Xbox Live 360 Servers Shutdown Question.

Discus and support Xbox Live 360 Servers Shutdown Question. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been hearing that Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 systems will be shutdown in last next year. If and when this does happen, could we expect a lot of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SNEAKRET, Dec 18, 2015.

1. SNEAKRET
    SNEAKRET Guest

I've been hearing that Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 systems will be shutdown in last next year.

If and when this does happen, could we expect a lot of the Xbox 360 online games be able to be played on the Xbox One, if and when this could happen will the numbers be greater then they are now?

:)

SNEAKRET, Dec 18, 2015
  2. Why Xbox 360 Will live on My Opinion

I Highly and I stress the word HIGHLY doubt the xbox 360 servers will be shutdown. The only thing is the xbox one and xbox 360 won't be compatible live wise. That's one reason they made the 360 design similar. Games will be still produced for the 360. So
    no need to worry. The xbox 360 ain't going no where too soon. =)

Sinister Rage X, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Testarossa09
    Testarossa09 Guest
    Orginal Xbox Firmware Update

I have just bought a Original Xbox. Can anyone tell me what the latest firmware update is and how I can download it? I read that they shutdown the Xbox Live Servers in 2010 for the Original Xbox. So I am thinking I might not be able to update it to the latest
    firmware through the internet like I can with my 360. If I cannot is there any other way to do it. Like downloading it from my computer then putting it on a external media or some sort. Or since Xbox Live for the original Xbox servers are shutdown am I just
    stuck with what I have now? I have read that some games come with a firmware update on them if they are needed. But I am wanting the last firmware they released before they shutdown the Xbox Live Servers.

Testarossa09, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Argontheos
    Argontheos Guest

Where have you been hearing that servers will be shut down next year? Check your source and don't worry about anything until you hear it directly from a official Microsoft/Xbox division announcement. =)

Argontheos, Dec 18, 2015
  5. GRAW2ROBZ
    GRAW2ROBZ Guest
    I thought PS3 was shutting down first then 360 a year after them. Also 360 was out first and lasted longer.

GRAW2ROBZ, Dec 18, 2015
  6. BIG TRIB
    BIG TRIB Guest
    I've been wondering the same myself. Its all over the web. Saying its suppose to shutdown some time this year. Nothing from Microsoft tho. Would really like to know

BIG TRIB, Feb 1, 2016
  7. It won't shut down for a while. The backwards compat games on the one still use the xbox 360 servers. They have future releases for the backwards yet. If they shut down the servers, we lose all these backwards compat games as well. Some game developers might
    shut down their servers, like older sports games from like 5 years ago do not have active servers.

FunkyForestFrog, Feb 4, 2016
  8. GRAW2ROBZ
    GRAW2ROBZ Guest

Well lots of the games are old. Does suck when they shut them down then stuck playing offline only. I was ticked off when they shut down Battlefield 2 Modern Combat for 360. Was excellent game.

GRAW2ROBZ, Oct 31, 2018
  9. BIG TRIB Win User

I've been wondering the same myself. Its all over the web. Saying its suppose to shutdown some time this year. Nothing from Microsoft tho. Would really like to know
  10. Argontheos Win User

Where have you been hearing that servers will be shut down next year? Check your source and don't worry about anything until you hear it directly from a official Microsoft/Xbox division announcement. =)
  11. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

Well lots of the games are old. Does suck when they shut them down then stuck playing offline only. I was ticked off when they shut down Battlefield 2 Modern Combat for 360. Was excellent game.
  12. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

I thought PS3 was shutting down first then 360 a year after them. Also 360 was out first and lasted longer.
  13. FunkyForestFrog Win User

It won't shut down for a while. The backwards compat games on the one still use the xbox 360 servers. They have future releases for the backwards yet. If they shut down the servers, we lose all these backwards compat games as well. Some game developers might
    shut down their servers, like older sports games from like 5 years ago do not have active servers.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live 360 Servers Shutdown Question. - Similar Threads - Live 360 Servers

2. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  3. I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360: I have an xbox 360 and I've been trying to bring up the ol thing back up but every time I try to let it connect to xbox live or sign in to any of my accounts it says can't sign in or to restart my...
  4. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  5. Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X: I have gone through many forums and I haven’t found a solution that works. For some reason I can no longer connect to Xbox live when trying to play any 360 game I have either purchased or...
  6. Is Xbox Live & EA Sports Server still supported on the Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox Live & EA Sports Server still supported on the Xbox 360?: Is Xbox Live & EA Sports Server still supported on the Xbox 360? bd6a45ff-deb7-4565-bfcc-43a682ede1fa
  7. xbox 360 live gold ea server access cannot connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 live gold ea server access cannot connect: trying to access server EA for dead space3 for xbox360 in COOP game but i KEEP GETTING error message : CANNOT ACCESSE ea server ??? bd7317e2-224f-4b71-b1fb-49d13b6577f9
  8. Xbox Live Gold Server For Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Server For Xbox 360: Are they Shutting down the servers for Xbox 360? I was at my local Best Buy and GameStop and employees from both places said that Xbox is trying to shut down the server. I just renewed my Xbox...
  9. Xbox live 360 server general question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live 360 server general question: Hi, i like to asking about Xbox Live -servers usual, i don't how how those orginal xbox live working for now or today but, i guess those servers don't working anymore so, i ask the same about Xbox...
  10. When Xbox 360 Live Server Close Down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Xbox 360 Live Server Close Down?: Hello, just want to know when it will shut down. 69a6bef2-139f-474e-b8a3-05cac79fbed4