Xbox live ending on 360 in 2016?

Discus and support Xbox live ending on 360 in 2016? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Anyone have info on when/ if Xbox Live will not be supported on Xbox360 sometime in 2016? I bought one as a gift this Christmas and starting to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kine Jester, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Kine Jester
    Kine Jester Guest

Anyone have info on when/ if Xbox Live will not be supported on Xbox360 sometime in 2016? I bought one as a gift this Christmas and starting to question my decision...

:)

Kine Jester, Dec 29, 2015
  2. pauliejoseph
    pauliejoseph Guest
    pauliejoseph, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Xbox keeps telling me theres a problem when redeeming a prepaid live card

i've tried both on xbox 360 and on the pc and i keep getting an error saying something went wrong. i don't know whats going on but my live is ending soon and i have a 12+1m card im trying to redeem

xaGuyUnderYoux, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Xbox live ending on 360 in 2016?

No it won't be coming to an end in 2016. I don't know where you've got that information from, but its false. In any case, with Xbox 360 backwards compatibility, and the ability to play these games on Xbox Live via an Xbox One, I'm pretty sure Live for
    360 is safe for many more years to come.

Obsessive Power, Dec 29, 2015
  5. Kine Jester
    Kine Jester Guest
  6. I don't think we will see 360 support get dropped next year. Xbox still has a lot of 360 users purchasing content (movies, games, etc...) It is even popular enough to continue Games with Gold on the system. It won't last forever, but I don't see the plug
    getting pulled in 2016.

XBOX BLACKSTAR, Dec 29, 2015
  7. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    The Microsoft person who made the comment just suggested that it would run for at least 3 more years. It was not an official statement that it would end. At the time, backwards compatibility was not available and didn't look like it was coming at all. With
    backwards compatibility available, the 360 servers will probably be running for quite a while.

Smwutches, Dec 29, 2015
  8. Kine Jester
    Kine Jester Guest

I hope so, I figured without an official statement, they would run it for at least another year before they even make an announcement about it as a possibility. Glad that seems to be the consensus.

9. CHAD TPRUITT
    CHAD TPRUITT Guest
    Once they are cut off, all games' access to Live will end....BC or not. Individual developers could start their own servers tho for a game. But just as all Xbox games that were BC on the 360 lost their Live access in 2010 when the original servers were
    cut off (including the great Halo 2!) once MS decides to shut down the 360s' servers, all games on it will go offline including any playable on the One.

I agree that it will be probably at least 3-4 years in the future tho before that happens.

CHAD TPRUITT, Dec 30, 2015
  10. I'm also quite worried, because I don't want to have ended up spending bazillions of euros on games that will eventually be useless in the future.

I think Microsoft need to understand that not every single one of us are made of money and can afford the stinkin' Xbox One and still be able to buy games for that console.

RaraTheCabbage, Jan 17, 2016
  11. CHAD TPRUITT
    CHAD TPRUITT Guest
    Yes..it will end eventually. Just as the original console's servers were cut in April, 2010 after some 7 years, the 360's will as well. Particularly as more people switch over to the One. One mistake that everyone thinks is just because BC has come to
    the One the 360 servers will stay up. If that were true all original Xbox games would still work online.

But as noted, there has been no official announcement as to when the 360 servers will be shut off.

CHAD TPRUITT, Jan 17, 2016
  12. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Thing with original xbox backwards compatible games was they really didn't play very well on the 360 so Microsoft gave up on the idea.

It's a bit different this time round & as it stands the 360's online servers are needed for backwards compatibility to work so won't be shut down for a while yet.

Daft Badger, Jan 17, 2016
  13. eber3
    eber3 Guest

I think the BC means the 360 severs have another four or five years at least, if not the life of the X1.

eber3, Jan 18, 2016
  14. CHAD TPRUITT
    CHAD TPRUITT Guest
    No..servers are not needed for BC. Idk why you thought that: Halo 2 was the largest online game on Live at its' time. When the servers were cut in 2010 its' was as well. There is really one thing to watch for: no more games for the 360. That's when
    the end will start!

CHAD TPRUITT, Feb 1, 2016
  15. eber3
    eber3 Guest
    "No..servers are not needed for BC."

Yes they are. They specifically set up the backwards compatible games for the X1 to run off the 360 servers.

eber3, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Xbox live ending on 360 in 2016? - Similar Threads - live ending 360

2. Microsoft Enforcement Team may end up ruining Xbox Live entirely.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Enforcement Team may end up ruining Xbox Live entirely.: I've had an Xbox since the OG days, more than 15 years. I've had Live for a majority of my adult life. I recently was suspended for the first time because I made a Looking for Group post on Sea Of...
  3. Why is my Xbox live set to end two weeks early?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox live set to end two weeks early?: I had a past due amount of $10 and renewed my subscription today and instead of saying that it would expire on 1/25 it’s telling me that it’s going to on 1/11 if I turn my recurring billing off...
  4. Xbox live gold end of month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold end of month: If you buy one month of xbox live gold, but in the middle of the month, will it last to the middle of next month or will it last to the end of this month? Thank you(....if you answerd) :)...
  5. Redeem a Gift Card XBOX LIVE GOLD Says "Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Redeem a Gift Card XBOX LIVE GOLD Says "Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might...: Hello I´m Trying to redeem a Gift Card XBOX LIVE GOLD in my XBOX One, but when I enter de code, a legend apears an says: "Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." What should I...
  6. I want to end my Xbox Live subcription.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to end my Xbox Live subcription.: I have one month Xbox Live subcription on my Xbox 360 and my friend's microsoft account is on it and he doesn't remember his password and he can't return his password back. Is there any way I can...
  7. XBox live accounts are not recording end users purchases correctly in the last 24 hours

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox live accounts are not recording end users purchases correctly in the last 24 hours: XBox live accounts are not recording end users purchases correctly in the last 24 hours gamers are entering there purchases codes for games like world of tanks and they are not getting there...
  8. how does xbox know when to end someone's xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    how does xbox know when to end someone's xbox live gold: I know this is a weird question but my xbox live just ended an hour ago but i thought i had all day (7th of April) until midnight. So does it end the time you enter the membership code or when its...
  9. accounting of xbox live redemption vip gems in the valut prior to program end

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    accounting of xbox live redemption vip gems in the valut prior to program end: History "Good day! This is xxxxxx, from Microsoft Rewards Customer Support and I will be assisting you with the Service Request 1431583754. After reading your email, it seems that your concern...
  10. Can't Renew Xbox Live Gold "Try that again. Something happened on our end."

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Renew Xbox Live Gold "Try that again. Something happened on our end.": My Xbox Live Gold membership expired yesterday. I tried to renew it about two hours ago and got the message, "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." But that has...