Xbox live ending on 360 in 2016?

Discus and support Xbox live ending on 360 in 2016? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Of course the 360 servers are used for backwards compatibility,not sure why you think they aren't. Halo 2 used to run on the original xbox servers so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kine Jester, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Of course the 360 servers are used for backwards compatibility,not sure why you think they aren't.

Halo 2 used to run on the original xbox servers so of course the online shut down when live shut down for the original xbox.

Daft Badger, Feb 1, 2016
  2. CHAD TPRUITT
    CHAD TPRUITT Guest
    Yes...i did not word my post right. For some reason people think if a 360 game is bc, its' servers will continue even after the 360's servers themselves are shut down. It won't happen. Once the the 360 servers are gone, all 360 titles, bc or not, will
    lose their online components. Individual developers could create their own tho.

CHAD TPRUITT, Feb 3, 2016
  3. eber3
    eber3 Guest
    Yeah, but the point is that since they have made BC 360 games for the X1, the 360 servers will stay up a lot longer then they would have without it. In fact, it's possible the 360 servers may stay up for the life of the X1 just so the X1 retains the BC feature.

eber3, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Xbox live ending on 360 in 2016?

I have a good feeling that the 360 servers will continue the lifespan of the XB1. Now that they have been giving away all of the 360 games for Games With Gold it would be highly contested if they shut the servers off and everyone loses all those games they
    paid for with their Gold subscription.

The backwards compatibility is basically running emulation in the XB1 environment. That is why you can play online with 360 users, and all of the menu systems (friends, achievements) work just like a 360 when you are in the game.

XBOX BLACKSTAR, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: