Xbox Live auto renewed for free?

Discus and support Xbox Live auto renewed for free? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So apparently on December 1st my Xbox Live was set to auto renew. Well, I didn't have the necessary funds in my account at the time and, according to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XsirJoker, Dec 26, 2015.

1. XsirJoker
    XsirJoker Guest

So apparently on December 1st my Xbox Live was set to auto renew. Well, I didn't have the necessary funds in my account at the time and, according to my Xbox One, I was billed; I forgot that my Xbox Live was set to renew this month so I didn't know I was
    getting billed until after the fact.

I've been playing on my Xbox just fine for the past few weeks, then I got an email saying that there was a problem with my payment processing. So I checked my Xbox and it said that my Xbox Live auto renewed back on the first. Well, I didn't have the funds
    in my account back then, and I'm still able to use Xbox Live, so is my account going to get canceled for using Xbox Live for free during few weeks? And can I deposit money into the account to cover the initial $60 charge and keep playing my Xbox?

:)

XsirJoker, Dec 26, 2015
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Dec 26, 2015
  3. maddrock
    maddrock Guest
    Cancelling auto-renewed xbox live and refunding

I didn't realise I had auto-renew on and I've been renewed for xbox live gold and charged me. I want to cancel the xbox live and get the money back but I don't know how, I haven't used live since it was renewed (26/12).

maddrock, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Usually what happens is Live will auto renew whether or not you have the funds but will attempt to charge you several times.You will have a balance you owe for the new subscription. So yes, if you add money to pay the balance you will keep the Live. If you
    don't pay, your account will be suspended until you do pay.

Smwutches, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Stoyvensen Win User

Xbox subscription

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you wrote, but I think I get it. Are you going from Xbox Live Silver(Free) to Xbox Live Gold and they are offering a free 1 month trial? If so, then if you take the 1 month Gold free trial, afterwards it will auto
    renew for another month of Xbox Live Gold which would be at a rate of $9.99 per month. Now if you don't want it to renew. You can take the free trial and then contact Xbox Support at 1-800-4MYXBOX and have them remove your credit card to stop the auto renew.
    Hope this helps.
  6. G5L-1F0D0D78-122B-45 Win User

Help with promotion

The best bet is to sign up on the computer and use the paypal option then from your xbox cancel the auto renewal and bam a free month of xbox live.
  7. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Live Free Gold

When you purchase gold from Xbox, even a free trial, you turn on auto-renewal. So you would get a month for free and then they would automatically renew you for another month after that unless you turn off auto-renewal.
  8. gameshoes3003 Win User

You can now cancel automatic payment through Xbox.com

9. Smwutches Win User

Usually what happens is Live will auto renew whether or not you have the funds but will attempt to charge you several times.You will have a balance you owe for the new subscription. So yes, if you add money to pay the balance you will keep the Live. If you
    don't pay, your account will be suspended until you do pay.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live auto renewed for free? - Similar Threads - Live auto renewed

2. Xbox Live Auto-Renew

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Auto-Renew: Have to wait for my money that I didn't owe to microsoft. Was like talking to a couple of toddlers about adult situations. Not sure if they cancelled my live subscription or not. They shouldn't...
  3. Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?: For some reason, I ran out of balance in prepaid money in my account because Xbox Live Gold turned back on while I was away for a few months. I cancelled it before I signed off a while ago and yet...
  4. Xbox Live Otomatik Yenileme Hakkında (Mod Translation:About Xbox Live Auto-Renew)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Otomatik Yenileme Hakkında (Mod Translation:About Xbox Live Auto-Renew): Otomatik yenileme hesabımdan bir aylık üyelik için 59 tl kesmiş. Para bugün çekildi. Ben bunu iade etmek istiyorum. Eğer iade yoksa resmen soygun bu. Unutsam ilgilenmesem, görmesem her ay 59 tl...
  5. Was charged for Xbox Live Gold even though I turned off auto-renew

in XBoX on Consoles
    Was charged for Xbox Live Gold even though I turned off auto-renew: I canceled my Xbox Live Gold subscription but was charged a week later even though I turned off auto-renew multiple days before it was set to start another month. I was confused as it told me I...
  6. Cant cancel xbox live auto renew

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant cancel xbox live auto renew: Hello, I recently bought a xbox live gold card to extend my subscription and chose to turn on auto renew to get 1 month free. I then decided to turn it off but each time I try I get an error...
  7. got charged for canceling auto renew? (xbox live)

in XBoX on Consoles
    got charged for canceling auto renew? (xbox live): my xbox live runs out 8th september i canceled auto renew on the 7th and it says i will be charged again on the 9th ? 1700ca4a-f422-477e-8b60-11a0899adc13
  8. Auto-renew cancelled and xbox live run out. Yet I have been charged for this month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto-renew cancelled and xbox live run out. Yet I have been charged for this month: Basically because of money issues I had to cancel my auto renewal for xbox live and I was still charged for this month. Now i know for a fact xbox live cannot work a month in hand, so charging...
  9. Changing Charge Date for Auto Renew Xbox Live Subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Charge Date for Auto Renew Xbox Live Subscription: Currently My XBOX Live Auto Renew Date is the 2nd of each month, But my charge date always seems to be a couple of weeks after. So for Nov'16 my Auto Renew is the 2nd but the Charge Date is the...
  10. When EXACTLY will my Xbox Live membership auto-renew?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When EXACTLY will my Xbox Live membership auto-renew?: This was my first time buying a membership online (without one of those in-store cards). The only reason I did so was due to the $1 One Month deal they had for some people. It is set to expire...