Xbox light not turning off when console is off

Discus and support Xbox light not turning off when console is off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've recently noticed the light on my xbox staying on despite the console being off and not outputting a signal. I've tried clicking it on and off but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChargedBolts, Sep 21, 2022.

1. ChargedBolts
    ChargedBolts Guest

I've recently noticed the light on my xbox staying on despite the console being off and not outputting a signal. I've tried clicking it on and off but all it does is make the startup and closing sounds with everything still working, yet the light remains on.

:)

ChargedBolts, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

ChargedBolts, Let's check if it's a software or hardware conflict.

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

If you are part of the Insider program, leave it.

If the error persists, it could be a hardware problem, friend.

Are you encountering an error in operation?
  3. HairyBuzz Win User

My Xbox one controller won't turn on the console after a few day without turning on the system

How did you turn off the console? Did you have a light on the controller when you turned off console. Did you have light on the controller when you tried turning on the console?
  4. SCOTTVOORHEES Win User

opinions on leaving on and tv app!!!

Silent so when you turn the tv off via the xbox the tv light goes off. the dvr light goes off and the ONE light goes off?

And then simply saying XBOX ON it turns on then say tv on the tv and dvr turn on?
  5. Dufodio Win User

"Xbox turn off" and T.V

The console does not come back on. The light on the console when I turn it off does the following: brightens, dims off, brightens, dims off, brightens, and finally turns off ( doesn't dim). The t.v turns off when the light comes back on the first time and
    then turns back on after the second time it comes on. I have done both of your suggestions and neither worked.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Power brick won't turn off

Hi

The power brick for the Xbox One console never fully turns off if your console is set to instant on mode the light on the power brick will remain white with the console switched off and if the console is set to power save mode the light will be orange/yellow
    when the console is switched off.
Thema:

1. Xbox light not turning off when console is off - Similar Threads - light turning off

2. Why is there aren't any option to diminish brightness or turn off the Xbox logo's light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there aren't any option to diminish brightness or turn off the Xbox logo's light...: Hello, Why in 2023, there isn't any options yet on PC, to configure the logo's light brightness of a Xbox standard controller with the "Xbox Accessories" app from the Microsoft Store, unlike on...
  3. Xbox light turns on but xbox does not do anything then light cuts off one minute later

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox light turns on but xbox does not do anything then light cuts off one minute later: Hello. I played my xbox 2 nights ago no issues. Went on a short trip and come back to when i hit the button the light chimes and comes on, however the xbox does not power on as i don't hear the...
  4. My Xbox light flash’s randomly after I turn it off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox light flash’s randomly after I turn it off: I recently got an Xbox series X and have an issue with it. When ever I go to turn it off the Xbox turns off for like 5ish minutes then it boots back up with a flashing Xbox light, it doesn’t turn...
  5. Xbox wireless controller LED Light does not turn off on PC!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless controller LED Light does not turn off on PC!!!: I cannot turn of the Led or set darker. There is no settings in PC for wirelles controller. I tape the x literally. PLEASE Give pc update so PC gamers can change the brightness for xbox wirelles...
  6. How can I turn off / disable to Light from Xbox Wireless Controller for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I turn off / disable to Light from Xbox Wireless Controller for PC: How can I turn off / disable to Light from Xbox Wireless Controller for PC? I can not find in settings and i do not want to put a tape... It is so silly. 60d77ec1-d8ea-4050-82f7-000c4e931923
  7. Series X doesn't turn off, power light just blinks.

in XboX Insiders
    Series X doesn't turn off, power light just blinks.: As the title says I've had an issue where my series X will not turn off. I hit turn off console and the power button will just slow blink until I manually hold it for 10 seconds forcing a hard...
  8. My Xbox series S light keeps flashing when I turn it off

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series S light keeps flashing when I turn it off: When I turn it off the light keeps flashing for some minutes and then it turns off it happend 2 times is it normal? submitted by /u/naoseiwt55 [link] [comments]
  9. Night Mode Xbox light off causes console to make “turn on” sound when turning off.

in XboX Insiders
    Night Mode Xbox light off causes console to make “turn on” sound when turning off.: Decided to have the console’s light turn off after 8pm just to see whether I like it or not and when I turned the console off, it made the sound it makes when you turn the console on. Pretty...
  10. Series X Power light won't turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Power light won't turn off: [img] This is my Series X when it is turned off. Regardless of whether it is left in Instant On or Power Saving mode, the light refuses to switch off. Problem started a couple of weeks ago but as...