto-Renewal: When you create an Xbox account, does it assume you want auto-renewable? I barely play my xbox (let alone with other people) so there's no reason to (and I don't remember) setting up auto-renewal....
  4. Xbox Live Gold Not Auto Buying

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Not Auto Buying: So yesterday my xbox gold live expired so I put 15 credits on it and the next day it didnt buy I ALWAYS do this and it buys the next day. 98c4c6f9-bb85-4423-b785-cf5ab63651a6
  5. Xbox Live Gold auto-renewal deactivated, gold is gone yet the payment has gone through.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold auto-renewal deactivated, gold is gone yet the payment has gone through.: Hello, Today I got a message on my Paypal that the auto renewal payment for 3 months xbox live gold went through, I was like okay I must have forgotten to turn it off. So I went to turn it off on...
  6. I need a refund on my Xbox live gold. Say I had auto renewal off but I still had to pay.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a refund on my Xbox live gold. Say I had auto renewal off but I still had to pay.: I need my money back and you guys can have your gold back. I hadn’t auto renewal off but thank you guys. 6166e3e4-49b0-4d5e-94f8-7f91c28b3066
  7. Was charged for Xbox Live Gold even though I turned off auto-renew

in XBoX on Consoles
    Was charged for Xbox Live Gold even though I turned off auto-renew: I canceled my Xbox Live Gold subscription but was charged a week later even though I turned off auto-renew multiple days before it was set to start another month. I was confused as it told me I...
  8. Need help to get refund for auto-renewal Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help to get refund for auto-renewal Xbox Live Gold: Hello! 23 January 2018 from my account automatically debited the amount of RUR 599 for a Xbox Live Gold subscription 1 month. Please cancel my subscription and refund my money 599 RUR to my...
  9. How do I cancel a xBox Gold Live 12 month membership that is due to be auto-renewed

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I cancel a xBox Gold Live 12 month membership that is due to be auto-renewed: I'm trying to cancel the auto-renew for my Sons xBox Live gold 12 month subscription. I received an email reminding me that my Sons subscription is up for auto-renew on 1st November. There was a...
  10. Can't disable Xbox Live auto-renewal payment for GOLD subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't disable Xbox Live auto-renewal payment for GOLD subscription: I log in my accaunt, go to "Servises and subscriptions", and get error: Bad Request - Request Too Long HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long. Sometimes I can go to tab...