Xbox Live adult/child account issues

Discus and support Xbox Live adult/child account issues in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Microsoft account is an adult account but my Xbox live profile (on the same account, same email and all) is somehow a child account that I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KurtW27, Jan 29, 2019.

1. KurtW27
    KurtW27 Guest

My Microsoft account is an adult account but my Xbox live profile (on the same account, same email and all) is somehow a child account that I can't access the parental settings for because there is no separate parent account for it. All I want to do is change
    my gamertag from the old one I set back in middle school, but I literally can't because any time I open up the link to do so, I'm taken to this completely useless (in my situation) page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

What do I do to resolve this?

:)

KurtW27, Jan 29, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

How to modify date of birth in child’s account

You can't change a child account into an adult account once registered for xbox live. You can modify the DOB under your MS account's page yet that will not upgrade a child account into an adult account for the live service.
  3. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Problems with age.

I found this, hope it helps.

Promote a child account to an adult account in Xbox

Xbox LIVE determines whether an account is a child account or an adult account based on the age of the account owner. Account owners who are younger than 18 are given child accounts in the United States. The legal adult age varies by country and region (for
    example, the adult age in Korea is 20).

Child accounts are tied to an adult's Microsoft account. The adult account can control Family Settings and restrict some features of Xbox LIVE.

After you reach the age of adulthood (which varies by country and region), you can promote a child account to an adult account. This promotion removes the Family Settings and Xbox LIVE restrictions.

To promote a child account to an adult account

Sign in to Xbox LIVE by using the account that you want to change.

Go to Settings, and then select Account.

Select Promote Child Account.

Note The age of an account owner is calculated by using the date of birth provided when the account was created. This date cannot be changed. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created the account, your only option is to create a new account
    using the correct date of birth. This option is available only if the date of birth for the account indicates that you have reached the age of adulthood (18 in the United States). The legal adult age varies by country and region.

Follow the on-screen instructions to promote the account.
  4. Amxzin Win User

How do I remove an unknown/unasked for parental control code?

You will need an XBOX 360 to Promote a Child Account

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/online-privacy-and-safety/online-safety

Promote a child account to an adult account

Xbox LIVE determines whether an account is a child account or an adult account based on the age of the account owner. Account owners who are younger than 18 are given child accounts in the United States. The legal adult age varies by country and region (for

Child accounts are tied to an adult's Windows Live ID. The adult account can control Family Settings and restrict some features of Xbox LIVE.

After you reach the age of adulthood (which varies by country and region), you can promote a child account to an adult account. This promotion removes the Family Settings and Xbox LIVE restrictions.

• 1.Sign in to Xbox LIVE by using the account that you want to change.
    • 2.Go to My Xbox, and then select your profile.
    • 3.Select Manage Account.
    • 4.Select Promote Child Account.
    Note This option is available only if the date of birth for the account indicates that you have reached the age of adulthood (18 in the United States). The legal adult age varies by country and region. The age of an account owner is calculated by using the
    date of birth provided when the account was created. This date cannot be changed. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created the account, your only option is to create a new account using the correct date of birth.

• 5.Follow the on-screen instructions to promote the account.
  5. DangerousBard Win User

How to bypass parental account thing.

Xbox Live determines whether an account is a child account or an adult account based on the age of the account owner. Child accounts are tied to an adult's Microsoft account.

After you reach the age of adulthood (which varies by country and region), you can promote a child account to an adult account. This promotion can be done only from the parent's account
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Brand new and 2 possible *** ups...help!

Child accounts are tied to an adult's Windows Live ID. The adult account can control Family Settings and restrict some features of Xbox LIVE.

1.Sign in to Xbox LIVE by using the account that you want to change.

2.Go to My Xbox and then select your profile.

3.Select Manage Account.

4.Select Promote Child Account.

Note This option is available only if the date of birth for the account indicates that you have reached the age of adulthood (18 in the United Kingdom). The legal adult age varies by country and region. The age of an account owner is calculated by using
    the date of birth provided when the account was created. This date cannot be changed. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created the account, your only option is to create a new account using the correct date of birth.

5.Follow the on-screen instructions to promote the account.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live adult/child account issues - Similar Threads - Live adult child

2. Trying to create a child account for xbox live, and when i put in an adult email address I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to create a child account for xbox live, and when i put in an adult email address I...: [img] This was my first time trying, any fixes? 1f03bd5e-088d-425a-b62a-ace05a9f5be9
  3. Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult: Hi, as the title suggests, my xbox live account is quite old and was made on my late father's xbox as he used to play games with me. After his passing, however, I have continued to use the xbox...
  4. Game pass ultimate on child account but live on adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game pass ultimate on child account but live on adult account: i’ve just set up game pass ultimate on my son’s xbox account as when it was on my account he couldn’t access it. Our XBox live and game pass subscriptions are still sitting on my account, will...
  5. How do I create a child Xbox Live profile under an adult Microsoft account with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I create a child Xbox Live profile under an adult Microsoft account with a...: Question: Can a Microsoft account for an adult have more than one child Xbox Live profiles? I have several children and each want their own gamer profile. I have already purchased a gift care for...
  6. X BOX LIVE ADULT ACCOUNT LINKING IN TO A CHILD ACCOUNT

in XBoX Accessibility
    X BOX LIVE ADULT ACCOUNT LINKING IN TO A CHILD ACCOUNT: Head is spinning trying to work out how to link my childrens account to the adult account on X BOX one. I dont game, but have managed to set myself up as the adult. Iv paid for the years...
  7. Xbox Live Gold works for Adult but not for child on same device

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Gold works for Adult but not for child on same device: I signed up for Gold so my son can play PvZ in multiplayer, but his gamertag isn't letting him do it, so he's having to use mine. Is there something I have set wrong that the Gold is not coming...
  8. Xbox One Live account, Change from Child to Adult

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Live account, Change from Child to Adult: Nephew and me want to play Fortnite together Cross-Platform but I have diagnosed that the reason we can't is because his account was created as a Child's account. This is fine, but for some...
  9. Xbox live child to adult account transition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live child to adult account transition: Hello, I made my xbox live account 5 years ago, and back then my parents created an account to manage the restrictions. I have recently turned 18 and would like to convert my account to an adult...
  10. Adult live account shows up as child on console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adult live account shows up as child on console: I changed my sons child account to and adult and it appears that way on his xbox.com page. The upstairs Xbox One console accepted it (he can connect to EA Battlefront) but the other XB1 console...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login issues for xbox for child

2. i cant xbox stream as a child acoount