Xbox Live: Gamertag Takedown & Enforcement Problems

Discus and support Xbox Live: Gamertag Takedown & Enforcement Problems in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello r/xboxinsiders and a happy new year. I was referred to this subreddit through the xbox section of answers.microsoft.com by an xbox ambassador... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Jaspa92, Jan 1, 2020.

1. /u/Jaspa92
    /u/Jaspa92 Guest

Hello r/xboxinsiders and a happy new year.

I was referred to this subreddit through the xbox section of answers.microsoft.com by an xbox ambassador after having quite a negative experience with the "enforcement team" as a result of a gamertag complaint against me, the procedures in place to contest or even communicate this situation and altogether the manner which this has been handled by xbox live.

My 13 year old Gold account which has had the same gamertag for its whole lifespan received a "gamertag takedown" for "profanity". The first indication of this to me was on 28/12/19 with my personal gamertag automatically and abruptly being randomly reassigned to an xbox live :adjective+noun+numbers: style with an automated email from the enforcement team notifying me of the action.

The only official way to contest or question this takedown in any way was to go through the Xbox Live enforcement system online where I was told that:

• I couldn't call xbox live customer services about the issue at all and was implied at with further punishment if I were to call with this problem
    • To contest the complaint and have it reviewed at all I had fill a patronising & quite domineering questionnaire of around 14 yes/no prompts, which if I were to get any incorrect would have to be started again and if failed 3x would void my chance of filing any appeal(passed first time, no issue)
    • My appeal was restricted to 500 characters
    • If my appeal was to fail I would not be entitled to a free gamertag change of my choice due to this feature apparently being 'taken advantage of' by others - I've never previously changed my tag

Following my appeal the complaint was quickly upheld and I was brickwalled from calling customer service, stuck with a appalling gamertag with now my only option from Microsoft being pay money to alter it and shut up; which I find absolutely humiliating. As a long time subscriber who has put over a decade of my life into my account and spent heaps of money along the way doing so with no issues from anybody up til now I feel incredibly let down and disenchanted by xbox live service and particularly aggravated the compartmentalised & unaccountable Enforcement Team, which can't be reasoned with despite seemingly being a part of the paid for and subscribed to xbox live services.

Over the years of using my profile I've been very visible using my gamertag playing some of the most popular games at peak times in their lifecycles; from Halo 3 on release, Gears of War's on releases, Forza, 1vs100, to Crackdown and alot of Call of Duty. I've also had to call into customer services about my profile in regards to warranties for RRoD 360's, syncing under-lapping offline achievements and billing in regards to my profile - so it's always been visible and I'd never directly received a complaint about my gamertag from a standard member of xbox live to me nor an investigation from anyone official over all those years. So safe to assume it was deemed to be acceptable, benign and non-profane for a very long time, even through official xbox channels.

I dont know if it's appropriate to outright say what my gamertag was in here as it was removed from the official xbox live chat. But it was two words, one to describe an uncoordinated/clumsy person or a spasm and the the other a flightless avian sold in KFC. Spelt clearly with no 1337 frills, and with the words together but capitalised.

Admittedly now the word which certainly caused this issue has gathered more stigma over time, as far as I'm aware it's deemed to be non-offensive in the US but has probably picked up more controversy over that time in different parts of the world. It was never my intention to offend anyone with my gamertag, I originally just made it to be unique and reflective of my playstyle at times. If prompted respectfully and officially formally or informally about this issue I'd have accepted to changing the tag when free to do so(if I could think of one which isn't taken), and gone about playing with my friends & online in this understanding just fine. Now potentially another issue is if I were acquire a new gamertag with wording which is currently deemed inoffensive but in 10 years time could possibly be, I'd be dragged through this same horrible situation.

So far this ordeal has made me feel very disenchanted with xbox live and how paying longstanding subscribers are being dealt with in these situations. I've been forced to come to Reddit of all places looking for answers and resolutions with Microsoft & Xbox live, and it was obvious looking at the usage of my account that I haven't been out to offend or upset anyone.

Now something which I have worked on and enjoyed for a very long time has been defaced, my profile honestly doesn't feel like mine anymore and I am completely disappointed in the official handling of this. My initial thought has been to sell my console & games and never put another penny towards xbox or live services if I'm to be treated with disdain & disrespect while having been a loyal customer/subscriber whose been open to communication for over 13 years.

