Xbox Live Account Not Connected to Correct GamerTag

Discus and support Xbox Live Account Not Connected to Correct GamerTag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to use my account with my Xbox One today and it prompted me for a password. I did not remember my password so I reset it online... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DrearUnicorn370, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Xbox Live Account Not Connected to Correct GamerTag

Hello, I was trying to use my account with my Xbox One today and it prompted me for a password. I did not remember my password so I reset it online and tried to access my account again on Xbox One. It did not sign in. So I removed the account and then
    added it back with my new password. Upon signing in, it assigned me a GamerTag, . When I tried to change this to my GamerTag, it said it was already taken. What happened to my GamerTag?

:)

DrearUnicorn370, Oct 20, 2017
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Oct 20, 2017
  3. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Windows Live ID Issue!

To remove that gamertag that is connected to your 'main' email (Microsoft Account), just change the connected gamertag connected to a new Microsoft account.

-

So first free up your 'correct' email address by moving the connected gamertag to a new Microsoft Account

and after that you should be able to change the 'email' (Microsoft Account) for your main gamertag to your 'correct' email address (Microsoft Account)

4. ngocphi Win User

purcahsing xbox live account

well if this is the correct account then test xbox live connection or recover your gamertag to speed it up
  5. WPAK Win User

Windows Live ID Issue!

To remove that gamertag that is connected to your 'main' email (Microsoft Account), just change the connected gamertag connected to a new Microsoft account.

-

So first free up your 'correct' email address by moving the connected gamertag to a new Microsoft Account

and after that you should be able to change the 'email' (Microsoft Account) for your main gamertag to your 'correct' email address (Microsoft Account)
  6. Evolze Win User

Selling spare Xbox but don’t won’t to lose account

Hello xlStormblade,

That is correct. Once you factory reset the Xbox you're selling, all of the data will be wiped from it (accounts, personal data, games, applications, and save data). Since your account/Gamertag is connected to Xbox Live, it will still remain on your other,
    unwiped Xbox.
  7. Miss Portia Win User

Just bought 1 month of Gold online, Still isn't showing up?

Hello Rigaderchi, I'm sure you are able to get on by now, but for future references, if your account on your console is not reflecting the correct subscription status, you should be able to update it immediately by running the Xbox LIVE Connection test or
    by recovering your Gamertag. :)
  8. jawest78 Win User

purchasing avatar items for a non-xbox live account

The account does need to be connected to XBox Live in order to purchase avatar items (and it does have to be her account as avatar items are not available to any gamertag except the purchasing gamertag). However, you can connect her gamertag to XBox Live
    with a free silver account and access the avatar marketplace without issue.
Thema:

Xbox Live Account Not Connected to Correct GamerTag

1. Xbox Live Account Not Connected to Correct GamerTag - Similar Threads - Live Account Connected

2. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  3. Add the feature to add ones account as my home Xbox without being connected to Xbox Live

in XboX Insiders
    Add the feature to add ones account as my home Xbox without being connected to Xbox Live: As I got perma banned yesterday it could be a life saving feature to make ones account as my home Xbox. So I can play all the games I have bought again as it is a total of 3000 dollars worth of...
  4. I can't connect my 360 account to Xbox live on my Xbox one x.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect my 360 account to Xbox live on my Xbox one x.: I've cleared the 360 saved data, restarted my wifi, and everything else. Now I can't download my 360 profile bc it refuses to connect. Pls help me I just wanna play l4d...
  5. Trying to sign into my account on the Xbox 360 and connect to Xbox Live so I can download...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to sign into my account on the Xbox 360 and connect to Xbox Live so I can download...: I have tried restarting my Xbox 360 and everything, I’m about to just smash it up and throw it away then get rid of all my gaming accounts. I’m so tired of everything not working I can’t deal with...
  6. Cannot connect to xbox live with my account. No microsoft personal support options.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to xbox live with my account. No microsoft personal support options.: Before my troubleshoot I want to say that on my xbox account is about ~300 Games, a lot of cloud saves, xbox game pass until 2023 and about 60000 gamescrore I'm big microsoft service enthusiast...
  7. Microsoft Solitaire Won't Connect to XBOX Live After Account Email Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Solitaire Won't Connect to XBOX Live After Account Email Change: I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I recently changed the email address I use as my Microsoft account. Now, when I go to play Microsoft Solitaire Collection it tells me that it...
  8. Cannot connect to Xbox Live Account on Windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live Account on Windows 11: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, I have been unable to play any of the games in my Xbox library on my PC. The only two games in my PC Xbox library account are Age of Empires 4 and Sea of...
  9. Can I connect my Xbox Live Account with my Avatar on my Xbox without losing progress?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I connect my Xbox Live Account with my Avatar on my Xbox without losing progress?: I’ve had an Xbox 360 for 8 years. Since then, I’ve been using an avatar without an Xbox Live connection, which has now saved all my progress. Since I now want to switch to a newer console, I have...
  10. My xbox 360 account can't connect to xbox live (error code 8015190A) but my Xbox One can....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 account can't connect to xbox live (error code 8015190A) but my Xbox One can....: As the Subject says: I can't sign into my xbox live account on any 360 console. I have in my possession two xbox 360 consoles and have cleaned the cache on both in hopes of cleaning some file...