Xbox Live disconnects for a few seconds at random

Discus and support Xbox Live disconnects for a few seconds at random in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm sick and tired of xbox live disconnectingat the worst times. I'll be in a sell mission in RDR2 and all of a sudden, when I'm about to get to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bruh, Mar 20, 2021.

1. bruh
    bruh Guest

I'm sick and tired of xbox live disconnectingat the worst times. I'll be in a sell mission in RDR2 and all of a sudden, when I'm about to get to the sell location, I get kicked from the party and game. It's the most annoying thing ever. I've tried everything with no success. It started when I got a new router that was meant to be better (which it was). It was considerably faster and easier to play with but now it disconnects all the time and I don't know what to do.

:)

bruh, Mar 20, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @bruh, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox live disconnects for a few seconds

Hello Jimmybones,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is randomly disconnecting on multiple networks. While it is possible that

your console needs to be serviced
    , you need to make sure all troubleshooting has been done first. We recommend reviewing this troubleshooting article: Xbox
    One Network Connection Solution

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
  4. brandonmoore8 Win User

I had this issue and it was only resolved after i got a wired connection instead of using wifi, my advise would be buy an ethernet cable and some clips on Amazon and wire it up
  5. jimmybones0824 Win User

Well I changed my DNS to manual and it didnt disconnect me for almost a full day, but I literally was kicked off and back on from a warzone match so I think its a different issue.
  6. RichD777 Win User

Exact same thing for myself a random friends. Xbox just loses all connection to Live for around 10 seconds if that, then all connects back up again. Did it three times in one hour, but recently had three days with no problems. Been doing it for over a
    month now since an update. Judging by the comments on here and other forums, it seems to be spreading too, so maybe MS will look into it soon.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live disconnects for a few seconds at random - Similar Threads - Live disconnects few

2. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  3. Disconnected from Xbox Live and can't reconnect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected from Xbox Live and can't reconnect.: I've recently been disconnected from Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 after previously using it to download games. I have tried for a while to reconnect it using the xbox's suggestions without success,...
  4. My xbox 360 profile is immediately disconnected from xbox live when I sign in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 profile is immediately disconnected from xbox live when I sign in.: Hi, been trying to troubleshoot this for 2 hours with no luck. When I sign in to my Xbox live profile, I get a notification saying “disconnected from Xbox live”, then I get an error message that...
  5. my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately: my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately fab7d17f-be89-45f1-ba98-50f835c2af69
  6. Disconnected from Xbox Live when signing in on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Disconnected from Xbox Live when signing in on my Xbox 360: I haven't been able to sign into Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 since 12/18/23, the following has been happening since then. I get disconnected from Xbox Live every time I sign in on my Xbox 360. My...
  7. Xbox 360 Live disconnects when launching a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live disconnects when launching a game: My xbox 360 can sign into my xbox live account and connect with no issue on the dashboard, but when i open a game it forcibly disconnects me from live and will not reconnect until i return to the...
  8. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  9. My Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet and Xbox live for a few a couple seconds...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet and Xbox live for a few a couple seconds...: My series X will randomly disconnect from the internet and Xbox live for a few seconds before reconnecting back to live. I will happen anytime I’m playing games and it is getting annoying. I have...
  10. Xbox will randomly disconnect from Xbox live and reconnect a few seconds later

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will randomly disconnect from Xbox live and reconnect a few seconds later: So ive had this issue with my xbox for a few months now where it will randomley disconnect and reconnect from xbox live only while i play online games. This happens mutiple times when i do play...