Xbox live connected to xfinity hotspot but no multiplayer

Discus and support Xbox live connected to xfinity hotspot but no multiplayer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good afternoon everyone's, I recently just moved and the place I'm at doesn't have the internet set up here yet. However, there is an xfinity hotspot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike15pad, May 11, 2015.

1. Mike15pad
    Mike15pad Guest

Good afternoon everyone's,

I recently just moved and the place I'm at doesn't have the internet set up here yet. However, there is an xfinity hotspot that is nearby and after using an alternative MAC to set it up, I successfully was able to connect to Xbox Live. Now here is where
    the issues come in. All of the services are working fine, I was even able to download FIFA 15 from ea acesss but when I try to play multiplayer it says that I'm not connected to Xbox live. It doesn't matter which of the games I try they all either say that
    I'm not connected to Xbox live when I know I am or that it can not connect to the servers. Can anyone assist me?

:)

Mike15pad, May 11, 2015
  2. Keeps disconnecting from Xbox live while watching Netflix

Okay so I have used a friends account to use her xfinity wifi hotspot and home, since I connected the hotspot to my phone I realized that hey maybe I can do the same for the Xbox. I searched on ways to use the xfinity wifi hotspot with the Xbox and it
    told me that if I connected a cell phone to the network and used the cellphones MAC address where it said to configure the settings that it would work I did it and surely it worked so then I just continued to use the Xbox with the xfinity hotspot no problem.
    Now I finally was able to pay my Comcast xfinity bill and now my internet is back on I connected it to the modem and it connected no issue and was working for about 5 mins and then it disconeected and I got an error, it's been doing this for the past day and
    a half and I don't know what to do to fix he problem , some of the suggestions that it gave me was that there was and IP address error and then something about a static IP address but mind you I'm using the hotspot so I can't disconnect and reconect the modem,
    also when I connect it to the regular home network that's actually a modem , it connects perfectly fine. It disconnects and shows me error help ?!

RetroMyMFMotto, May 11, 2015
  3. Xfinity hotspot from Android to xbox

My Android running 5.0 can connect to an Xfinity hotspot, but I do not have cellular data. Can I use this hotspot connection from my phone to my Xbox? How can I achieve this if so?

Inawtbigbaggzs, May 11, 2015
  4. Brosky aP
    Brosky aP Guest

Hey there Mike15pad!

Sorry to hear about the connection issues.

Could you try the following:

1. Go to Xbox Home

2. Hit the start button on your controller, a menu should pop up.

3. Select Settings > Network > Test multiplayer connection

Please let us know what the result of that test is. We will be waiting for your answer Xbox live connected to xfinity hotspot but no multiplayer :)

Brosky aP, May 14, 2015
  5. NarcDog544
    NarcDog544 Guest
    I am having the same problem, all the internet connection tests say i am connected and everything is working properly (including the Multiplayer test). I'm on xfinity hotspot and I cannot connect to the network when trying to play any EA games (FIFA and
    NHL)

NarcDog544, Jun 7, 2015
  6. These consoles have a hard enough time with a regular setup , no way a "hotspot" could be good for gaming ...has to be all kinds of nat issues I would think...lag to I bet....just no...you can most likely do some stuff but I cant imagine the multiplayer
    experience would be possible , or enjoyable if possible...

RobertBuckalew, Jun 7, 2015
  7. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Hotspots arent really designed for gaming

Lte connections are too inconsistent.

Even if you were able to connect you would experience an enormous amount of lag

It is actually recommended that you use a broadband connection rather then a mobile hotspot

If you insist on the hotspot your only option really is your isp to help adjust your settings but it wont help with the extreme lag

ngocphi, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Brosky aP Win User

Hey there Mike15pad!

Sorry to hear about the connection issues.

Could you try the following:

1. Go to Xbox Home

2. Hit the start button on your controller, a menu should pop up.

3. Select Settings > Network > Test multiplayer connection

Please let us know what the result of that test is. We will be waiting for your answer :)
  9. NarcDog544 Win User

I am having the same problem, all the internet connection tests say i am connected and everything is working properly (including the Multiplayer test). I'm on xfinity hotspot and I cannot connect to the network when trying to play any EA games (FIFA and
    NHL)
  10. ngocphi Win User

Hotspots arent really designed for gaming

Lte connections are too inconsistent.

Even if you were able to connect you would experience an enormous amount of lag

It is actually recommended that you use a broadband connection rather then a mobile hotspot

If you insist on the hotspot your only option really is your isp to help adjust your settings but it wont help with the extreme lag
  11. RobertBuckalew Win User

These consoles have a hard enough time with a regular setup , no way a "hotspot" could be good for gaming ...has to be all kinds of nat issues I would think...lag to I bet....just no...you can most likely do some stuff but I cant imagine the multiplayer
    experience would be possible , or enjoyable if possible...
  12. Max lepelley Win User

Xfinity Hotspot Pop Up Window Broken on Xbox Series X.

I have the same problem with my console. I tried to log into the xfinity hot spot and had the same screen as you with no login. I managed to connect with my cell phone, and turn on the hotspot and have my xbox connect to my phones hotspot, running off the xfinity wifi, but its only 2.4ghz instead of 5. Even when you change the cellphone option to output 5ghz, it still wont work. At least it is good enough to play multiplayer with minimal lag.
Thema:

1. Xbox live connected to xfinity hotspot but no multiplayer - Similar Threads - live connected xfinity

2. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  4. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  5. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  6. Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE: Hi, I've had this issue with my 360 experiencing trouble connecting to Xbox Live. The device is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and even over wi-fi was reading a strong connection...
  7. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  8. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  9. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  10. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...