Xbox Live Device Ban

Discus and support Xbox Live Device Ban in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My son logged onto his Xbox One to find that the device has been banned! I have checked the enforcement history for all accounts that use the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PeterFellingham, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Xbox Live Device Ban

Hi,

My son logged onto his Xbox One to find that the device has been banned!

I have checked the enforcement history for all accounts that use the console and none have them have a live action against them!

I have not been notified of any issues - the contact centre cannot assist and just refer me to the Enforcement site which is useless unless you have a live enforcement to file a review against!

There appears ro be no physical way to contact the Enforcement Team ans meanwhile i have a useless xbox and no reason for it!

If anyone has any advice or further details that might help please let me know?

Thanks

Pete

:)

PeterFellingham, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Nafjan Thottathil Win User

XBox One S can't play games

There is a chance that the Xbox is a banned one.

An Xbox Live device ban is permanent for Xbox consoles and devices. Even if the ownership changes, the device ban is still there and can’t be lifted. If you purchase an Xbox console or device that’s been banned, you won’t be able to connect to Xbox
    Live.

If you’ve bought a second-hand Xbox console or device and you can’t sign in or connect to Xbox Live, it might be banned and you’ll need to contact the previous owner or user.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

My console is banned

Hi AhmedgMt

This support, Xbox live device bans explains the policy in force. There is a FAQ section that may assist you also.

"

An Xbox Live device ban is permanent for Xbox consoles and devices. Even if the ownership changes, the device ban is still there and can’t be lifted. If you purchase an Xbox console or device that’s been banned, you won’t be
    able to connect to Xbox Live.

If you’ve bought a second-hand Xbox console or device and you can’t sign in or connect to Xbox Live, it might be banned and you’ll need to contact the previous owner or user."
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Permanently banned console and account

An Xbox Live device ban permanently blocks an Xbox console or device from accessing the Xbox Live service. The device ban is applied to the Xbox console or device, not to a specific Xbox profile (account). This means that no one can use the console or device to connect to Xbox live.

An Xbox Live device ban is different from a temporary or permanent account suspension, which prevents a profile from signing in to or using certain features of the Xbox Live service. For more info about a temporary or permanent account suspensions.
  5. Hordie Win User

my console has been banned

Hi bepsipepsiroks

Per the site all device bans are permanent.

Are all device bans permanent?

All Xbox Live device bans are permanent. However, some Code of Conduct violations that don’t rise to the level of a device ban can instead result in the temporary loss of specific Xbox One or Xbox on Windows device privileges. When this occurs, the device
    can still connect to Xbox Live, but certain functionality (such as communications or online multiplayer) will be restricted for a particular duration.
  6. OK Fowl Win User

Xbox ban

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-3

All Xbox Live device bans are permanent.

Device bans are not issued lightly, and occur when a particular Xbox console or Xbox on Windows device is used to violate the Code of Conduct in an egregious or repeated manner. Once a device ban occurs, no account can connect to
    the Xbox Live service from the affected device.
Thema:

Xbox Live Device Ban

1. Xbox Live Device Ban - Similar Threads - Live Device Ban

2. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  4. Xbox live streaming provider - something went wrong

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox live streaming provider - something went wrong: Trying to stream on xbox series s. When pressing the streaming button in the menu I get an error “sorry something went wrong, please try again later”. Have had this for months now. Xbox updated...
  5. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  6. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  7. accessing xbox live from pc to other device

in XBoX on Windows
    accessing xbox live from pc to other device: i recently broke my laptop and i’m unable so access the screenshots and screen recordings i took using the xbox live feature on my pc so i was wondering if i could access them on any other device...
  8. Xbox live device id help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live device id help: I don't have my same xbox I used to have and I'm locked out of my microsoft account how do I get my live device id I have all of my other info to get my account unlocked which I also don't even...
  9. Do I need Xbox live to play locally with and iOS device and Xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Xbox live to play locally with and iOS device and Xbox series s?: Most of my family has an iOS device to play Minecraft. I am wanting to play Minecraft on my Xbox Series S, and join my family’s iOS Minecraft world. It’s all done on the same Wi-Fi (in the same...
  10. Xbox live device ID

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live device ID: Hi, i'm trying to recover my account, but the support team is asking about a "Xbox Network device ID", luckily i still got my old xbox 360, i have already tried to look on system-> console info,...