Xbox Live connected but can't play any multiplayer even with gold/Gamepass

Discus and support Xbox Live connected but can't play any multiplayer even with gold/Gamepass in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi There, I have had no issues gaming online until the last few days, I can join parties and talk to friends without issues but only recently I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Callum313, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Callum313
    Callum313 Guest

Hi There,

I have had no issues gaming online until the last few days, I can join parties and talk to friends without issues but only recently I can't play online with anyone, servers for all my games are unable to connect and my gamepass and gold are still active.

I have port forwarded all the necessary ports which were posted from other people having similar issues but that didn't work. I tried signing in and out, restart, full shutdown to no avail.

The only way I can play games online is if I reset my console to factory defaults, I have to do this every time I want to play then if my Xbox turns off it will have the same issue again and I'll need to reset it again. Since this one thing helps I think it's a bug with Xbox and not a nat issue.

I'm not sure why this has only started happening recently but it's getting pretty annoying if I need to reset each time Xbox Live connected but can't play any multiplayer even with gold/Gamepass :(

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

:)

Callum313, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Callum313. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

It is probably not a connection issue since when you factory reset your console it works. Just in case, please do a connection test on your console and see if everything looks right:

Press the Xbox button > Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings. Under Current Network Status, be sure there are no errors such as Double NAT detected or UPnP not successful displayed.

If the connection test is ok, please go to your Xbox account privacy settings and see if all the options related to multiplayer are set as "Allow":

https://account.xbox.com/settings

If everything is good too, I would recommend you to either reset your console to factory settings but instead of keeping apps and games, you will need to delete everything. You game progress will not be lost since it is synced with the cloud but all your games and apps will need to be downloaded again.

Or you can try to perform an offline system update on it, since the console default files may be broken or corrupted:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Let me know how it goes, please.
  3. Artie661 Win User

Difference between Game pass and Gold live

Xbox Live Gold ($9.99/month) = Online Access to play Multiplayer Games

Xbox Gamepass ($9.99/month) = Access to a library of games to play

Xbox Ultimate Gamepass ($14.99/month) = Gold + Gamepass
  4. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Soooo we have to pay to play multiplayer now?

Hi to play online in a multiplayer on XBOX you need XBOX Live Gold or better still Gamepass Ultimate
  5. smileskybird Win User

How Will "The Elder Scrolls Online" Make You Pay?

I watched some videos of it and from what I've heard, you will NOT require a subscription/pay. That's why COD and Halo and most games don't charge for multiplayer service on Xbox. Because your Xbox Live Gold membership covers multiplayer on Xbox. But it
    will require you to be connected to Xbox Live and the game servers in order to play, you can't even play single player without an Xbox Live and game developers servers connection.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Ryse son of rome not earning gold

Hi Sixer,

The not getting gold from multiplayer matches is a developer issue. You are connecting to the Xbox live service if you are playing multiplayer matches. If you were not connected to live you would not be able to play any multiplayer matches. This is clearly
    a developer issue as the in game gold is their responsibility.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox Live connected but can't play any multiplayer even with gold/Gamepass - Similar Threads - Live connected can't

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  4. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  5. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  6. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  7. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  8. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  9. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911: Can't connect to xbox live on xbox 360 3e067eef-f17d-452c-b236-e24ecf004ee6
  10. My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live: Over the past month or so, my Xbox 360 console(Serial No. 527136414805) has not been able to login to Xbox live. A friend of mine, Misakii9548, thinks it's because my profile is corrupt, so I...