xbox live gold access on home console profiles

Discus and support xbox live gold access on home console profiles in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have xbox live gold and it works fine on my profile. I have set up home console so my son can use Gold too, if needed, and I do have age restrictions... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sam 250065, Mar 27, 2021.

1. sam 250065
    sam 250065 Guest

I have xbox live gold and it works fine on my profile. I have set up home console so my son can use Gold too, if needed, and I do have age restrictions in place for him. When he plays Destiny 2 the various elements that require gold membership are blocked, with the message 'gold membership required'. Again, this only affect his profile, not mine.

Is this a problem of the gold account not being picked up by his profile, or is it related to the age restrictions I have set?

:)

sam 250065, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Richard Sticky Win User

trying to share my gold and it wont work

1. Sign into your Xbox that you intend to use the Non-Gold profile with and set to the Home Xbox.

2. Sign into your other Non-home Xbox with your Gold Account.

The idea is that the console that you use non gold profiles on should be set to the home Xbox. This way you can sign into any other Xbox with the gold account and access gold while the other non gold profiles access gold from the home Xbox.
  3. iTz x IMoNsTeRI Win User

Xbox Live

Make the account with Xbox Live gold the Home Xbox. Once that is done you can then access Xbox Live gold on other profiles that are in that xbox.
  4. x24hrs2livex Win User

xbox gold

First you should subscribe to xbox live gold. After signing up for gold, set your console as the home console for that account. To do that go to settings and scroll to the bottom to change your home console or leave it as is. After that is done just add
    profiles to your console, and they can have access to gold features
  5. annix Win User

Two xbox one consoles in one home

When a profile has a subscription like EA Access, Xbox Live Gold or GamePass Ultimate, they share their subscriptions and digital games with every other profile on the console they’ve set as their “Home Consle”. That profile will still have access to those
    games and subscriptions on any other console, but the profiles on any second console will not have access to the same shared games and subscriptions as they do on the home console, UNLESS the profile with the games and subscriptions is signed in. I hope that
    helps! Here’s a link to a bit more info on your Home Console settings : https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  6. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Xbox live gold family (not really the whole family)

The feature for accounts on the Xbox One called the Home Console will share out the games and subscription from your profile/account when your set your account as the Home Console.

Then every other account on the Xbox will be able to access those games and be able to play online as if they have Xbox Live gold, without having to pay extra for that. This allows for more people then the old family plan ever did.

When that profile is set as the Home Console, then that profile does not need to be signed in.

On your second Xbox, sign in with your profile that has Xbox Live Gold and then have the other accounts sign in and now they will be able to play online as if they have gold since your account with gold is signed in.

So that gives you access to two console both with access to the games and Xbox Live belonging to just that one profile. Again, the Home Console feature give you far more than the family plan did for the 360.

The 12 month subscriptions will go on sale or are online on sale at times for $39. You get 4 free games a month plus discounts because of having the subscription.

With stating that Xbox "lies" and "ripping families off" maybe this isn't the system for you. I'd suggest you might do your research and see what the competition really gives you.

Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on Xbox One

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
Thema:

1. xbox live gold access on home console profiles - Similar Threads - live gold access

2. Unable to access Xbox Live Gold games even though I have game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to access Xbox Live Gold games even though I have game pass: So back when I had Xbox Live Gold I got The Division as a Gold game, and I recently decided to play it again. However whenever I go to open the game it says I need to renew my Xbox Subscription...
  3. do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3: would very much like to know if i can get the golden and diamond keys in borderlands 3 just by progressing in the game, or do i need an x-box live account, 6a959c65-0ce2-4cbc-873e-18266d3b5e11
  4. Xbox Live Gold access on single 'home' Xbox Series S for family member

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold access on single 'home' Xbox Series S for family member: I have what feels like it should be a simple set up. New Xbox Series S machine set as my Home Xbox. Family account set up so that my son has his own profile. I have purchased Game Pass Ultimate...
  5. Is there anyway to cancel an xbox live gold subscription to an account I can't access anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there anyway to cancel an xbox live gold subscription to an account I can't access anymore?: So it turns out my mum had been paying for both my old and new xbox live gold subscriptions without realising, and now i can't access my old account as we don't remember the email and password and...
  6. New Game Pass Ultimate Owner, ZERO access to Xbox Gold Live for a $1

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Game Pass Ultimate Owner, ZERO access to Xbox Gold Live for a $1: I just got a new Xbox Series S and Game Pass Ultimate for a $1 but I can’t access any of the online multiplayer servers via the Xbox Live Gold that supposedly comes with Game Pass Ultimate. I...
  7. Xbox insider "no xbox live gold requirement" early access

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox insider "no xbox live gold requirement" early access: hi, this is a question for Xbox. I joined the xbox insider omega deal thing to access the upcoming no "xbox-live-gold-requirement" feature and when i went onto a free multiplayer game like...
  8. Does fornite require xbox live gold as it is in early access??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does fornite require xbox live gold as it is in early access??: As the xbox insider said that the members in xbox insiders can play free to play games without live gold and fortnite is in early access can i play fortnite without gold membership??...
  9. I purchased a 1 month Xbox Live Gold Subscription two days ago and I still can't access...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I purchased a 1 month Xbox Live Gold Subscription two days ago and I still can't access...: I purchased a 1 month Xbox Live Gold Subscription two days ago on the official xbox.com site and I still can't access Xbox Live Gold benefits. I've tried deleting my Xbox profile from my Xbox and...
  10. $1 Per Day Xbox Live Gold Access

in XboX Insiders
    $1 Per Day Xbox Live Gold Access: As working adults, we cannot play Xbox as much as we used to. We still want to play occasionally, including online, but we rarely have the time to do so. We should not have to pay for a full...