I don't know if anyone here would be accountable in this at all or will be able to help me, or if people have been through this problem. To me it feels so pathetic whining about this issue, if an appropriate xbox service was available I'd have better understanding and wouldn't be so frustrated. I suspect part of the reason in sending me here is to flame me and indirectly quash the issue but I'll anticipate your comments just fine.

Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/Jaspa92
    [link] [comments]

/u/Jaspa92, Jan 1, 2020
  2. XBF Nestor S Win User

Xbox gamertag takedown

Hey there Zac thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us.

We are sorry to hear about any issues you may be having due to an enforcement action (forced GT change). Unfortunately as this is forum support, you will not be able to reach the enforcement team here, and
    we wouldn't be able to assist further.

We would recommend to take a look at
    Microsoft’s Code of Conduct Explained for Xbox Live Customers
    and our Enforcement teams page regarding
    Forced GT changes

Please visit our
    Code of Conducton
    the enforcement site to find out how to stay safe.

We'll be locking the thread as this has no further resolution and in an effort to prevent repetitive answers.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox gamertag takedown

For information about why it was changed and to see about submitting a case review, you would need to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox gamertag takedown

Unfortunately there's nothing that Xbox Support can do in situations like this, all the enforcement side of things is handled exclusively by the Enforcement team. So you'd need to file a case review if you're eligible and have an issue with the action taken
    against your account.

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-GB/home/howTo#sub-topic0-6
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

6 years ago I received a suspension

Hi there Neonatron,

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, the only way to contact the Enforcement Team is through the Enforcement website.

First, check your
    Enforcement History
    . This page displays any enforcement actions associated with an account, including suspensions, forced Gamertag changes, and content takedowns. Enforcement History also shows when each enforcement was
    issued and when it ends (if applicable), and includes an overview of the violation and how the enforcement impacts the account’s access to Xbox Live.

In addition to Enforcement History, we recommend reviewing the following resources:

• Visit the
      Xbox Live Suspensions
      page to learn about different types of suspensions and how they impact you
    • Visit the
      Enforcement Reciprocity
      page to learn about how enforcement actions are implemented on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Xbox on Windows
    • Visit the
      Stay Safe
      section to get a rundown of Code of Conduct violations, what they mean, and why they negatively impact the Xbox Live service
    Hope this helps.
  6. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

perma banned for 0 reasons, even the email said so

Hi, everything relating to suspension, bans, takedowns, etc, relates to the enforcement team.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live: Gamertag Takedown & Enforcement Problems - Similar Threads - Live Gamertag Takedown

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. I can't log in Xbox Live, When I enter my gamertag and press next, nothing happens.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in Xbox Live, When I enter my gamertag and press next, nothing happens.: I can't log in Xbox Live in order to enter Minecraft launcher, please help me, I'm a Russian playerin order to enter Minecraft launcher, please help me, I'm a Russian player...
  4. Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...: I changed my gamertag for free once and I don't like it. (This is on a different account. I am just using this one for the form.) 2a2f7bbf-a2ac-49fd-9d0f-0249cf741282
  5. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.: When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Indonesia. I have seen this problem around before but no fixes that work...
  6. Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account: Hi! I have a problem with my gamertag. I have a second account which had the same gamertag as my main one, though there are numbers on my main account’s gamertag. So, I paid the $10 required to...
  7. Can I recover my Xbox live account with Gamertag and additional info regarding the account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover my Xbox live account with Gamertag and additional info regarding the account: Hi! I can't access my Xbox live account and I can't figure out the email address I used to create it. I used the account to play Sea of Thieves on PC. I can provide Steam account that was linked...
  8. Impossible to change my gamertag on Xbox Live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Impossible to change my gamertag on Xbox Live: Hey, I want to change my gamertag on Xboxlive Unfortunalety, I can't confirm the action: I'm just stock on the "Here's what your gamertag will look like" with the lovely green bottom "Change...
  9. xbox live signup wont let me pick any gamertag no matter what i do

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live signup wont let me pick any gamertag no matter what i do: i have refreshed my page, keysmashed, used generators, and everything, but this stupid thing wont let me sign up. its not even suggesting me gamertags im so stressed i have my stupid little...
  10. Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account: I know a lot of people have the same problem: it is not possible to move yout Xbox Live Account to a diferent Microsoft Account. For example, in my case, my sister and I created my Xbox Live...