xbox live arcade and backwards compatibility

Discus and support xbox live arcade and backwards compatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I wanted to know something concerning games on xbox live arcade and backwards compatibility. I am still very new at the whole "buy your games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Danny Saint Lord, Jan 2, 2022.

  1. xbox live arcade and backwards compatibility


    Hello. I wanted to know something concerning games on xbox live arcade and backwards compatibility.

    I am still very new at the whole "buy your games online" thing, having bought so far 5 games and the last one was around May 2020, meaning that I am still a newbie at this.

    My first question is this: I want to buy some games and 2 of them were originally on Xbox Live Arcade. They are backwards compatible on Xbox One so I wanted to know if I want to buy those games must I have Xbox Live Gold membership? Because I don't have that (I am an old-school gamer, not much of an online player). The two games in question are RPGs. From what I understand they are not online games.

    My second question is this: I plan to buy an Xbox Series this year as the next game that I am interested is not available on Xbox One so I wanted to know can I transfer the games from Xbox One to Xbox Series and must I have Xbox Live Gold membership to achieve this.

    That is all the question that I have.

    :)
     
    Danny Saint Lord, Jan 2, 2022
    #1
  2. Glannigan Win User

    What are you guys doing!?!?!

    Agreed, My concern though is what happens in 3 or 5 years when XBOX 360 Live is shut down? If it is not all emulated or some how transitioned to XBOX One it will be lost. I'm not talking about Backwards compatibility on XBOX 360 Game discs either. I'm talking
    about the 100's of XBOX Live Arcade games.

    I totally understand not having backwards compatibility on the Discs...but the Live Arcade stuff? It bothers me as a consumer.
  3. Azrael008uk Win User

    Microsoft Announces First 104 Xbox 360 Backward Compatible Games

    Shouldn't this read:

    Microsoft Decides to make XBox LIVE Arcade games backwards compatible?

    There aren't really many real games that people will actually want to play.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    xbox Midway Arcade Treasures

    Unfortunately, Midway Arcade Treasures is not backwards compatible with the Xbox 360 console.
  5. QuiCkz AleX Win User

    Retro game-game pack

  6. benseac Win User

    What are you guys doing!?!?!

    [quote user="Glannigan"]

    Agreed, My concern though is what happens in 3 or 5 years when XBOX 360 Live is shut down? If it is not all emulated or some how transitioned to XBOX One it will be lost. I'm not talking about Backwards compatibility on XBOX 360 Game discs either. I'm talking
    about the 100's of XBOX Live Arcade games.

    I totally understand not having backwards compatibility on the Discs...but the Live Arcade stuff? It bothers me as a consumer.

    [/quote]

    If you're concerned about losing your digital purchases, buy a few USB flash drives and save the games on them.
Thema:

xbox live arcade and backwards compatibility

Loading...
  1. xbox live arcade and backwards compatibility - Similar Threads - live arcade backwards

  2. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  3. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  4. Disc to Digital Licensing on XBOX (FAQ) - goes live for Xbox Insiders today

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Licensing on XBOX (FAQ) - goes live for Xbox Insiders today: Xbox is rolling out its Disc-to-Digital Licensing test to select Xbox Insiders today. The feature can convert eligible Xbox One and Xbox Series X game discs into digital licenses, >Xbox Play...
  5. Let there be xbox live in cambodia

    in XboX Insiders
    Let there be xbox live in cambodia: I have been wondering why not everyone can play from different countries. And some that our close to a country that works with xbox my girlfriend and me always wants to play but we can't really...
  6. Enter the Tower: Arkheron Closed Beta is Live for XBOX Insiders

    in XboX Insiders
    Enter the Tower: Arkheron Closed Beta is Live for XBOX Insiders: [IMG] The gates to Arkheron's Closed Beta are open for XBOX Insiders! ⚔️ 3v3 team battles ️ Build your playstyle using items found during matches Unlock beta-exclusive cosmetic rewards Help...
  7. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  8. Badge Xbox Live Gold 2002-2023 never received

    in XboX Insiders
    Badge Xbox Live Gold 2002-2023 never received: Hi, I'm sure many of you have never received the 2002-2023 Xbox Live Gold badge, which can be viewed on your Xbox profile. I've been an Xbox Live Gold member for several years, and I don't...
  9. I cant seem to be able to play online xbox live games.

    in XboX Insiders
    I cant seem to be able to play online xbox live games.: It first started last week, when i wasnt able to hop on Ark Survival Evolved. It said join failed. I check and the Ark server i play on had a discord, and they said xbox people may have connection...
  10. On the Xbox live version of the Capcom arcade cabinet how do I download all 17 games?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox live version of the Capcom arcade cabinet how do I download all 17 games?: I recently bought the $4.99 plus taxes Xbox live version of the Capcom Arcade Cabinet and to my dismay it only has about 3 or 4 playable games only with a scrolling message on the screen that you...